You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lapstrake

Matchmaking is BROKEN

36 comments in this topic

17 posts

Dear WoW,

You are making the game NOT FUN - and I spend money and time in the game to have fun. But with the matching of late - it is becoming stupid. I am so sick of being in T8 BB and having mostly T10 BB DD and some cruiser that shoot as far as me and reload quicker and burn me to death before I can even get close enough to make a difference. Also what is with the bad teams I am on more loosing teams because people will just not work together they bring in their long range BB's and sit back and try snipe or just not engage at all - or start to move in and then turn back when the heat comes on instead of working as a TEAM and moving with some objective... It seems I am on the BAD team most of my time at least 5 to 1.. 

Well rant over for now.

Cheers

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the MM is not broken at all

the broken 1 is the player and those player performance

if u got bottom tiered

there is also ppl that got bottom tiered in ur opponent team

17 posts

Ok, sounds fair, but BB they slow to move/turn/slow/speed near islands.

Just so frustrated being on the loosing team so many times, does not matter play safe - play aggressive - try to join other people they don't want to help with caps and just run once the firing starts... :)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you are not trying hard enough then

my bayern ultimately often brought to tier 8 battle, just to cripple the enemies and then running while spamming HE

17 posts

well I'll have to try harder then.... Its difficult to stand and fight on your own with two-three ships when your team decide to run, you end up dying very quickly. I do understand what you are saying - and yes the bayern is quite a potent ship for tier, and I have stood my ground with her.

Cheers

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Plz tell me you didn't just buy a premium and then complain it's UP

He just bought 2 T8s Tirpitz and Kutuzov you were right lel :trollface: and with his experience less than 250 battles in random i think he is not even ready for t7 battles let alone t10 battles.

My comment on the topic is YOU MUST GET MORE EXPERIENCE TO PLAY IN T10 BATTLES(because MM will make you play with T10 players) OR YOU GONNA MAKE LOT OF PLAYERS SALTY.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,218 battles

He just bought 2 T8s Tirpitz and Kutuzov you were right lel :trollface: and with his experience less than 250 battles in random i think he is not even ready for t7 battles let alone t10 battles.

My comment on the topic is YOU MUST GET MORE EXPERIENCE TO PLAY IN T10 BATTLES(because MM will make you play with T10 players) OR YOU GONNA MAKE LOT OF PLAYERS SALTY.

Exactly. You should have played on low tiers more for you to improve and bought the Tirpitz and Kutuzov later on. Playing on high tiers when you don't have that much experience is hell. That is why you are having a hard time. Go play some low tier ships and you should have an easier time playing high tier games.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

ah yes, after checking your stats, i'm not even want to have you being top tier in my team

Savage.

But those wise words: "git gud"

Forum members are more than willing to give advice if you ask nicely instead of blatantly claim MM is screwed.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Be nice guys,

The games is very unforgiving at the higher tiers and it's one thing WG doesn't really advertise to new players that to play at higher tiers you need to have a reasonable amount of experience to enjoy it. Frankly they shouldn't let you buy a tier 8 unless you've ground at least 1 line to tier 7. Lets face it a new player vs tier X is just a recipe for disaster and would leave a sour impression in the new players mind about the game.

To give you an indication Lapstrake I just got my first tier 8 ship after 750 games, but I am comfortable taking on tier 9 ships in my tier 7 and see no real issue with me taking on tier X's in my tier 8. Just take your time, learn the basics and as you get more comfortable/confident you'll find better success with them.

Good luck.

127 posts
6,502 battles

Savage.

But those wise words: "git gud"

Forum members are more than willing to give advice if you ask nicely instead of blatantly claim MM is screwed.

yea, he's probably bad but MM is [content removed].

How is someone who's bad supposed to get good if they're constantly getting uptiered?

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

How is someone who's bad supposed to get good if they're constantly getting uptiered

Well if he is top tiered in your team with his T8 premium and plays like a potato gets himself killed in 5mins into the match what will you do then?? :trollface:

32 posts
624 battles

And you're not a moderator either so stop trolling because you're not his old sister.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Play more, and gain experience. I reckon it will take some 200 battles to get good in a ship, so take your time. Rome was not built in a day.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

ah yes, after checking your stats, i'm not even want to have you being top tier in my team

Such a severe burn, it makes Zao weeps for cover.

And you're not a moderator either so stop trolling because you're not his old sister.

???

How is that sentence considered trolling?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

How is someone who's bad supposed to get good if they're constantly getting uptiered?

By actually trying to learn the game. Being uptiered is actually a good way to learn how to deal with players who are better than you. You'd improve faster by fighting in harsh environment than the mild one. So by the time he got into a match where he is upper tier, he can tear up those poor lower tiers.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

671 posts
1,508 battles

Hey now don't swear, and to git gud start playing out the lower tiers, get a good feeling of the game and playstyle before buying T8 premiums.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

72 posts
2,544 battles

So if getting uptiered stops one from learning, that means they can only start learning by reaching tier X?

I suppose that made a lot of sense on why we have so many potatoes up there.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

oh 

so i heard that Laps is buying tirpitz/kutuzov?

tier 8 ship can be used to have fun.

and u can have fun on them.

only IF,

1. u can actually play well in tier 8 ship despite of being bottom tiered

2. u can carry well when in top tier

3. even more fun when u can carry the hell out of the game even when u got into tier 10 match

can u do that?

tier 8. those tier is NOT fun tier

its tier for exp/credit hunting (if u have T8 prem),

u will have to TRY HARD in tier 8 ship most of time(even when u are top tiered, since u have to carry).

if u want to have fun

save some of tier 5 ship that u liked/play well.

and use it to have fun

if u want pre ship, there is something like murmanks or kamikaze brothers

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

I also did the same as you did OP. Bought Kutuzov and went straight to T8. I didn't do really bad tho, just couldn't win at all. Cause I didn't know many things back then. Being bottom tier is not much of a problem cause there are same tier as yours in the enemy team as well. Broken MM or not, you gotta learn to improvise and use the situation at hand to do the right thing.

The only problem MM has right now in my opinion is the team composition balance. For example, still we are getting games with one team full of gun boats and the others full of useless torpedo boats. Or, getting "Tears of the desert" map 4-5 games in a row. Uptiering is not much of a problem compared to imbalanced selection of ships.

Just keep this in mind, the enemy team also has same tier ships as you do. I mostly play in division and usually got up tiered more than usual, and our div carries the team or makes the major contribution most of the time. These are some of the good matches from last few days where we got uptiered and still came out being top.