Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

shimakaze torp.

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,376 battles

2.5 km torpedoes detectability for shimakaze's torp . Really ! What you expect to hit with these torpedoes ? WOWS must be crazy. No wonder DD's player choose USN's DD .

Shimakaze is still playable with the 12 km torpedo ones. It was nerfed looong time ago ( in 0.5.4 I think ) to counter the great wall of torpedoes suddenly appearing broadside of battleships who apparently don't know how to WASD

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

That is compensation for Long range. Historically it wont reach 20km with that speed. 

You can improvise mate. 

My current deadly setup on shima-tan is 

Type 93 Mod 3 (12 KM) 

Speed : 67 Knots

Dmg : 23K alpha dmg

Detectability : 1.8km (iirc)

but u take TA skill so the new current setup is 

Type 93 Mod 3 (modded) (9.6 KM ) 
Speed : 72 Knots
Dmg : 23K alpha dmg
Detectability : 1.8km (IIRC)

That one is the best. I cant seem to adapt using 20km even many spams on training room and few tries out on live server.. Probably WG wants us to be more aggresive and getting faced on by gunboats rather than spamming 20km away

Edited by Safiuddin97

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,376 battles

Probably WG wants us to be more aggresive and getting faced on by gunboats rather than spamming 20km away

To be frank, I doubt anyone torps from a distance of 20km. I literally get close to like 8km if I could for the best chance of torpedo hit and that was before the torp nerf and still do now.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

To be frank, I doubt anyone torps from a distance of 20km. I literally get close to like 8km if I could for the best chance of torpedo hit and that was before the torp nerf and still do now.

Well. Downside of 20km is.. When it reaches 10km. The spread of the torpedo is wide enough and even a CA can torpedobeat it... :'D

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,376 battles

Well. Downside of 20km is.. When it reaches 10km. The spread of the torpedo is wide enough and even a CA can torpedobeat it... :'D

That's what I'm saying. No one uses the 20km torp at that distance even if  it could go on 20km. Even a Fubuki doesn't sail 15km of a target. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Instead of "use 12km torp", anybody actually think about what's the role of the 20km torp? no?

I think the only thing it does is forcing people to free exp through it. Aside from the notorious gap at long range, the slow speed and gigantic detection only further make it an obvious noob trap.

It was the result of WG trying to fix the torpedo soup, but instead of rebalancing they just plainly nerf the torp to oblivion without compensating the ship in any other regard. And no, the 12km torp is still worse than old 20km one even if you use it under 12km.

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,376 battles

It was the result of WG trying to fix the torpedo soup, but instead of rebalancing they just plainly nerf the torp to oblivion without compensating the ship in any other regard. And no, the 12km torp is still worse than old 20km one even if you use it under 12km.

Meh WG indirectly force the players to use the 12km or even the 8km ones just so the BB population could be happy. And this isn't the first time WG nerf something without compensating. Well one could say WG give the F3 type torp as a compensation, yeah like good luck getting close to a target within 8km when the enemy DDs (no matter which nation DD) will definitely screening the front sea for them.

199 posts
18,023 battles

Lucky I checked the tech spec before purchasing the boat . I better avoid it since it is useless for 20 km torps . I was thinking torp spamming until the  enemy surrender. Good bye shimakaze.

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,376 battles

Lucky I checked the tech spec before purchasing the boat . I better avoid it since it is useless for 20 km torps . I was thinking torp spamming until the  enemy surrender. Good bye shimakaze.

Well, Shimakaze isn't entirely useless just because the 20km torpedo is practically unusable. But yeah, if that was your brilliant plan on using the Shimakaze, you'd better off not getting on her.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

Instead of "use 12km torp", anybody actually think about what's the role of the 20km torp? no?

I think the only thing it does is forcing people to free exp through it. Aside from the notorious gap at long range, the slow speed and gigantic detection only further make it an obvious noob trap.

Forcing broadside

Sign in to follow this