You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

German BB's secondary guns.

29 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

These German BB's secondary guns are badass. Currently, I chosen AA mods for my German BB. Considering changing it to secondary guns mods. Any advice ? Is it worthwhile since gonna cost me doubloons.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Well, if you like close range battle, I'm talking about really really close sub 10km, yes, manual secondary is awesome. But just aft and the secondary range upgrade should do fine, so you can also take manual aa.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

you are better off having good AA cos you are a large target. even if the accuracy is bad if your enemy closes in the volume of fire should grant a very decent amount of hits anyways

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Why is WOWS forcing players to choose just when it is fun ? Hydro or AA ? Secondary guns or AA ? Can WOWS give us both options so players can enjoy the game .

I wanna be able to buy multiple copies of the same ship so I can have different builds. Say I make an Iowa for manoeuvrability in combat, one for pure DPM and another for AA build

Super Tester
1,310 posts

mod?

do u mean module upgrade (the 1 that cost 500k credits to buy?)

if yes

u dont need doubloon to change it

how?

1. go to module tab

2. choose upgrade tab 

3. choose the module that u want to remove/change

4. click the (x)

5. in the new pop up, click little arrow beside text that said "demount"

6. in the drop down list. choose sell

7. Done. u will get refund for 1/2 amount of credit that u used to bought it (500k module will sold for 250k)

Edited by ReNation

199 posts
18,023 battles

mod?

do u mean module upgrade (the 1 that cost 500k credits to buy?)

if yes

u dont need doubloon to change it

how?

1. go to module tab

2. choose upgrade tab 

3. choose the module that u want to remove/change

4. click the (x)

5. in the new pop up, click little arrow beside text that said "demount"

6. in the drop down list. choose sell

7. Done. u will get refund for 1/2 amount of credit that u used to bought it (500k module will sold for 250k)

​I need to use doubloons for captain xp customization for secondary guns. Maximum secondary guns mods. (Wishing WOWS would combine manual fire control with secondary batteries range. Please......., WOWS, throw us some  scraps. ).

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

I wanna be able to buy multiple copies of the same ship so I can have different builds. Say I make an Iowa for manoeuvrability in combat, one for pure DPM and another for AA build

Thats a good idea,I will have to remember it for the next email survey they do.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

just remember, when you rely too much on secondaries, you won't be much potent against other battleship at range

671 posts
1,508 battles

If a ship can have very good AA and very good secondaries it would be a little bit powerful. It has to only have one thing. A ship can have both, if they were both mediocre.

199 posts
18,023 battles

Considering current games have less CV's players, I am going for the secondary guns mod. Anyone meeting me in the game, I will get up close to your USN or IJN BB. Hehheheheheh. Enjoy the game.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Why is WOWS forcing players to choose just when it is fun ? Hydro or AA ? Secondary guns or AA ? Can WOWS give us both options so players can enjoy the game .

You know.

Balance.

Because the world doesn't revolve around what someone wants.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Eh, no point for AA, just get the secondary guns mod and skill and use premium repair. You can just sell the modules instead of demounting. Use some credits, save the doubloons.

Edit: spelling

Edited by pwnies5600

199 posts
18,023 battles

Been playing with maximum secondary guns mod . The effect is not what I expected . Hit rates are very high but fires started only 1 or 2 . Easily pounded stupid DD trying to get close .

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
408 posts
15,035 battles

just remember, when you rely too much on secondaries, you won't be much potent against other battleship at range

But... German BB's are shite at range anyway.

My two cents: Go with a flat out secondary build when you have a 15 or 16 point captain so you can have the Manual Secondaries skill. The Scharnhorst reaches out to 7.6km's and the Bismarck to just over 10km's and it's hilarious. If you haven't got the 15 point captain, go with manual AA and brawl at more reasonable ranges.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

But... German BB's are shite at range anyway.

My two cents: Go with a flat out secondary build when you have a 15 or 16 point captain so you can have the Manual Secondaries skill. The Scharnhorst reaches out to 7.6km's and the Bismarck to just over 10km's and it's hilarious. If you haven't got the 15 point captain, go with manual AA and brawl at more reasonable ranges.

it suffer quite much at tier 10 battle, the enemy tend to stay away above 10 km, while most Gunboat try invis firing or firing at max range which the secondaries can barely hit
Edited by Harpoon01

231 posts
3,548 battles

i have T7-10 , and my german BBs are all set up for secondary perks , and they are by far the ultimate , namely scharnorst and Gneis , they are the ships you head straight into Colorados , nagatos izuhmos dishing out main volleys and secondaries , then turning mid way 7-6klm and torping  one side , then wait for the enemy to turn into you and give them another volleys of torps 

199 posts
18,023 battles

i have T7-10 , and my german BBs are all set up for secondary perks , and they are by far the ultimate , namely scharnorst and Gneis , they are the ships you head straight into Colorados , nagatos izuhmos dishing out main volleys and secondaries , then turning mid way 7-6klm and torping  one side , then wait for the enemy to turn into you and give them another volleys of torps 

​You just announced our BB's secret weapon. Now they will all runaway from us. Imagine chasing enemy BB at 25 knots. Hahahhahah.

231 posts
3,548 battles

​You just announced our BB's secret weapon. Now they will all runaway from us. Imagine chasing enemy BB at 25 knots. Hahahhahah.

i encountered a bloke last night , i led him out into open water , waited for him to follow me ,watching his comments about how great of a brawler the Bayern was , got him singled out away from everyone else , and turned round and full steam ahead  towards him  

did the exact same move  in and out sending off torps , and sunk him , it always amuses me how people think because the scharnorst and Gneis have 3 turrets they are inferior to the conventional BB hahaha

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

i encountered a bloke last night , i led him out into open water , waited for him to follow me ,watching his comments about how great of a brawler the Bayern was , got him singled out away from everyone else , and turned round and full steam ahead  towards him  

did the exact same move  in and out sending off torps , and sunk him , it always amuses me how people think because the scharnorst and Gneis have 3 turrets they are inferior to the conventional BB hahaha

Hmmmm isn't the Bayern a T6? - with the slow rotating turrets

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Scharnhorst is inferior vs other BBs, but Gneisenau at close range is kinda deadly. At longer range, 0 shit given about German BBs if it is below T8, cause they are not that good. That's why you see most of them spam HE at long range.