Sign in to follow this  
hosang1337

Losing every dogfight while playing CV

2 comments in this topic

1 post
2,060 battles

I have recently started playing CVs but I seem to lose in every dogfight I have engaged in. Is there any tips on how to play against enemy fighters? Also, I have lost pretty much every right-click dogfight in nearly all my games against identical CVs with identical aircraft with no supporting ships on either side. Would anyone point out what im doing wrong and help me improve my CV play?

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

You can check out some of these videos from which I learned to control aircraft. I believe if you are talking about dogfight you just left click on the enemy and your fighter squadron will attack. If you are talking about strafing then you need to position your fighter approach in a way that would keep the enemy planes in their approach for the longest time possible. It is , however, entirely possible to lose entire squadrons to enemy fighters (even bot CVs), so for the most effect at low tiers I fly my strike squadrons (dive/ torpedo bombers) with the fighter squadron to provide a little more supporting fire with the rear gunners of the strike aircraft.

Sign in to follow this