Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zombiesforce

Yamato aim

19 comments in this topic

141 posts
6,607 battles

Any tutorial aim for yamato? I am so frustrating ti aim her gun.

Her gun is 460mm, the largest caliber in the game. People who dont have her just says Its OP. And obviously it is only their unrealistic opinion.

When you play her, her gun are lolpen and too lol makes it overpen. It is difficult to make normal damange then Amagi does

I watched some videos from ichase. He aim and citidel every vessels in any angle. But i cant.

Most of the time I aim the waterline, most of the time all shells flew up or penetrate the sea. Only a few is able to maintain their level through their armour belt. After that, I try to adjust upward and downward against waterline. Not helpful. People without yamato says she has crusier-like dispersion, is a great shooter. Obviously they are wrong.

The most realistic result is , I shoot Amagi 8km outside with exposed perfect boardside. I sent full salvo to its waterline, thinks what happen? Sink it immediately? NO, 3 shells over pen, 5000 damage only. If I was the amagi and shoot it at that range, I can instantly sink it for no doubt.

SO what is her problem? How to aim her gun?

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

Any tutorial aim for yamato? I am so frustrating ti aim her gun.

Her gun is 460mm, the largest caliber in the game. People who dont have her just says Its OP. And obviously it is only their unrealistic opinion.

When you play her, her gun are lolpen and too lol makes it overpen. It is difficult to make normal damange then Amagi does

I watched some videos from ichase. He aim and citidel every vessels in any angle. But i cant.

Most of the time I aim the waterline, most of the time all shells flew up or penetrate the sea. Only a few is able to maintain their level through their armour belt. After that, I try to adjust upward and downward against waterline. Not helpful. People without yamato says she has crusier-like dispersion, is a great shooter. Obviously they are wrong.

The most realistic result is , I shoot Amagi 8km outside with exposed perfect boardside. I sent full salvo to its waterline, thinks what happen? Sink it immediately? NO, 3 shells over pen, 5000 damage only. If I was the amagi and shoot it at that range, I can instantly sink it for no doubt.

SO what is her problem? How to aim her gun?

i dont have her on my account. but, played with yamato a lot in pts (my only reason to play pt anyway :D). he has great accuracy to be honest. though it felt like N. Carolina, a bit slow initial shell velocity. unlike nc, its shell has better air drag. so, may be you could watch some youtube videos so that you can do well in it. 

i am still a NOOB. 

141 posts
6,607 battles

i dont have her on my account. but, played with yamato a lot in pts (my only reason to play pt anyway :D). he has great accuracy to be honest. though it felt like N. Carolina, a bit slow initial shell velocity. unlike nc, its shell has better air drag. so, may be you could watch some youtube videos so that you can do well in it. 

i am still a NOOB. 

I watched a lot, nope of them give me the most appropriate answer.

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

Same feeling I had when first sailed in NC, give it some time and get closer. And when shooting CAs you have to compensate for possible evasive maneuver, that's what all good battleship players should learn long before reaching Yamato. Also as a general rule, look for targets which are not paying attention to you.

141 posts
6,607 battles

Ya i also calculate their maneuver direction. You will see a "I" in your screen, you have to aim a little bit left or right instead of just straight upward as steering mod allows CAs to steer faster. Its a wild guess on how much they will steer after U shoot. pure luck.

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

I watched a lot, nope of them give me the most appropriate answer.

well, you can either choose to snipe which is easy for yamato. or take your team mate and charge in with it.

as said by WG. 

Same feeling I had when first sailed in NC, give it some time and get closer. And when shooting CAs you have to compensate for possible evasive maneuver, that's what all good battleship players should learn long before reaching Yamato. Also as a general rule, look for targets which are not paying attention to you.

after playing with yamato, everybody should first master NC, then go for Yamato. you will have lots of fun :) 

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

fron 410mm (Nagato to Izumo) and 460mm Yamato you need to learn how to aim and shoot

I can't explain too much because I learn how to aim myself

I should you install mod training room and try to aim

126 posts
8,252 battles

Aim the waterline

The glorius waterline

When in close quarter battle aim a bit under the waterline

Basically,aiming in yamato is VERY EASY   (Much easier than that of Dunky)

Pray the RNGesus b4 u shoot

or shoot the CA when they try to U-turn,this can effectively harm the CA

Forget the CA and shoot BB please

You suck when hunting CA.comparing with the other 2 T10 BB

Edited by Light_carrier_ryujo

14 posts
4,524 battles

ya indeed her gun just too big,sometimes if u hit cruiser or lightly armored battleship at point blank range with that big gun,definitely the shell will overpens.btw you can still shoot the water(lower than the main belt armor)  to prevent overpens,if u are lucky enough,u might get the citadel.Here is another useful tip for Yamato,if u are 1v1 bow in with another BB or ca(not German) with high raised citadel ,u can actually penetrate the athwartship and hit the citadel from bow,just shoot the water line close to turret that are sharply angled.

Edited by WeiKiat

141 posts
6,607 battles

i ve experience in shooting 16 17 km ca catching full boardside while they u turn. Hit in full boardside and 1480 pops out. Hell, using amagi , i can do devastating strike

Edited by zombiesforce

Sign in to follow this