Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Storm_Raiser

An interesting read. ICYMI

4 comments in this topic

415 posts
10,918 battles

350 posts

I do admire WG for walking the tightrope between making their games fun while challenging at the same time. I'm sure some of the forumers here would smile at what he said about us since they do listen, but at the same time look at the raw data given to them.

Case in point is Pensacola who might have increased rewards as its armor could not be buffed since it would not be historically accurate especially if its player uses it to tank. It does make me want to buy and play it just for that very reason alone since I would rather tank a DD capping than leave him alone to sink the enemy ships anyway.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Case in point is Pensacola who might have increased rewards as its armor could not be buffed since it would not be historically accurate

Well where are Gneisenau's 11 inch guns??? 15 inch guns are not HISTORICALLY accurate. Germans wanted to upgrade it's guns but they didn't.Why do we have to play with 15inch guns instead of 11 inch guns with 3x3 setup:facepalm:

350 posts

Well where are Gneisenau's 11 inch guns??? 15 inch guns are not HISTORICALLY accurate. Germans wanted to upgrade it's guns but they didn't.Why do we have to play with 15inch guns instead of 11 inch guns with 3x3 setup:facepalm:

I'm not really sure, but like I said they are walking a tightrope here and they thought that 15 in guns would suit the Gneisenau's role as a battleship as opposed to Pensacola's weak armor being a heavy cruiser that was forced to follow regulations.

Giving her 11 in (pop) guns would make that fast battleship ineffective against say the Colorado or Nagato as it would be more suited to fight cruisers and destroyers since her sister - Scharnhost (sp?) was given such a role in the game to make it unique.

Historically, Germany knew that they could not match Great Britain's navy pound for pound and thus had replaced their surface ship fleets with wolf packs of submarines that could strike anywhere without being fired back. Thus, their resources were shifted to submarine production as their earlier forays with surface raiders were not that successful anyway.

Sign in to follow this