You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THAI_THIEF

0.5.13 Container!

105 comments in this topic

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,043 battles

Containers

Daily missions are going to be replaced with a more sophisticated and interactive system of Containers, which delivers more value to the players. Every player will now receive up to three containers daily, each filled with very different contents, from credits to rare premium ships. Containers drop in the event that a player earns a certain amount of XP (considering all possible modifiers).

• EXP that can be used to open containers is added separately and in the same amount as ship EXP - this way, the player does not lose anything.
  • At the end of a 24-hour period, containers will be delivered to a player (if the player has not taken them manually), EXP counters will reset, and EXP starts accumulating again from the beginning of the next 24-hours.
  • There are five types of containers available:
    • Standard:
      • More credits (three ordinary rewards inside; one of these rewards will be credits; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
      • More signal flags and camouflages (three ordinary rewards inside; one of these rewards will be Signal Flags or Consumables; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
      • More consumables (three ordinary rewards inside; one of these rewards will be a set of  Damage Control Party II consumables; standard chance of receiving an epic container);
      • Try your luck (one ordinary reward inside; increased chance of receiving an epic container).
    • Epic container (cannot be selected; can be received by selecting a standard container; epic container has an epic reward inside).

The most valuable rewards will naturally be the rarest. Players can earn containers by simply playing the way they like and earning EXP. They can receive up to 3 containers per 24-hours. Preliminary calculations indicate that with Containers implementation users' economic balance significantly increases in terms of earned credits, camouflages and consumables. Don’t forget, by opening containers, you can win receive epic rewards such as several thousand doubloons or rare premium ships. This makes them way more beneficial than Daily Missions.

Bowah ....... ket me have it

Edited by THAI_THIEF

68 posts
3,836 battles

Premium ships are obtainable through containers? Neat! need more port slots rewards for ships, reserve slot rewards for captain, flags reward....maybe yea. But the only thing is to see how they implemented. I don't want duplicate premium ships because it will turn into credits automatically.

Edited by LightDarkMaster

753 posts
8,965 battles

Don't get your hopes up yet everybody, 3 containers available per day yet it doesn't state how much you have to play/earn to get 3 and my guess is it's quite a bit.

Rare content will be undoubtedly very rare.

This reminds me of the slot machine type of gamble thingy that WT implemented and trust me you didn't get much, in fact it was less than the old system.

Just playing the devil's advocate here.

Edited by Trojan63

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Don't get your hopes up yet everybody, 3 containers available per day yet it doesn't state how much you have to play/earn to get 3 and my guess is is quite a bit.

This reminds me of the slot machine type of gamble thingy that WT implemented and trust me you didn't get much, in fact it was less than the old system.

This is an MMO.

Just having the possibility is enough to fuel a hype that would increase player activity. This isn't an RPG, but there's still bragging rights to owning something exquisitely rare.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Rare.

As in, unavailable in the shop.

Actually... This is a probable method of acquiring the unbalanced Gremlin and Emperor Nikolai.

Plot twist: I got a Diana/Smith. *cries in the corner*

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Don't get your hopes up yet everybody, 3 containers available per day yet it doesn't state how much you have to play/earn to get 3 and my guess is it's quite a bit.

Its 37k exp/day to get all three, 12.5k to get two, and 2k to get just one. I'd say its a pretty generous system, considering how much people spend their time to play everyday. Die hards even managed to grind 110k base exp in 3 days just to get an Atago clone. And looking at the preview, 1 crate had the same reward value as 3 daily missions combined.

Yes it pushes people to play more but isn't that the point? You don't lose anything, you don't even need money to open those crates *cough* CSGO *cough*

And also, it doesn't seem to mention that rare rewards are limited. So everyone have a chance to win. Good, healthy incentives to make people play more.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Knives are rare in CS:GO, yet that does not stop people from buying cases and keys. Moral of the story is, even if the item is REALLY rare people would still do anything for a chance to get it, and for this "container" you dont need to blow some bucks. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

1. Its 37k exp/day to get all three, 12.5k to get two, and 2k to get just one. I'd say its a pretty generous system, considering how much people spend their time to play everyday. Die hards even managed to grind 110k base exp in 3 days just to get an Atago clone. 2. And looking at the preview, 1 crate had the same reward value as 3 daily missions combined.

3. Yes it pushes people to play more but isn't that the point? You don't lose anything, you don't even need money to open those crates *cough* CSGO *cough*

And also, it doesn't seem to mention that rare rewards are limited. So everyone have a chance to win. Good, healthy incentives to make people play more.

1. Well only die hards will get 3 per day.

2. If this is the case then that's fine.

3. WG should concentrate on getting more people to play, not to play more.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

OH YES THIS IS GOOD.

On the other hand, those ship/ doubloon prizes are probably rarer than a kraken solo warrior battle (subject to RNG). But it's a welcome introduction tho

1,832 posts
8,065 battles

I guess if they gonna make PVE Historical Battle they gonna use epic container as a bait.

It's already said that they will advance PvE more further with more rewards

Sub Octa said that a week ago

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

chance of getting the rare prem ship container...........

1:1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

:honoring: