You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RisaFujiyama

I Need A Good Read, Suggest Please.

13 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

So yeah, lately I have read some books about Adolf Hitler's life. Its quite interesting I must say.

Didnt knew he is into the arts and play during his teenage life. Whew... really shocking man, really shocking.

So yeah folks, do suggest me some good books.:honoring:

PS: I am more interested into Axis side, but you can just suggest anything you think that is great.

PSS: I am sore confused with Soviet, are they Allied or Axis? Because in the 2nd book that I read, Hitler and Stalin are on Axis, but in the 3rd book, Hitler attacks Soviet? Really confusing, maybe I should re-read them carefully. :sceptic:

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

"Hitler Table Talk" read it, and you will find many interesting view of the man

esp regarding religion, Kaiser and German allied - Japan

one of interesting point were Hitler view China and Japan very very highly, however when He heard Japan streak of winning against China Kuommintang Army. He remark that He didnt doubt Japan will be the winner of the conflict, but Japan will be absorbed by the Chinese. and speaking mandarin in the future.

which true in history, many kingdom have prove they can defeat china, but their culture and civilization will preaty much absorb their conqueror (2 great example were monglians and manchu)

Edited by humusz

[PEEDZ]
22 posts
5,771 battles

Have a read of "Iron coffins".

It's a memoir of a uboat commander. Paints a pretty bleak picture of what sub warfare was like.

I've read it 4-5 times.

Also "Forgotten Soldier". By Guy Sajer.

A tale of his time in Russia, also an awesome book.

How these guys survived after the crap they went through, I don't know.

Really luck of the draw

82 posts
2,960 battles

"Glorious way to die"

Yamato's suicide mission on the eyes of the japanese sailors and american pilots and their respective leaders. And will probably teach you how much blood and intestines will spill out when a single bomb that exploded on a crowded ship filled with young recruits that played submarines on a bath some 6pages before and how their family loved them some 20 pages before

211 posts
9,931 battles

Stalingrad by Antony Beevor is a great read. Pretty grim though.

Stalingrad was a great read, Don't try reading Berlin it just gets worse, i couldn't finish it, too depressing.

Also "Forgotten Soldier". By Guy Sajer.

A tale of his time in Russia, also an awesome book.

How these guys survived after the crap they went through, I don't know.

Really luck of the draw

Yes, that book was amazing.

I see my recommendations have already been listed, 

1,162 posts

Stalinium and Moustache-man agreed not to attack each other early on.

Well, early on.

But, its a different story later on.

Yeah... I can see where its going. 

mein kampf 

Thats is pretty well known book, its on my list already. haha

probably should have put this in off topic or historical but thats not my job XD

At least its not degenerate or useless thread. But my bad tho :hiding:

Stalingrad by Antony Beevor is a great read. Pretty grim though.

Stalingrad was a great read, Don't try reading Berlin it just gets worse, i couldn't finish it, too depressing.

Thats sound like I need lot of sanity to read them. Damn..

16 posts
3,926 battles

PSS: I am sore confused with Soviet, are they Allied or Axis? Because in the 2nd book that I read, Hitler and Stalin are on Axis, but in the 3rd book, Hitler attacks Soviet? Really confusing, maybe I should re-read them carefully. :sceptic:

In the beginning USSR and Germany signed a Molotov-Ribentropp pact, which was not a formal alliance, but a sort of neutrality agreement. Meaning that both USSR and Germany won't interfere in each other's dealings and no military conflict would happen. 

Reading "Japanese destroyer captain" - very interesting perspective from Japanese side. Not sure how they were planning to win the war if they were under extreme conservation of fuel and ammunition practically from day 1 and it didn't get better from then on.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Fatherland maybe or Man on the High Castle for a little fiction. If you want some good allied books(emphasis on the IF) I recommend any book by Stephen E. Ambrose.