You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SoulCries

AP shell problems

8 comments in this topic

3 posts

AP shell of 203 mm gun and bigger have a problem when over - pen citadel of ships ( especially Cruisers ), yes we all agree that shell will over - pen citadel but it is not just go through citadel and done nothings. In real naval combat if a shell hit engine room of ship whatever it detonation or not it will destroy engine and ship will lose almost all ( or all ) engine power and hit ammo room well it clear that it will a lot of explosion. This situation make a CA, BB can't deal a real damage to cruiser at close combat by AP because over - pen with only 10% damage of AP  when DD, CL with 155 mm and lower gun can citadel cruiser or easy torpedo a BB  . Another problem is AP penetration a turret and do no damage at all, turret is one of vital part of ship so no damage is unfair at all. Hope War Gaming fix this soon.

Beta Tester
7 posts
6,190 battles

Man you've never expected anything called law or logic in this game, you just played this game alright? they will never go through second WW and put every single reality data in this game. Never forgot, this is just a ganme.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Please note that this is not simulator game, this is an arcade game. So whatever happened in real life, it simplified in this game here to not complicate stuff.

DD can citadel a cruiser but minimal damage (3200 HP damage based on my last experienced in my RU DD) & not much as battleship did.

3 posts

i don't play much in tier 8 and above, usually in tier 5 - 7, in close combat cruiser can citadel BB but BB over - pen their citadel, CA like furutaka and aoba almost over - pen citadel all CL of another nation but another cruisers easy citadel them, you say DD citadel cruiser not much damage but a cruiser citadel damage with a 203 mm gun is 4700 hp and have less gun and accuracy than DD and another CL, and i don't see any advance in long range combat of CA with 203 mm gun so why in close CL have much more advance with their gun to delete CA citadel ? So why call it balance ? 

3 posts

BB can do really hurt with citadel but in close range it over - pen it and have only 10% damage when cruiser gun can easy pen their upper belt armor, the result is BB dear less damage than cruiser. So what balance when BB carry bigger gun trade DPM for damage a salvo and they do less damage than cruiser ? SO the meaning of bigger gun is what ? when you can't do real damage to enemy ship even hit it citadel when smaller gun can destroy us by citadel. I have play cruiser with 203 mm gun in close range with another CL of RU, USA, GER hit citadel and all over - pen when they can easy citadel your ship and show broadside with no care, i don't see any balance in here?