You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stratmania

Concerning the New CV Economy...

38 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Disclaimer: this post is made with a non-premium user in mind. Some screenshots are from periods where premium time was applied, but I will be evaluating those based on non-premium gains.

Does anyone know the exact figures/numbers that were rebalanced in the new economy patch for CVs? I am talking about rewards for damage done, plane kills, spotting, and potential damage taken.

I am asking this because the impression I am getting from this new economy is that I get quite a bit less than what I used to make, to the tune of at least 25% less. 

I have  had a few games where the earnings actually resembled those that I would make quite regularly in the past, but I would have to dominate both the air and the surface in order to do so. An example would be here http://imgur.com/a/5CXMY.

However, those games do not come as often as I would like. Other times, I can deal quite a bit (or a lot) of damage and then barely stay afloat or outright lose credits. This is most apparent at high tiers, and I can give 2 examples that happened yesterday:

http://imgur.com/a/zy0xR (Taiho strike loadout vs Essex stock loadout)

http://imgur.com/a/7xjX2 (Midway strike loadout vs Hakuryu strike/stock loadout)

After those two games, I decided to take a look (again) at the new economy thread at http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18890-incoming-economy-changes-in-0512/

Within that post, two points stuck out to me:

1. One-dimensional gameplay is discouraged due to worse rewards.

2. Only highly skilled players can consistently break even/profit at high tiers.

Now, on point 1, the concept seems fine. After all, a CV player that can do it all should be rewarded appropiately.

However, that is easier said than done when the strike USN loadouts at T5-T8 don't have any fighters. That loadout is the epitome of "one-dimensional". IJN does not have this problem since all their loadouts have at least 1 fighter and can also deal at least a bit of damage.

When asked about this on the Reddit Q&A by Sub_Octavian, his answer seems a bit... worrying.

"There is no plan to change loadouts now and to buff strike loadouts. We buffed USN fighters recently for more AS value, and for now are not going to change CV specs more."

I would like to know what is the rationale behind this answer.

Now, on to point 2. Obviously, at higher tiers, maintenance costs are higher and CVs will have to deal with aircraft replacement costs now. However, we get to the point where you have to get an absolute monster game to stay afloat and I have this question to ask the community and WG: How highly skilled do you have to be to consistently stay afloat? This is not just for CVs, but for other classes as well.

Lastly, someone datamined the PT version 0.5.13 and found that aircraft replacement costs have been increased by a not insignificant amount. I understand that this is purely in PTS, and that it may not make it to the live server, but this will make it even harder to earn credits in CVs than it already is (somewhat). The thread can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/57abov/05121_live_0513_pt_1_data_changes/

So... what do you guys think about this? I really want to know how you guys feel about this and discuss...

8 posts
102 battles

Losing money on a near 300k game. That is completely ridiculous. 

Yeah sure T10 isn't really the best place for making money, but something is broken if you lose money in a game you have a huge impact in.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

When asked about this on the Reddit Q&A by Sub_Octavian, his answer seems a bit... worrying.

"There is no plan to change loadouts now and to buff strike loadouts. We buffed USN fighters recently for more AS value, and for now are not going to change CV specs more."

I would like to know what is the rationale behind this answer.

CVs are played very rarely nowadays. They don't want to rebalance it more now. Instead I suppose they want to rebalance carriers and their gameplay all together.

​Note: This is just a guess. The only evidence I have is that there is a plan to fully change CV gameplay in the works

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

CVs are played very rarely nowadays. They don't want to rebalance it more now. Instead I suppose they want to rebalance carriers and their gameplay all together.

​Note: This is just a guess. The only evidence I have is that there is a plan to fully change CV gameplay in the works

The thing is, every time they are asked about this they seem to not know how to rebalance/rework it. All we know is that it will hopefully come before the end of the year.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

The thing is, every time they are asked about this they seem to not know how to rebalance/rework it. All we know is that it will hopefully come before the end of the year.

​CV is very hard to play... I am stuck at the Hiryu Balanced fighting Saipans with AS which is extremely hard. AA on surface ships have been buffed a little too much IMO. Cruisers have lost their main use in battle as AA support as BB can now shoot planes down with impunity(higher tiers). Now CV's main target is DDs which is not all that fun.
Edited by karrablaster123

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Perhaps they're downgrading the CV's paygrade to something any normal guy with any other ship class would receive- without decreasing the CV's responsibilities.

Oh well, let's see how PTS will work out.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Perhaps they're downgrading the CV's paygrade to something any normal guy with any other ship class would receive- without decreasing the CV's responsibilities.

Oh well, let's see how PTS will work out.

I would like to see how much a surface ship earns with that kind of damage.

We shall see how this ends up....

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I would like to see how much a surface ship earns with that kind of damage.

We shall see how this ends up....

Not too different from a CV's, but with a larger repair cost.

Perhaps that's why they intend to increase the price of lost planes.

