You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

Fuso

46 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,007 battles

(***This is an old thread I revive now and then for... reasons. The message below is outdated. Check new posts if you care I guess?) :Smile-_tongue:

I just researched the Fuso. I've heard a lot of things about this ship and it seems like a good one once fully upgraded, but first...

What should the 4 point skill for a Fuso commander be if this commander will not be moving further up the line? (And what if he is?)

and

Is Fuso's A hull really bad enough to warrant skipping?

Edited by InterconKW

496 posts
4,165 battles

:V really nothing suit her because her anti air isnt great so you shouldn't bother,

i will suggest secondary or HP

^ AFT / Survival expert( + 2800hp)

Fuso shine only at hull C

hull A and B is abit bad because you don't have range iirc hull A range is like 13km :V 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

AFT to increase her already decent AA and secondaries.

And yes, I would advice to free exp the cake out of anything past tier IV. :x

Edited by Retia

496 posts
4,165 battles

overall i find Fuso a fun ship to play well 6 x 2 guns are great

alot of people complaint about her dispersion like the myogi

but if you arent open for dispersion you might not want to even touch BB , just saying

but anyways back to topic,

she have great armor but her mobility isnt the best but still better than the new mexico, dunkerque won't really be a problem unless you aren't angled

for the german BB i have no comments i don't really notice it that much feels much like another new mexico so lel

341 posts
4,007 battles

Well, played 1 game in the A Hull and decided to skip it. Got to the B hull and the ship is probably the most fun battleship I've ever played. Broke the 100000 damage barrier in like my 10th game. Good armour when angled beyond 45 degrees and so... many... GUNS!

Looks like a keeper!

[TOGN]
12 posts
3,978 battles

Fuso is ok

But watch out for Arizona !

In mine I will citadel Fuso more than any other ship , typically I get2 cits on a Fuso then I ask for some cruiser to finish it

But I did like Fuso am playing the heck out of Amagi and Bismarck now they're fun ships , specially watching a DD spot you and run from your secondaries hehehehehe

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,301 battles

With the introduction of German BB's, Fuso is thrown into the mix of uncertainty (Bayern, Scharn, Gnei, Arizona, Bismarck) if faced between T7s and 8s. But if u have a MM where it consists of only 5s and 6s, Fuso is a beast. (Open to discussion as I do know certain guys who hated it)

A hull is an absolute nightmare and glad you've skipped it, her 12 guns packs a punch if aimed properly. However as mentioned, dispersion are bad if attempted to shoot at far range (17-ish KM and beyond). More over, you will have to get used of constantly getting spotted as her concealment is absolutely rubbish (you are spotted literally from the moon, u can be even spotted in less than 15 seconds after game starts if there are no island covers). Her rudder shift is pretty bad as well (15 seconds with steering module), so u have to plan ahead on where will ur position be as u dun want to be caught wif pants down (lurking DD's that stealth torp will deal nasty damage, so keep an eye on the minimap). Last but not least, she's very prone to HE shells damage, as mentioned; positioning is important. 

For 4th captain skill, there is only one skill you can take which is AFT as the rest is pure trash. (Open to discussion as well)

(P.S - If you love the Fuso, u will definately love the Amagi due to potential raw damage) :hiding:

Gud luck with your Fuso grind :honoring:

Edited by AkaNoPoi

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Fuso is extremely resistant to HE fire. The hardest BB to set fire on up to T8 in my opinion because of how little super structure she has. Fuso is also a great CA killer. Yes dispersion sucks, but with so many shells, nothing can possibly go wrong. However, I would say this is the worst T6 BB right now. The premiums are undoubtedly better, Bayern will absolutely murder Fuso in cqc. The only comparable ship is New Mex, again, versus a good New Mex player, Fuso is shit anyway. This is from my own experience, and the server stats also shows the same.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Fuso seems to bounce most shells up to T7 when angled right, but the bow and stern are a bit squishy if angled too far. It also doesn't need to show a perfect broadside for all 6 turrets to fire, so I can swing in and out and kite-it-like-a-cruiser. I love the sheer volume of shells, and I 26k damage salvoed a bow on Kongo earlier. The accuracy and maneuverability aren't as bad as I thought. As a more or less average player I think it is a great ship. 

