You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

AT LAST! A KIEV

17 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

At last I got that ANNOYING ship Kiev.

Now I need to upgrade it. I've seen lot of Unicum players describe it as a mini cruiser. It was always a scary ship for me when I sail in a BB or in a DD. And looking at it's incredible 42kts top speed I was right about it, IT IS REALLY SCARY

I wanna know how you played with it. What modules, Upgrades or Captain skills you've used in it when you played it.

I just wanna know HOW TO KIEV

Any advice is welcomed 

Thanks In Advanced

EDIT :- Meh It is just a downgrade to Ognevoi only thing excites you is its guns when you don't have enough health to make a difference what's the use of it??? 3k nerf was really foolish. if it was like 1.5k it was fine But really??? now i have lesser survivability than a t6 DD of the same tree. and there will always be someone who says go spot DD do your job =_= And suddenly this post turned rant FML. But seriously WG's policy if someone leaves game ranting about something then just nerf that ship to death!!

I've read Melo's thread so please don't send links of that thread.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
25 posts
4,377 battles

Kiev was but not that scary anymore since it has even less HP than it's predecessor Ognevoi now.

To play her effectively you act like a cruiser, supporting allied battleships and cruisers. If you want to help DD to cap make sure there are at least allied cruiser nearby. Do NOT solo cap. Yes you have 45+ knots with engine boost but you 9 Km detection range is insanely dangerous for you.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,952 battles

If you don't mind frame terror. This has everything that kiev needs.

1. Kiev has a decent HE, so he can burn every single ships.

If you see sb puts fire out in front of you, punish him

With long - lasting fire. ( look when I fight with Cleveland)

2. You can also put AP shells on broad side CAs and citadel them is possible. (But not at high tier USA CAs except pensacola.

They have decent amour that DD can not pen them easily.

In my video, watch how I kill furutaka.)

Also note that sometimes you can punish BB with AP by hitting their super structure. (See when I attack a New Mexico)

3. Make yourself a hard-to-hit target by using your decent speed. But don't forget the torpedo beats.

4. When you engage DD try to engage at least 7km

Then DD takes hard time hitting you, thus get in to trikky situation.

P.S don't believe the aiming in my video

Because I record the replay. Not the live game

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Welcome to the true stailinium DD. Kiev is a beast. 

I recommend you get the AFT + DE + SE skills asap. Then it'll truly be the mega beast it was before it was nerfed. 

Remember you are a super light cruiser...  Ok,  not a true DD. Your aim is not to contest cap directly,  but to support other DDs and cruisers because you have crap concealment. Stay around yr max range and spam those shells. Be an annoyance. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Flamu's Guide to Kiev gameplay, His commentaries are helpful

It will be help if you give your opinion than a youtuber's video but thanks i watched the video :honoring:

Kiev was but not that scary anymore since it has even less HP than it's predecessor Ognevoi now.

To play her effectively you act like a cruiser, supporting allied battleships and cruisers. If you want to help DD to cap make sure there are at least allied cruiser nearby. Do NOT solo cap. Yes you have 45+ knots with engine boost but you 9 Km detection range is insanely dangerous for you.

Yea Just seen old Notser video and it was like 15k health at that time nerf is really a bad thing now it really feels like a downgrade to Ognevoi in terms of survivability  but yes I'll treat it like a light cruiser thanks for advise :)

If you don't mind frame terror. This has everything that kiev needs.

1. Kiev has a decent HE, so he can burn every single ships.

If you see sb puts fire out in front of you, punish him

With long - lasting fire. ( look when I fight with Cleveland)

2. You can also put AP shells on broad side CAs and citadel them is possible. (But not at high tier USA CAs except pensacola.

They have decent amour that DD can not pen them easily.

In my video, watch how I kill furutaka.)

Also note that sometimes you can punish BB with AP by hitting their super structure. (See when I attack a New Mexico)

3. Make yourself a hard-to-hit target by using your decent speed. But don't forget the torpedo beats.

4. When you engage DD try to engage at least 7km

Then DD takes hard time hitting you, thus get in to trikky situation.

P.S don't believe the aiming in my video

Because I record the replay. Not the live game

Your video was educational thanks :)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

211 posts
9,939 battles

It will be help if you give your opinion than a youtuber's video but thanks i watched the video :honoring:

Think Flamu says it best "Don't stop firing your guns"

Haven't played Kiev in a long time so can't really give Kiev specific tactics

My usual RU DD tactics are,

- Support Capping DD's

(sitting outside the cap/detection range but close enough to provide fire support)

- Focus on helping counter/kill enemy DD's

- Harass BB's that sit bow on or anything else that overextends

- Support weak flanks or retreating friendlies

- Chase down and kill low health targets if possible

In that sort of priority,

Ohh and if you ever get the chance to approach an enemy DD hiding in their smoke screen undetected, just sail close to unleash all those 70+knot torpedo's into it and wait to see what happens :popcorn:

Probably my favorite thing to do in the Kiev lol.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

What do you mean???

before i have USN - Sims, i play using Kiev whenever i need a tier 7 destroyer gunboat.

but after buying Sims, i prefer using sims instead of kiev. the concelment is too much for me. i think kiev will be rusting in my port...

my sims have better concealment...

295 posts
6,853 battles

i have use aft before in my kiev and then reset my captain to get SE, to be honest i get better result with SE than AFT and about a week ago i finally get my second tier 4 captain skill and get DE, and now i can hold entire flank of battleships and make them question their decision  

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I have AFT and DE in ognevoi. Working on next 3 points to SE.

So Hardcore :ohmy: It would take me like 200 games on one ship to get there
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

126 posts
8,363 battles

Simple tactics for you

HE!HE!HE!

Burn down everything you see in your sight...set 4fire on them and rekt them

Rekt any CA showing her broadside under 9km with yr AP

Dont get close to enemy crusiers coz you only got 12800HP

and avoid dogfight with enemy DD

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

kiev is still a beast of a ship. i have no problem preying against cruiser like atlanta and clevland with notorious rainbow arch. also good at dealing battleship in distance or simply gunning down enemy IJN and USN destroyer.

its torpedo are short but deadly. if opportunity comes, one spread is enough to sink tier 7 battleship.