72 posts
2,544 battles

I'm even more concerned that this is the byproduct of the attempt to curb a single problem, but ending up screwing up a lot of things that are already working out fine - things like the old CV economy.

This is purely personal speculation (so feel free to disagree with what I see because I obviously am not omniscient and I like to wear tinfoil hats :^) ), but the sequence of events from my perspective looked exactly like this :-

IJN torps became a "problem for almost everyone who sails straight, guess which class does that the most" -> IJN torps nerfed by getting spotted from miles away -> BBs became easier to play -> BB population grows -> CA/CL population reduces because BB eats them alive -> AA support from CA/CL reduces -> CVs have easier time to drop on BBs -> BB AA buffed -> BBs became even more easier to play -> OVERPOPULATION of BB population -> bowcamping becomes significant problem -> proposed BB bow hull nerf to "curb bowcamping"-> proposed nerf canceled, instead economy tweaks to attempt to, again, "curb bowcamping"

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Not too different from a CV's, but with a larger repair cost.

Perhaps that's why they intend to increase the price of lost planes.

Surface ships have exactly the same maintenance cost as CVs. I keep on seeing them get better gross earnings from several screenshots.

72 posts
2,544 battles

Except for the fact that CVs are rarely damaged.

Yeah, considering CVs are most of the time either full HP or 0hp... and the only time they are damaged by the end of the match is if the team has already lost and the enemy is trying to finish the last CV off... :bajan:

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Yeah, considering CVs are most of the time either full HP or 0hp... and the only time they are damaged by the end of the match is if the team has already lost and the enemy is trying to finish the last CV off... :bajan:

Or when the UI decides to screw with you while you micromanage your squadrons and makes your oh-so-maneuverable ship careening towards the frontlines.

54 posts
7,180 battles

Except for the fact that CVs are rarely damaged.

Except that the single fixed maintenance costs now mean CVs have to pay as if they had been damaged even though they received none.

Edit: and since they receive no damage mostly, they dont benefit from earning credits/XP from tanking damage like other ship types do. Even more economy loss for CVs

Edited by AKagai42

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

So blowing up/taking damage does not financially hinder you?

No, but the base costs have been increased in such a way that its equivalent to taking at least 33% damage in the old economy. With planes shot down costing quite a bit of money, its like I automatically take 50% damage in my Midway.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Stop wasting your energy and time bro. This is futile as WG will pay no heed and forumers are mostly non-cv players or have not played CVs enough and mastered them, unlike you or I, to give a credible comment. I've given my fair share of intelligent suggestions and opinions in the past, you've given yours; time to hang up the gloves and let this ship drive itself into an iceberg.

As I've said before, the latest CV change was the final nail in the coffin for the poor ship class. You said that it would take a very skilled player to break even consistently, I say even a very skilled player won't break even consistently given the nature of matchmaking and lobotomized teammates.

So, for the foreseeable future, I see no hope for CVs. I hope players would stop playing this class altogether so WG will finally remove this class and give us refund to expend on other ships or give them a massive gameplay overhaul which can only be the way to fix them up for good.

P.S. for other classes the economy changes was no problem for me and actually gave me a massive boost of income in my bismarck and benson.

Edited by Deicide

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

New Economy work as Intended. - as many supporter said so

Dismisal of CV Player will be replaced by BOT CV, and Bastion type airfield in the future for diverse gameplay,and make some ship class stay relevant :trollface:

Edited by humusz

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

No, but the base costs have been increased in such a way that its equivalent to taking at least 33% damage in the old economy. With planes shot down costing quite a bit of money, its like I automatically take 50% damage in my Midway.

High-tier ships aren't exactly supposed to profit that high in the first place.

Is balans economy.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Is balans economy.

So... you are telling me that if any other class in T10 were to have a game like this in the current they would lose credits as well? Since they share the exact same maintenance costs and repaire costs are 0.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

Is balans economy.

stein, with that kind of damage in a surface ship, you wil be seeing AT A BARE MINIUM 300k credit income  even if it is a T10 ship, i have yamato and zao, yesterday night i got more credits then this in a match where i did 80k dmg qnd scored forth on the team

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

So... you are telling me that if any other class in T10 were to have a game like this in the current they would lose credits as well? Since they share the exact same maintenance costs and repaire costs are 0.

no, if you get a match where you scored 200k+ dmg, unless you sniped all they way in the back and didnt dmg your shiny armor, you will profit after repair costs are deducted

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

stein, with that kind of damage in a surface ship, you wil be seeing AT A BARE MINIUM 300k credit income  even if it is a T10 ship, i have yamato and zao, yesterday night i got more credits then this in a match where i did 80k dmg qnd scored forth on the team

Number of factors that we aren't taking into account, such as what you were shooting at, as well as any credit modifiers.

Better take pictures.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Alright, looks like theres an official post by WG on the new economy: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/19413-0512-economics-before-and-after/page__pid__249774

I am curious as to how the credit balance of CVs have been increased. I have been noticing decreases. I have a feeling that the balance increases only apply to less-skilled players.