Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Russian DDs T6 - T8. Why did Kiev's Hit Points get Nerfed?

40 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Just to clear things out this is not a rant post. I just wanna know why did you guys(WG Devs) Nerf Kiev's hit points??? So that I wanna play it to it's full potential

OGNEVOI:- 
                         I personally loved this ship because of it's Hit points at 15k and Guns were amazing compared to other DDs even farragut can lose to this ship in One on One situation. Torpedoes are very good but it is Russian so 4kms range is reasonable. But most important thing is it was like cruiser and i had to play it like a mini cruiser.

KIEV:- 
                       I was so eager to use this one so I sacrificed my Minekaze and Ognevoi. but this ship turns out to be hammered with WG NERF HAMMER. like at T7 this ship's Hit Points are 12.6k!! I mean seriously?? How should I play it? Hide like all Hatsuharu players do?? Torpedoes are fine considering I've got used to that 4kms standard range of Russian torpedoes. But I'm also used to my high number of hit points from lower tiers. If i had to use my guns I have to give up concealment and I don't wanna talk about concealment issues because this boat is a GUN BOAT not a torpedo boat like Hatsuharu. 

Why did you take out 3k hit points from Kiev?? was it that necessary??

Not to say you've now released Leningrad with 15k hit points. With already existing Blyskawica and Sims.

TASHKENT:- 
                    Now I played it on public test and this one has monstrous 19k hit points. Yes torpedo range gets better with 8kms. And it becomes a complete DD cum Gun Boat

Now I wanna know how should I match with these ships?? With my speed? with first salvo shot they will know my exact speed and timing. Even if I do WASD hax their shells eventually get to me no matter what.

I just wanna know what is my role and what should I do? and I must say there will be players like "Hey DD go cap!!!" "DD go scout". And I have to explain I'm not a DD and I can't fulfill a IJN DD's job requirements. With all this I had to play a bit passive and which causes me to be a useless member of the team. I can't go and spot. Nor I can be exposed for a longer time and With a CV in the match it is like hell.

Note :- THIS IS NOT A RANT POST

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Kiev....HP was nerfed to 12.6k because it was overperforming. It was just too good and relentless for its tier and above. Kiev's current HP is it's only drawback now so not getting hit is paramount now. Therefore AFT is very important for Kiev so that you can fire as far as possible to minimize the chance of enemy ships hitting you.

Tashkent....a true downgrade from Kiev except for its 19k HP and 8km torps. 2 main weakness for the trashcan is it's size and rudder shift time. Size you can't do anything about it. Rudder shift time can be much improved with top hull and upgrades. With top hull and Rudder Shift 1 upgrade (20% improvement) and Rudder Shift 2 upgrade (40% improvement), drops your rudder shift time to 2.8s if i'm not mistaken. WASD hackers dream. I'm using this 2 upgrades now and it's better than Kiev every could be. Though i'm thinking of changing the Rudder Shift 1 to Propulsion upgrade soon.

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

If you have to clarify this, it's contentious, at the least.

You know some players (Members of this forum) just assume it from the Heading(Name of the Post) that OP could be Ranting about ship.But i'm not I just wanna play it like a Russian DD and i couldn't with that health.I wanna know how to play it like a Russian DD when this particular ship KIEV has less HP than it's lower tier ship.
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

For a kiev, it is too overpowered before she was nerfed HP.

Fast speed

Good mauablity 

Hard hitting battery

ETC......

So WG nerfed this.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Fast speed

Good mauablity 

Hard hitting battery

ETC......

So WG nerfed this.

I missed the good old day :( 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Fast speed

Good mauablity 

Hard hitting battery

ETC......

So WG nerfed this.

Saipan is Too OP for it's tier why doesn't it get nerfed?? 

All kidding aside You've half answered to my post which was why did they nerf.

I wanna know how to deal with that nerf what should I do??

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

You know some players (Members of this forum) just assume it from the Heading(Name of the Post) that OP could be Ranting about ship.But i'm not I just wanna play it like a Russian DD and i couldn't with that health.I wanna know how to play it like a Russian DD when this particular ship KIEV has less HP than it's lower tier ship.

FYI, this is a rant post

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Okay, then I would like to tell you a tip....

Try to conservative about your HP....

