Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DFaultPlayR69

US Destroyers' Air Defence ability worth

16 comments in this topic

70 posts
3,170 battles

So I liked using the US DDs a lot. I really like their fast firing guns. but after going through the Farragut, I haven't really payed much attention to the Hull C of the DDs. the one thing i know is that i gives the ship a substantially more effective AA armament and also the Air defense ability, but in exchange, it also removes a gun on the ship.

My question is that if the extra AA and the ability worth for the sacrifice of 1 main gun?

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

So I liked using the US DDs a lot. I really like their fast firing guns. but after going through the Farragut, I haven't really payed much attention to the Hull C of the DDs. the one thing i know is that i gives the ship a substantially more effective AA armament and also the Air defense ability, but in exchange, it also removes a gun on the ship.

My question is that if the extra AA and the ability worth for the sacrifice of 1 main gun?

I would say never.....

One turret firepower is not that small as you think when it comes to DD.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Simple Answer is it depends upon you how you want to play your DD Farragut is a Gun boat so It's main strength is it's guns Sacrifice one gun for AA defence is not a good idea( This is my opinion tho)

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,017 battles

No, but you don't get good AA until Fletcher anyways (which doesn't need to sacrifice guns for AA).

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

not worth it. evading on usn DD is like a walk in a park because they have good ruddershift and turning circle. not to mention there are very few CV around since the last update hit their economy really hard.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Think.

It's the loss of a single turret.

But you can set CV strikes by 2-3 minutes and give them practically no damage because their bombers are panicked.

In exchange, you lose approximately 20% of your DPS.

Either option is good, but the AA configuration makes CV players very salty.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,256 battles

If there were CVs in every game, then yeah, they would be good options, otherwise not really worth it in random or ranked. I understand that they are a must for team battles though.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,865 battles

Basically, it makes you stronger against aerial threats and you won't need to waste smoke, retreated into allies, or get rerouted by the bombers. Obviously not that useful when CV not present, but it can change from blowb up by a crossdrop to CV says some legit "beautiful" words

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,493 battles

IMO

Yes - Sims, Fletcher, Gearing

No - Others

Super Tester
1,310 posts

mahan and below = Nope

sims fletcher gearing = Yes

benson is conditional, tough its pretty usefull sometimes. u can't snowball hard with 4 gun setup tough.

but if u div with CV mates, or there is a lot of CV in queue. taking AA hull+DFAA will worth it

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

I would say, if u div with a CV player, select the AA hull and premium AADF :teethhappy:

otherwise dont sacrifice the turret

shot-16.10.11_02.20.12-0615.jpg

Such horrible exp gain...I request censor on my names.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I would say, if u div with a CV player, select the AA hull and premium AADF :teethhappy:

otherwise dont sacrifice the turret

shot-16.10.11_02.20.12-0615.jpg

I stopped playing Amagi when R3negade is on CV, I just take my NC.

Video Contributor
2,265 posts
10,789 battles

mahan and below = Nope

sims fletcher gearing = Yes

benson is conditional, tough its pretty usefull sometimes. u can't snowball hard with 4 gun setup tough.

but if u div with CV mates, or there is a lot of CV in queue. taking AA hull+DFAA will worth it

for sure Fletcher AA is very good, Fletcher shot my planes lot (10-15 planes)

Sign in to follow this