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

You should get the B hull asap, at around 9km even the Pensacola can citadel you (I have no idea whether is it through the deck or the belt armor but it can), so you should probably free xp it. I would say AFT is the most useful 4pt skill, the rest are kind of meh.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

I believe you :P

What if I show you even bigger numbers in my New Mexico? You having good games in a ship makes you a good player, not necessarily the ship herself. Fuso is not as good as the other T6 Battleships.
Edited by icy_phoenix

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

when i sail bayern i love charging at fuso..so much fun doing big damage on them lol

to me nothing outstanding about fuso..it got alot guns but kinda boring sailing this..all the time just sniping because cant fight well in cqc situation..i have good games in it but i dont like it 

also it's so ugly looks like a bloody dildo stick on a floor

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Yeah, lol. You're gonna trigger a lot of fans though. Lets say, Fuso looks like a cloth iron on the floor. 

The main problem with Fuso in cqc is Fuso is Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig and say for example, New Mex at close range will out maneuver Fuso so bad, it is not even funny. Fuso forces the players to be long range snipers with 12 guns, faster reload and dat awfully long range....

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

Yeah, lol. You're gonna trigger a lot of fans though. Lets say, Fuso looks like a cloth iron on the floor. 

The main problem with Fuso in cqc is Fuso is Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig and say for example, New Mex at close range will out maneuver Fuso so bad, it is not even funny. Fuso forces the players to be long range snipers with 12 guns, faster reload and dat awfully long range....

there is fans for fuso? lol

when i started playing i read how awesome ijn bb are from kongo up, when i actually play it i wonder why the praise for it..i guess my playstyle never works on ijn bb

even nagato i don't play anymore after introduction of german bb

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

there is fans for fuso? lol

when i started playing i read how awesome ijn bb are from kongo up, when i actually play it i wonder why the praise for it..i guess my playstyle never works on ijn bb

even nagato i don't play anymore after introduction of german bb

But I can tell this, Amagi is actually awesome. And I even dare to say, best T8 BB. Well all the T8 BBs are extremely good.

However, on topic, OP, play first half of the game a bit defensively, and the second half of the game aggressively. Don't be one of those who start reversing on Fuso right from the start cause they think they spawn too ahead.

341 posts
4,007 battles

I've been playing the Fuso semi-aggressively for the whole time, normally supporting destroyers, the front line and objectives. I've never been an exceptionally good player (Check out my other battleship statistics) so I found it pleasantly surprising when I could use Fuso in this role, I've been able to come off more or less equal with Tier 7 battleships solo and even take on Tier 8s if my team is working together on them, and I don't struggle at all against Tier 6 battleships (The bow, stern, upper belt or superstructure of New Mexico or Bayern seem to eat 10k salvoes now and then, and other Fusos eat citadels for half their HP). The sheer volume of shells can wreck a destroyer and a cruiser quite easily too. Angling is important and I take a few nasty hits now and then if I'm not paying attention, but I feel fairly confident about using the main belt armour to my advantage. I've never felt as confident with other BBs (Maybe I'm just lucky or my playstyle fits this ship) and that is why I really like Fuso.

Sorry for sounding a bit rude earlier if I did. I wasn't exactly serious.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Well, Fuso is a good ship. But the usual Fuso players are not. Fuso gets detected from far which is a problem against good players. Also, Fuso armor doesnt help against tier 8 battleship. So better not play too aggressively. I checked your Fuso stats. You need a bit more practice.

Edited by icy_phoenix

341 posts
4,007 battles

Well, the weekend came and I suddenly began doing terrible on teams with people who did even more terrible than me (How does one even get 1 exp...) so it looks like that learning is gonna happen next week. Bye for now...

8x1dtPZ.png

(What a time to be afloat... :hiding:)

341 posts
4,007 battles

Bumping an old thread a bit, but after being forced away from my beloved pixel boats for a month, where I have forgotten almost everything and everything else disappoints, Fuso is still there for me to perform well in consistently, time and time again. Average damage was pretty decent (for the average noob I am) at 46K - there were plenty of 60K rounds but a few unfortunately inconsistent performances. I've gotten a lot more devastating strikes brawling than before, my first Fuso close quarters expert and my 3rd ever Kraken in just a day of play. I enjoy this ship so much, and it's a definite keeper.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Well basically, Myogi and Kongo encourages bad habits(sniping from long range with little effects) to IJN BB players too soon and she also has the most battles which make it hard for her to increase her server stats compare to newer ships like Bayern and prem BBs.

She's still a good ship in her tier if her players know how to handle her.