You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Dear Lexington players: Please stop playing ranked with her thanks

25 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

CV are quite different as compared to other ships, yes maybe there are trashkent or new orleans in a team that gets deleted early in the game. But their contribution to the battle is not comparable with what a cv does. A cv provides scouting for the whole team, and defend the whole team from aerial treats. 

I wonder what can a lexington do?

In every ranked battle that i had with a lexington and a shokaku on the other team, its a insta-lose

Once in rank 12, once in rank 11, once in rank 10 and just as I thought i might be able to reach rank 8, BOOM, there goes a lexington on my team.

Can we not? for the sake of sanity of others and yourself?  

And yeah, I am meaning that few Lexington players, I do not wish(and I can't as according to the forum rules) to name you, but just NO!

I had {redacted} enough! Please! What is the meaning in playing a ship, that is not good in every respect as compared to shokaku? Look at the user stats, whether it is WoWs numbers, Warships today, or Warship stats?

Edited by Lordofcaptain

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I just wanna react to your post but there are many potatoes playing this game and when will those potatoes understand CV is Most important piece in this game like the queen in chess If you (CV Player) falls Whole team gets rekt!!! But no they want to have fun. And fun means loosing the game ofc for those potatoes

[WOWMY]
185 posts
2,302 battles

I do agree on your point here OP. Instead of venting those anger on specific class, maybe you can approach it in much "suggestive" manner. Telling other people not to play this specific class and that specific class would not solve the problem. Regardless of stats and all those technical stuff, the utmost important thing is the player skill itself. Lexington in the hands of a skillful player can be very dangerous as her counterpart.

Maybe for starter, you can suggest fellow CV Captains on how to CV game play and constructive comments on why is not viable supported with facts and figure why it is not such a good idea to bring it to Ranked Battle. Although the impact would not seems instantly, karma will always be on your side - do good and receive good. I'm not much of a CV player but i keen on learning myself on how to play CV properly and gather any available resources that i can get to improve my game play. Good and constructive comments will always be appreciated by the community.

Regards

Beta Tester
908 posts

I just wanna react to your post but there are many potatoes playing this game and when will those potatoes understand CV is Most important piece in this game like the queen in chess If you (CV Player) falls Whole team gets rekt!!! But no they want to have fun. And fun means loosing the game ofc for those potatoes

Which is why I don't play ranked when 2 cvs are queued up. I don't want my ranked game to be on a coin flip.

16 posts
3,926 battles

I haven't played that many ranked battles yet, only rank 18, but as it's usually the case, the problem is not with a ship, the problem would be with a player and with communication within the team, or lack thereof. Most players can be reasoned with to an extent, it's just that not many people try.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,256 battles

I haven't played that many ranked battles yet, only rank 18, but as it's usually the case, the problem is not with a ship, the problem would be with a player and with communication within the team, or lack thereof. Most players can be reasoned with to an extent, it's just that not many people try.

This is true, but choice of ship at higher tiers seems to become more and more important. I only have any real experience with DDs but I can tell you anyone bringing a Tashkent into a 10-6 ranked match is putting their own team at a huge disadvantage. 

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

where is Troller?

'You' are the troller.

I mean not you, but 'you' in the picture.....

Back to topic, this shows how much unbalanced between Lexington and Shokaku......

When they have the same skill, Shokaku players have advantage over Lexington......

So WG should think about this.....

Edited by usa_panther

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

'You' are the troller.

I mean not you, but 'you' in the picture.....

Back to topic, this shows how much unbalanced between Lexington and Shokaku......

When they have the same skill, Shokaku players have advantage over Lexington......

So WG should think about this.....

ah i see......

so the IJN CV overpower the USN CV in high tier?

Edited by XP_On

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

ah i see......

so the IJN CV overpower the USN CV in high tier?

At least I think so.

Lexington  can choose between

1 1 1

2 0 2

0 1 3

And Shokaku can choose between

1 2 2

3 1 2

2 2 2

Even if Lexington choose 2 0 2

She cannot win Shokaku 3 1 2

Because differences between fighter squadron....

Also she cannot have torpedo bomber,

So her deals drop significantly compare to Shokaku.......

And get little exp no matter how Lexinghton tries due to current exp system.....

So what Lexington players tried to do, was pick the 013 no matter how their teammates get mad at them to get a lot of exp . 

Edited by usa_panther

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,865 battles

Because 013 is the best loadout to carry when you absolutely don't trust your team. 

Can't really say I'm against it, I don't support it either. I mean I personally understand the pain to go with support ships in lower rank, it's just doesn't work well, you need carry ship until you reach rank where you probably can trust your team a little bit.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,256 battles

Until he knows how to use that particular ship to it's full potential.

No, even assuming he is very good in that ship his team is still at a disadvantage because concealment and contesting caps are so much more important in ranked, and what Tashkent does best is done in ranked much better by an Atago.

Beta Tester
908 posts

This is true, but choice of ship at higher tiers seems to become more and more important. I only have any real experience with DDs but I can tell you anyone bringing a Tashkent into a 10-6 ranked match is putting their own team at a huge disadvantage. 

I have seen takaos in ranked 5 plus, go figure. These guys don't even have concealment expert.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,277 battles

Man I just had our air superiority lexington got striked by another lexington. I was like wtf??? That triggered and tilted me for the rest the day.

Usually when there is a cv in the queue I just don't bother and quit until they go away.