Adm_Kunkka

RANT THREAD ! READ AT OWN RISK!

57 comments in this topic

455 posts
8,038 battles

So, first off, I've played about 350 games and maybe 200 in another account. And I feel I have played enough games to deserve a rant thread :P. I have decent stats( i think, or hope) so please don't reply with "git gud" ( I know a lot of you will).

Here goes:

I play mostly IJN BBs. Mostly because I don't want to ruin my mouse with all the he spamming in cruisers and I just suck with DDs. Trying out CV's but I prolly suck in that too. I got the Fuso now and grinding to a Nagato. In open waters or close combat, its a beast ofc. But the maps aren't open seas. And in just about every game I find myself being HE spammed by a cleveland from behind an island. Given IJN's flat trajectories and USN's high ones, I just can't fire back at it, and watch as it spams a salvo every 8 seconds, setting fire 10 times by the time I can drag my sorry aft from its range. Invisifire DD's is one thing (they don't even do much dmg anyway), but visible cruisers in range but out of reach spamming fire just doesn't seem fair. If I try to pursue it, theres gonna be a DD right next to him ready to sink my already battered ass. And its not like angling helps against HE. You could say "get your team to help", but you know random battles. Once in a while I get revenge for all the salty moments by one shotting a Cleveland from 20 km away, but its not enough. Please nerf USN trajectory or make IJN BB shells go through mountains :izmena:. Never had this problem playing the German BB line (in other account), so its mainly just IJN problem I think.

>ENDOFRANT :angry:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Git gudder.

How do you suggest getting gud against INVISIFIRE??? Stop it with GIT GUD posts and give him some suggestions which would be useful for others who read this post. OP wants to know how to counter that stratergy and yea he is frustrated as every player who played against ATLANTA and CHEATLAND.

And coming to topic meh do the sniping when your team refuses to move forward. Because cleveland and atlanta stay stationary you need to use your spotter and shoot like from +20kms range because IJN shells plunge at that range so if they are stationary and with good accuracy you can hit one or two citadels at because your shells will penetrate their decks instead of their hulls.

There is nothing much you can do about invisifire other than shooting the ships who are actually spotting you.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Just asking can fuso do ASWD Hax???? :hiding:

what? wanna see me do that?:B

anyway

having shells that able to jump over the island also means the longer it takes to land

so you want your Fuso shells to work just like Atlanta and the likes?

good luck and git gud

Edited by Harpoon01

455 posts
8,038 battles

Stop Camping learn ASWD Hax

Soooooo... WASD hack with a 17 s rudder shift ship against an 8 seconds reload 10(?) guns? Teach me master! And no I don't camp with Fuso, its an awesome close combat ship (5-10 km)

455 posts
8,038 battles

what? wanna see me do that?:B

anyway

having shells that able to jump over the island also means the longer it takes to land

so you want your Fuso shells to work just like Atlanta and the likes?

good luck and git gud

Well... IJN do have slower shell speed so that flat trajectory advantage is non existent. Faster shells with higher trajectory would take just as much time I think

753 posts
8,965 battles

BB's can citadel any CA from a distance and destroy it with one shell from a salvo so CA's hide behind islands and HE spam.

CA's can sit behind islands and HE spam BB's to death so BB's sit back and snipe.

Both these scenarios rarely happened IRL yet the game mechanic dictates that this occurs along with the cowardly aspect of this behaviour.

Don't expect much help here from the usual "get good" and "WASD hack" proponents as most are likely exhibiting this behaviour in game as well.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

So you enjoy playing BB's.

IJN BB's are a kind of hybrid BB. Armour is not too good for brawling ranges, but it's flat trajectory guns do well at medium to long range.

If you are playing well in German BB's, I'd suggest you stick with them. USN BB's are great brawlers, so if you enjoy 5-10km engagements, definitely give them a go.

I only play BB's (in PvE mode) and enjoy both IJN and USN branches.

For your sanity's sake, maybe practice in PvE mode with your Fuso until you can blow pesky Clevelands out of the water with impunity.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Soooooo... WASD hack with a 17 s rudder shift ship against an 8 seconds reload 10(?) guns? Teach me master! And no I don't camp with Fuso, its an awesome close combat ship (5-10 km)

most of top tier player can do WASD hack even with izumo/yamato that has what? 23s rudder shift, even when against something that has railgun like armanent such vodka/firebenderzao

u as a BB has something thats called "Spotter Plane"

those thing is NOT for extending ur firing range (yes it does, but its not usefull if u use it for that)

use it to get the right lead spot when enemy is hiding from ur line of vision.

oh crap i leaked the top sikrit guide >.>

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

So, first off, I've played about 350 games and maybe 200 in another account. And I feel I have played enough games to deserve a rant thread :P. I have decent stats( i think, or hope) so please don't reply with "git gud" ( I know a lot of you will).

Here goes:

I play mostly IJN BBs. Mostly because I don't want to ruin my mouse with all the he spamming in cruisers and I just suck with DDs. Trying out CV's but I prolly suck in that too. I got the Fuso now and grinding to a Nagato. In open waters or close combat, its a beast ofc. But the maps aren't open seas. And in just about every game I find myself being HE spammed by a cleveland from behind an island. Given IJN's flat trajectories and USN's high ones, I just can't fire back at it, and watch as it spams a salvo every 8 seconds, setting fire 10 times by the time I can drag my sorry aft from its range. Invisifire DD's is one thing (they don't even do much dmg anyway), but visible cruisers in range but out of reach spamming fire just doesn't seem fair. If I try to pursue it, theres gonna be a DD right next to him ready to sink my already battered ass. And its not like angling helps against HE. You could say "get your team to help", but you know random battles. Once in a while I get revenge for all the salty moments by one shotting a Cleveland from 20 km away, but its not enough. Please nerf USN trajectory or make IJN BB shells go through mountains :izmena:. Never had this problem playing the German BB line (in other account), so its mainly just IJN problem I think.

>ENDOFRANT :angry:

you wanna nerf us arc? :P well planed :P 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

you wanna nerf us arc? :P well planed :P 

that arc on cheatland actually a nerf it self.

higher arc enable her to shoot beyond island

but. higher arc also means longer shell flight time. and yeah. cleveland shell is taking long time to reach its target.

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

that arc on cheatland actually a nerf it self.

higher arc enable her to shoot beyond island

but. higher arc also means longer shell flight time. and yeah. cleveland shell is taking long time to reach its target.

i know that, thats why i said that. as i played cheatland(as you say xP) its hard to shoot stuff at long distance. only viable target for her is bbs, cause it cant shoot cas past 12km. though, from pepsicola, i prefer shooting cas more cause of the high penetrating angel of pepsicola. 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

i know that, thats why i said that. as i played cheatland(as you say xP) its hard to shoot stuff at long distance. only viable target for her is bbs, cause it cant shoot cas past 12km. though, from pepsicola, i prefer shooting cas more cause of the high penetrating angel of pepsicola. 

cheatland AP speed is respectable tough.

but yeah. AP at long range is really a hit or a miss.

220 posts
3,420 battles

So, first off, I've played about 350 games and maybe 200 in another account. And I feel I have played enough games to deserve a rant thread

Honestly Adm I didn't even start to "get good" till 2500 battles, even then I've only learnt a few tricks to survive

There is a lot to this we game and still at 3200 battles I don't even think I'm close to deserving a Rant :)

I can tell you at 500 battles I thought yeh I was starting to get good (I wasn't) and still am not, I suppose it comes down to ones own expectation of what Good is, my bar is very low.

I'm sorry I'm of no real time help.

[WOWMY]
185 posts
2,302 battles

Dear OP,

Coming from German BB line up until Bismarck, i would have to agree on you on this basis of USN CA can invi-fire us as a BB Captain. General strategy that i would use is to make full use of flags, modules and Captain skills. I know that this sort of advice is too general and probably you already read it multiple times but trust me, it does pays very well.

You need to sharpened your skills on the timing, when exactly to use Repair Party efficiently and close the gap between you and enemy USN CA. Trust me, no CA would hold their anchor long enough when they are being detected by a BB closing in fast and can really citadel them. Of course you will need to anticipate their next move and probably by doing that, the chances of scoring a citadel hit with a kill is very high should you aim properly.

Due to current game meta, i have to say, it's a good thing for me as a German BB line Captain since the game itself is encouraging aggressive gameplay . I would suggest to my esteemed IJN BB Captain to adapt more aggressive gameplay and probably adapt with some of the advice in here. Not sure if already know this but generally i would use the QEWS key to my advantage and the utmost important thing is Situational Awareness. No i'm not referring to Captain skill, but more towards the minimap itself.

Should the tides of the battle is not in your favor, i'd suggest turn back and try your best to save HP (timing on Heal) and Repair Party too. Rejoin your fleet/teammates and consider another strategy .

To sum it up:

• Close the gap
  • Timing on your Repair Party
  • Flags/Modules/Captain Skill
  • Situational Awareness of minimap

Regards

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Both these scenarios rarely happened IRL yet the game mechanic dictates that this occurs along with the cowardly aspect of this behaviour.

Don't expect much help here from the usual "get good" and "WASD hack" proponents as most are likely exhibiting this behaviour in game as well.

I do?

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

cheatland AP speed is respectable tough.

but yeah. AP at long range is really a hit or a miss.

but doesnt have enough penetration to penetrate anything, so solely rely on it, i was super noob back then, i only learn to use ap at the very end of my cheatland life. so, imo, she only relies on he spamming cause of current matchmaking, so many bbs or so many dds.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Well, no BB can do WASD hack like DDs, but when you are in BB, you also need to keep an constant eye one who can shoot you from what angle and their reload time as well. You have to combine WASD hack with their main battery and torpedo cool down. Also, when you are in battleship, doesn't mean you have to yolo to make you present like you are doing something heroic. There are proper times for pushing and proper times for retreating. One thing I might add here, when you push a flank, plan an escape route before hand. For example, a piece of rock that you can use to turn away instead of turning away in the open. And I disagree with you on one part, fuso is not a good close quarter ship vs other T6 battleships, they will reck Fuso so hard it is not even funny. Fuso is kinda the weakest T6 BB. I forgot to keep a screenshot, but I almost deleted a full HP fuso with 1 Dunkerque salvo. He survived with like 3K hp. Very weak armor. And good luck even try to brawl with New Mex, Arizona, Bayern etc.