You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Bye Ranked

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Why do I play ranked:  Cos I can git gud when I play against better players, learn tactics from the pros

What I get in ranked after first weeks:  Root vegetables in ranks 10-6 everywhere after all the unicums got to rank 5, heck, even in the first week with the unicums around they already got to rank 10. 

So now I am back to R9-3, after losing several matches from R7-0, because some ship (or some ship(s)) on my team decided to die first (in all cases), for no tactical value whatsoever.  They did not die to delay enemy ships, or create an opening we can exploit, or any other useful purpose.  No, they just died.  Your typical root vegetable.

So basically, I have decided to give up on ranked battles after just 85 matches.  As I don't feel like doing anything else to occupy my Warships time I think I should just go work out, get a girlfriend, secure that GPA 5.0, and do whatever else I have always wanted to do.

I would like to extend my thanks to WoWS players who made me realise that ranked battles are not as great as they are made out to be, and to motivate me to pursue more irl goals.  After all, ranked is either the place you git so gud that you can carry a team of 5 vs 7, or a place which simply gives stars to the team which MM blesses with fewer root vegetables (or more unicums).

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Why do I play ranked:  Cos I can git gud when I play against better players, learn tactics from the pros

What I get in ranked after first weeks:  Root vegetables in ranks 10-6 everywhere after all the unicums got to rank 5, heck, even in the first week with the unicums around they already got to rank 10. 

So now I am back to R9-3, after losing several matches from R7-0, because some ship (or some ship(s)) on my team decided to die first (in all cases), for no tactical value whatsoever.  They did not die to delay enemy ships, or create an opening we can exploit, or any other useful purpose.  No, they just died.  Your typical root vegetable.

So basically, I have decided to give up on ranked battles after just 85 matches.  As I don't feel like doing anything else to occupy my Warships time I think I should just go work out, get a girlfriend, secure that GPA 5.0, and do whatever else I have always wanted to do.

I would like to extend my thanks to WoWS players who made me realise that ranked battles are not as great as they are made out to be, and to motivate me to pursue more irl goals.  After all, ranked is either the place you git so gud that you can carry a team of 5 vs 7, or a place which simply gives stars to the team which MM blesses with fewer root vegetables (or more unicums).

What did I tell you from the very beginning?

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

So apparently, I heard ranks 11-15 is a playground where you farm flags

Most of the tubers are stuck in rank 10-6, because wargaming feels that it is a great idea to introduce safe ranks (seriously, this is ranked mate).

You have DDs who don't smoke large ships and don't spot
You have BBs who think they are CAs
You have CAs broadsiding Bs
You have Atago thinking they are torpedo DD
You have Bismarck who think they are invincible and then die to regular AP pen and HE
You have all sorts of players who make big rookie mistakes all the time

^All that at ranks 10-6

Why are there even safe ranks?

Edited by xscore

199 posts
18,023 battles
I just play ranked to gain premium time . Coming public test have some rewards. Do public test instead . You will be happier and enjoyed the game. After thought, ( F the bastard SOB . Kill them all, kill , kill..... ) .
Edited by Admiralthomas

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

I wish WG should write this before the rank game starts.....

Warning: This mod is for skilled players, and can cause serious mental illness in some points. 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Recently just got one :hiding:

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Take a break man, stay safe stay sane. No rush with a whole month left to go.

But the thing is the longer you wait, the more "crappy" players get stuck in certain brackets unable to progress. 23-15 is full of them, 15-10 has at least 4 of them each game and 10-6 is starting to feel the onslaught of just stupid players who don't talk or try and communicate. 5-1 is probably still fine. But the longer you wait the more you'll have to contend with these idiots where winning is purely a roll of the dice (because its all up to random chance if these players kill somebody of any importance on the enemy team)

203 posts
11,788 battles

At some point i think Ranked Battles take more sanity than skill :D:D:D

I played about 5 matches in 1st season. Lost all my sanity in an instant lol.

I got those matches stuck in my head to this day keep telling me "No. just no don't even dare look at Ranked battles" as a bonus.

I'm interested in hearing the story of Rank 5-1 though. Does the battle more tactical and more team plays?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I'm interested in hearing the story of Rank 5-1 though. Does the battle more tactical and more team plays?

From my experience is kinda mixed :D:D:D

There a some game that we both team are really good then the match become really competitive and fun match to play lots of communication and coordination, but there also match that is completely one sided and end within first 10min because too many unicum in one side and too much potato on other team

All i can tell is those highly competitive game can only be experience in Rank 5-1 and Team Battle only :P 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

From my experience last season (reached R4), rank 6 and above are full of potatoes, and rank 5 and below have pretty competitive play.  This season is about the same.

Ranked is not worth losing sanity over.  Watching tubers make simple mistakes and throw games is not fun.