Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Belfast... overpowered?

11 comments in this topic

141 posts
6,599 battles

Yes. WG, take my money. But in contrast, i want it be nerfed. If this ship keep going for sale at this parameter, all T7 ships, especially DD, the IJN DD!!!! Become trash instantly.:(

Edited by zombiesforce

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
387 posts
14,950 battles

Yes, the smoke tips it over the edge of being overpowered, based on everything I've seen so far. 

It already has great concealment, hydro and radar, those things alone bring it in line with the Atlanta and it even has more HP and less rainbow.

That said, it looks dead set fragile. Still buying it. :P

Beta Tester
12 posts
3,495 battles

Those dds saw a CL pushes up to 6km and kept sailing straight line, very impressive. if future rank season is tier 7, at high rank it will be OP broken. For random people, just have a look at Kutuzov statistics. 37k average damage 47% winrate. OP on paper, but majority of player base won't "skill enough" to handle it. 

Edited by WR102ka

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Fragile? you mean prone to overpen, right?

god damn it, i have enough of HE spammer in the smoke at tier 8 (MK47)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Pretty much applies to all ships, really. In the hands of a good player, most, if not all ships can be absolutely brutal.

In that hands of a bad player? Well, that's a different story.

And even better, being a premium means the person behind the wheels of a premium ship may not have had sufficient experience in a ship/ship line. 

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

this ship will be blatantly OP in the hands of unicorns, but then again if the person playing Belfast dost have a good idea on how to position his ship on the map, he is basically free food.

54 posts
7,230 battles

By the sound of it, this looks a lot like a slightly easier Atlanta.

Atlanta is constantly accused of being a bad ship and needing a buff, but when it's come up a few times the dev's have said that they haven't because there's a group of players who know how to play her, and get exceptional results from her already, so any buff's would make it blatantly OP for those users (ie the distribution of results across the player skill level is extremely wide, maybe the widest of all the current ships), leaving them in a bind on what to do with it.

With Belfast, I think for most players, you'll see a more normal spread, as she looks a little more forgiving than the Atlanta, but for those that get the hang of her, I hope MM puts them on my side!

Will still get her myself, want a RN prem for captain training, and want a T7 or 8 for that job.

Sign in to follow this