I mean don't fight DD in very close range.....

Also never banzai to BB because it would erase your HP 

So how to kiev? 

First, follow your dd friend that goes to cap,

do not enter the cap, and help him from behind the cap. And fire to enemy dd and ca that threats your friend dd in the cap.

( Of course, if you are the only dd in your team, you have to go to cap.)

Then you fire everything that comes into your range. Put them on fire and burn them to death.

If CA or BB show you broad side try AP.

(Cruiser on the waterline 

BB on the superstructure)

Using your speed and mauable constantly.

Make enemy ships struggle dealing with you.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Saipan is Too OP for it's tier why doesn't it get nerfed?? 

All kidding aside You've half answered to my post which was why did they nerf.

I wanna know how to deal with that nerf what should I do??

As for saipan, tier9 airplanes have good and bad point.

I will talk about bad point.

In the captain skill there is a skill that makes low tier fighters fight well against high tier fighters.

So if Hiryu or Ranger have this skill

Then saipan struggles to fight with them.

Also saipan takes alot of time to reload then other 7 tier CV.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
410 posts
15,039 battles

With SE and AFT the Kiev is very much restored to its former glory. CE isn't really necessary for a kiting gun boat so getting to 14 points shouldn't be too hateful of a grind. Of course, then you have to decide between SE and DE...

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

With SE and AFT the Kiev is very much restored to its former glory. CE isn't really necessary for a kiting gun boat so getting to 14 points shouldn't be too hateful of a grind. Of course, then you have to decide between SE and DE...

Well I've already got DE so i need to grind 2 points because i already have 2 more points left untouched and yes i don't think CE is necessary for Russian DDs

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

And with this, I can whittle down a Kiev's HP faster with my Hatsuharu~

That is my problem IJN DD just takes off my 2k whilst i take 1k from her and yes this is Where my HP come into play

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

As for saipan, tier9 airplanes have good and bad point.

I will talk about bad point.

In the captain skill there is a skill that makes low tier fighters fight well against high tier fighters.

So if Hiryu or Ranger have this skill

Then saipan struggles to fight with them.

Also saipan takes alot of time to reload then other 7 tier CV.

Talking about Saipan or any other premiums WG fears that if they talk something about nerf they are gonna get refund requests but what about mainline ships not like only premium ships are pulling player base to WoWs. It is the main line ships and of you keep nerfing ships because some potato BB player couldn't deal with with it's guns then WG is sure gonna lose players 

Sorry that I went off topic here. But Saipan has upper hand even with good player behind hiryu or ranger

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

That is my problem IJN DD just takes off my 2k whilst i take 1k from her and yes this is Where my HP come into play

Its T7 counterpart, Hatsuharu, only possesses an average amount of speed, bad turret rotation and bad reload rate.

Fight at medium range where it would be less likely to hit you. Trying to CQC in any Russian DD would literally get rid of any advantages its speed would have.

Unless, of course, you expected to not get hit while dealing more damage.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Talking about Saipan or any other premiums WG fears that if they talk something about nerf they are gonna get refund requests but what about mainline ships not like only premium ships are pulling player base to WoWs. It is the main line ships and of you keep nerfing ships because some potato BB player couldn't deal with with it's guns then WG is sure gonna lose players 

Sorry that I went off topic here. But Saipan has upper hand even with good player behind hiryu or ranger

Sorry if you got offended.

I wanted to say that saipan has its downside.

Anyway, I can agree that WG fears to nerf premium ships, because of that problem you mentioned.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Its T7 counterpart, Hatsuharu, only possesses an average amount of speed, bad turret rotation and bad reload rate.

Fight at medium range where it would be less likely to hit you. Trying to CQC in any Russian DD would literally get rid of any advantages its speed would have.

Unless, of course, you expected to not get hit while dealing more damage.

Does CQC include fighting at 8-9kms range? 

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,265 battles

If a Hatsuharu can outdamage your Kiev at 8km then what you have there is a player who is much better than you are.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Praise the Hatsuharu player for actually using his guns and knowing how to aim, then.

If a Hatsuharu can outdamage your Kiev at 8km then what you have there is a player who is much better than you are.

Lol he sure was a Very good player(Better than me) he topped that Results chart tho. 

Sign in to follow this