You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

How do you guys play each class?

37 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

Curses gravity you win again...

I play each class poorly :) I keep being reminded of Zap up there with the "oh god your killing me, ha ha.... OH GOD YOUR KILLING ME!!!" 

414 posts
9,257 battles

I play mostly cruisers (by the numbers count), play it stealthy and try to spam HE with IJN CAs and spam AP with USN CAs

But now DDs (gunboats) and USN BBs are my main.

I usually play gunboats either aggressively or stealthy, and spam fires to everyone (Sims capn has Demo Expert), and farm citadels to broadsiding cruisers <6km range. I also have AA-build North Carl, well, you know what it's purpose. Just don't expose broadside too much and LCTRL+Click to enemy planes in your AA range :P

783 posts
4,821 battles

DD:

Rush to the capture point. Regardless of nation, I try to see first what I'm up against and when facing a DD at cap, try to trade a few shots (even when IJN). Non-RU DDs give me a bit of luxury to shoot at just the moment of being detected. Depending on the engagement will I choose to disengage and kite or to push aggressively and corner the enemy DD to using smoke. If under heavy cruiser support by the enemy, I pop my own smoke and make my getaway.

CL/CA:

Second line following the DD by around 3-5km usually. Depending on how the ally DD reacts is also how I'll support. Suppressing fire when the ally tries to disengage(I try to as well) or focusing on a target if the ally decides to pursue. But usually just focus on the enemy counterpart DD my ally faces. In the event of facing a weak flank, push forward hard while angled to a BB when there is one. Against a strong flank, disengage while kiting at close to max range until an opportunity for duels or isolations occur(usually via islands or enemy fleet movement).

BB:

Max Speed towards a contested area asap to get a good shot on Cruisers and BBs. Angling towards devastating AP shooters while trying to eliminate vulnerable HE spammers. I try to rally my allies either beside or behind me to shoot while I have their attention. Of course this comes with the fact that one has to be wary of DDs that may launch torps. But with constant angling against multiple opponents, it usually is enough already to throw off torps that are fired from stealth. Against a strong enemy flank, shake my aft towards them as I try to get chances to launch my full broadside occasionally. Mostly kiting when in the weak flank.

CV:

HAMMER EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! :izmena:

On a more serious note, I just try to kill both vulnerable and important targets as best I can while moving my CV with the fleet.

403 posts
8,185 battles

IJN DD:

Depends on tier. At tier 4-5 its kill everything. At tier 7-8 it's more cautious. At tier 9 it's "wait... stealth Kagero detected? No ship within 6km of me? No radar/hydro within 11km of me? GAA STEALTH FLETCHER SPOTTED! *turns rudder, pops smoke, but not before losing 10k health, burning, rudder and engine dead in 15s* "

IJN CA and RU DD:

Spam HE

Kriegsmarine Everything and IJN BBs:

Spam AP

USN Carriers and DDs:

Never again

783 posts
4,821 battles

Yea BANZAI at a CLEVELAND :trollface:

to be fair, Clevelands are quite fair game to be bombed as long as you drop on them while distracted. (or if they activate DFAA too late)

68 posts
3,836 battles

Destroyers are used to scouting enemies, get in front lines quick, cap and defend points, giving soup rices of torp setting up temp covers for urself and allies(smoke). I use mostly mahan and mine for these and done a good job for it

Cruisers are used for general combat. HE in long range, AP for short. Torp if possible, support dd by chasing away spotted enemy DDs, support BBs by rain hell to others while the big guns are reloading, support CVs by provide AA cover if close enough and prevent dd going yolo to it. 

Battleships are snipers, rain AP to CAs and BBs and HE to DDs and CVs. Wielding the shield of courage to boat allies morale to sail forward and defend them when allies retreating. CQC expert against all except those with torps.

Aircraft Carrier are used to provide additional AA cover from behind allies (behind BBs). Planes are used to scout enemy position (smoked enemy DDs is a must), assault both enemy ships and planes.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

For me there is no hard and fast rules. I just try to adapt with the situation (and fail most of the time). Regardless of class. I kinda know the strength and weakness of each ships, and try to utilize / exploit that.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack…" 
Admiral Stepan O. Makarov (1849-1904)

Pretty much sums up how I play all the classes, most of the time....