Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dark_Tenshi

I need your help as DD player.

12 comments in this topic

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

As I'm learning and learning about my playstyle

I found a problem that is hard to fix........

The paradox between dealing enemyships and capping....

When I try to concentrate on capping then I can't do alot of damage.

When I try to damage a lot then I forget the cap and lose...

and the real problem is that I hardly rely on torpedo for my dealing even for soviet destroyer.....

How can I solve this problem?

I paste one of my ordinary game replay to help your understanding.....

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Alright so:

1. You should have confirmed you will get support before you went into the capzone, had the enemy cv being agressive or the enemy DD was there you will get focused by all those ships because your allies are too far behind.
  2. Okay maybe you want to smoke to deal damage to enemies while capping but you left the smoke way too early when you can still utilize it to deal some damage to enemy fleet over there. If all you want is capping, you don't even need to use smoke since not a single ship even that close
  3. You went out from your smoke too early again although in this case it doesn't matter, but yeah just pointing out to use it to the fullest. 
  4. I find out even if you giving up DFAA for Speed Boost, you rarely utilizing it, I saw two opportunity for using them, first when you escaped from A to C, second is when you trying to defend C from A. I understand it is felt like it can be used on other situation but you better regret using it than to regret not using it.
  5. Since you are a US DD, please buy premium smoke as well.

If you are in Russian DD, just focus on dealing damage, don't worry that much about capping since you are bad at doing it anyway. But if you see empty cap point, use your superior speed to get there quickly and went back to the battlezone. 

I hope this helps

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

When I play DD, I look at base exp, when I play BB I look at total damage. There's your solution.

Cap first, always, you can sometimes do good damage but this is not going to happen always, specially with Sims. You excel in cqc with other DDs in cap, first few minutes concentrate on cap, where there is nothing to cap or there are impossible caps, concentrate on damage. For gunboats, torpedoes are for right moments, don't spam them like IJN DDs.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

For example these two are from one of the games I had today.

Ognevoi almost no damage but good exp

Ognevoi bigger damage but lower exp

Technically, as a gunboat, you have to do both, there is no this or that. One thing you can do is, use the "Standard battles" for damage farming exclusively.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

As I'm learning and learning about my playstyle

I found a problem that is hard to fix........

The paradox between dealing enemyships and capping....

When I try to concentrate on capping then I can't do alot of damage.

When I try to damage a lot then I forget the cap and lose...

and the real problem is that I hardly rely on torpedo for my dealing even for soviet destroyer.....

How can I solve this problem?

I paste one of my ordinary game replay to help your understanding.....

When I play DD, I look at base exp, when I play BB I look at total damage. There's your solution.

Cap first, always, you can sometimes do good damage but this is not going to happen always, specially with Sims. You excel in cqc with other DDs in cap, first few minutes concentrate on cap, where there is nothing to cap or there are impossible caps, concentrate on damage. For gunboats, torpedoes are for right moments, don't spam them like IJN DDs.

Okkay , then I will go for a cap 

Thx for your advice

Edited by usa_panther

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Alright so:

1. You should have confirmed you will get support before you went into the capzone, had the enemy cv being agressive or the enemy DD was there you will get focused by all those ships because your allies are too far behind.
  2. Okay maybe you want to smoke to deal damage to enemies while capping but you left the smoke way too early when you can still utilize it to deal some damage to enemy fleet over there. If all you want is capping, you don't even need to use smoke since not a single ship even that close
  3. You went out from your smoke too early again although in this case it doesn't matter, but yeah just pointing out to use it to the fullest. 
  4. I find out even if you giving up DFAA for Speed Boost, you rarely utilizing it, I saw two opportunity for using them, first when you escaped from A to C, second is when you trying to defend C from A. I understand it is felt like it can be used on other situation but you better regret using it than to regret not using it.
  5. Since you are a US DD, please buy premium smoke as well.

If you are in Russian DD, just focus on dealing damage, don't worry that much about capping since you are bad at doing it anyway. But if you see empty cap point, use your superior speed to get there quickly and went back to the battlezone. 

I hope this helps

Thx for your kind and helpful advice

I will write down some important points:honoring:

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

After L2P Now I try to do some rank battle,

And do you guys think I have enough skill to play rank battle? The above one is fubuki 

And this one is Lo yang......

I pasted at original thread because this is kind of same topic........

Edited by usa_panther

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Everyone is eligible to play on ranked. No matter what ship. Even bucky. But wait for akizuki (good for Ranked i think)

But when choosing a ship. Suit its role..

Mistakes is a part of learning. Great job on charging the benson without giving away ur broad.. :izmena:

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Everyone is eligible to play on ranked. No matter what ship. Even bucky. But wait for akizuki (good for Ranked i think)

But when choosing a ship. Suit its role..

Mistakes is a part of learning. Great job on charging the benson without giving away ur broad.. :izmena:

I asked this

because some said don't do a rank battle if bla bla~.

Anyway, thx for your kind answer :)

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Weird, when I clicked on your Fubuki video it redirected me to Lo Yang one. Well I'll comment on your Fubuki one after I find it, for now let's focus on the Lo Yang

You got the basic right by asking team mate and smokiny them, but it seems you don't have Concealment Expert which puts you on disadvantage. 

I understand it is important to do do what your team expected, but when you got perma spotted like that, you should have just ran to B to cap it and went back to A or flank them from B instead of holding there wasting your HP and a smoke charge.

Also at around 10:20 where you torped an Atago, he obviously spot your torp and even if he didn't he obviously gonna head towards the back of the island, you should have open fire sooner could have killed the Atago right there.

Overall it's an okay match and you got the basic, just needed to polish it more and maybe get Concealment Expert.

Edit: Okay I found and watched your bucky match, it's rather... weird. I guess that's what happened when enemy Benson is CE but yours aren't. But I see you don't have CE either, going alone is not a good idea. Also use premium consumables, all of it, in ranked, especially since you run TA instead of SI. Also please use Speed Boost at the beginning of the match to reach the cap faster. 

Now then since you are torpedo spec-ed with TA and TAE, try to learn to pre-emptive torped by torpedoing the place where people would be, because often after you spotted them, it is already too late as they already took evasive manuever or aware to torpedo threat

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I asked this

because some said don't do a rank battle if bla bla~.

Anyway, thx for your kind answer :)

Dem Elitists. If you are confident about your abilities then why not. I don't play ranked cause I do not want to annoy serious people with my shitty plays.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Dem Elitists. If you are confident about your abilities then why not. I don't play ranked cause I do not want to annoy serious people with my shitty plays.

Then I will jump in. :)

I think I can do something for my team....

Sign in to follow this