You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Just completed my survey. Good to see they dont actually ask the following

15 comments in this topic

[AE]
202 posts
9,508 battles

So they did not ask me:

1) how many friends came with you from WoT, and how many still play WoWs a year or less in?

ANSWER: 6-10 came, none remain, just me

2) Do you like the +/- 2 tier spread only kicking in at tier V now?

NO, the difference compared to playing IV and only seeing V above you is really obvious

3) Have you got to tier X and realised there is no fun (like in WoT) from tier 6 or so upwards?

YES.

4) Do you want to see Carriers removed from the game because they seem to target you especially? And for many (and I acknowledge that many of you love Carriers when you play them, but even you probably don't like them when you are playing normal ships) people carriers eat away at the game, slowly killing its soul, before the game finally, but certain finality, dies? (Which is why carriers are called, by some, deservedly, sky [content removed]?) IF you want to see the results of introducing a vehicle type that allows people to NOT play the normal game, just look at what artillery has done in WoT.

THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER ASK, YES

5) If carriers remain would you like to see air dropped torps minimum range increased?

YES, nothing kills any interest in playing BBs in this game like that

6) Do you like the fact that somehow, probably due to an unmentioned experience filter, you go to play your Hermilen, but after a 5 minute wait you see one other guy on the other side?

WELL NO, IT SUCKS UTTERLY actually. Why allow improvement of tier 1 and 2 captains if, by doing so, I am no longer allowed to see any tier 1 ships? 5 mins later one guy on the other team. FFS. Seriously, 8 months ago I was playing 12 vs 12 tier 1, now I am playing 1 vs 1. Either you have no new people joining the game, or I am getting screwed deliberately for liking low tier play. (ie. Fun. close in combat in standard mode)

7) Do you love our new Epicentre mode? You know, the new mode, that like domination, deliberately tries to force close in play like the lower tiers, in a game where WG has made the ocean a torpedo soup? Thereby creating the sit at the cap circle and take long shots type game?

OH YEAH LOVE THOSE CRAPPY MODES OTHER THAN STANDARD - you know, the ones where every second game in domination/epicentre you play is won or lost due to one team not even bothering to try to play it. The ones where stupidly aggressive yolo play is encouraged. I get that games where half the team sits at the rear can be frustrating and a little boring, but compared to quickly losing several teammates early in the game, with hardly any chance of surviving due to being outnumbered, sucks

8) Do you like it when we tell you that a big change is coming out, soon, but nothing happens for months?

Oh MY WORDY LORDY YES! Love seeing my IJN DDs sitting in port, unplayed, because I am not quite sure what will happen with each ship, and if the ONLY saving grace of IJN DD, their torp range, is nerfed, because people were (love this) firing them off at long range? Next nerfing US and Russian DD guns because people were using them too much...

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[AE]
202 posts
9,508 battles

FACETIOUS,

adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour; flippant.

"a facetious remark"

346 posts

So they did not ask me:

1) how many friends came with you from WoT, and how many still play WoWs a year or less in?

ANSWER: 6-10 came, none remain, just me

2) Do you like the +/- 2 tier spread only kicking in at tier V now?

NO, the difference compared to playing IV and only seeing V above you is really obvious

3) Have you got to tier X and realised there is no fun (like in WoT) from tier 6 or so upwards?

YES.

4) Do you want to see Carriers removed from the game because they seem to target you especially? And for many (and I acknowledge that many of you love Carriers when you play them, but even you probably don't like them when you are playing normal ships) people carriers eat away at the game, slowly killing its soul, before the game finally, but certain finality, dies? (Which is why carriers are called, by some, deservedly, sky [content removed]?) IF you want to see the results of introducing a vehicle type that allows people to NOT play the normal game, just look at what artillery has done in WoT.

THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER ASK, YES

5) If carriers remain would you like to see air dropped torps minimum range increased?

YES, nothing kills any interest in playing BBs in this game like that

6) Do you like the fact that somehow, probably due to an unmentioned experience filter, you go to play your Hermilen, but after a 5 minute wait you see one other guy on the other side?

WELL NO, IT SUCKS UTTERLY actually. Why allow improvement of tier 1 and 2 captains if, by doing so, I am no longer allowed to see any tier 1 ships? 5 mins later one guy on the other team. FFS. Seriously, 8 months ago I was playing 12 vs 12 tier 1, now I am playing 1 vs 1. Either you have no new people joining the game, or I am getting screwed deliberately for liking low tier play. (ie. Fun. close in combat in standard mode)

7) Do you love our new Epicentre mode? You know, the new mode, that like domination, deliberately tries to force close in play like the lower tiers, in a game where WG has made the ocean a torpedo soup? Thereby creating the sit at the cap circle and take long shots type game?

OH YEAH LOVE THOSE CRAPPY MODES OTHER THAN STANDARD - you know, the ones where every second game in domination/epicentre you play is won or lost due to one team not even bothering to try to play it. The ones where stupidly aggressive yolo play is encouraged. I get that games where half the team sits at the rear can be frustrating and a little boring, but compared to quickly losing several teammates early in the game, with hardly any chance of surviving due to being outnumbered, sucks

8) Do you like it when we tell you that a big change is coming out, soon, but nothing happens for months?

Oh MY WORDY LORDY YES! Love seeing my IJN DDs sitting in port, unplayed, because I am not quite sure what will happen with each ship, and if the ONLY saving grace of IJN DD, their torp range, is nerfed, because people were (love this) firing them off at long range? Next nerfing US and Russian DD guns because people were using them too much...

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Match making +2 is across all tiers isn't it? sometimes it's even +3

403 posts
8,188 battles

Erm no (you must be thinking of WOT-style)

There is something on the wiki, but to summarize:

Tier 1: Tier 1 only

Tier 2: +1

Tier 3-4: +-1

Tier 5-6: -1+2

Tier 7 up: +-2

Edited by 27000ants

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

unless someone have their div mate a tier lower or higher, that's impossible

220 posts
3,420 battles

FACETIOUS,
adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour; flippant.
    "a facetious remark"

Why did you post that?

I hate cludo :)

I like obvious 

435 posts
6,169 battles

Most rants are associated with losing, the fact is that everyone cares about winning, it’s the rewarding part of gamming, the success of gaming, even if people deny it they do care about it in one degree or another. When players fail they try to look for answers, in places like there teammates, opponents, MM or WG or all of the above as you have done but really the true answers lie from within.

Sign

Game Supporter

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Let me try your version of survey:

1) Who cares about WoT players. Not the same game, people may not like it for many reasons.

2) Kinda agree, T5 and T7 is huge difference. Then again, there is no reason to stick to T5 now after current economy system.

3) Tier 6 to Tier 8 are one of the best ships of the game and high tier matches are lot more fun. Low tier is full of noobs and clubbers, total waste of time.

4) No, I don't want carriers to go away, all my ships are anti air build for some reason. Again, pointless WoT reference.

5) Most people take Torpedo Acceleration mod which decreases the range. I know how to dodge or minimize damage from air dropped torps, I think the current situation is fine. (I never played CV).

6) 404 Question not found. Seems like the game mode most people like is the Domination which is too hard for you. That's why you resort to low tiers? And you are afraid of heavy damage dealer ships of high tier. Fun cannot only be judged from your perspective.

7) We call this "Shit Mode" for a reason. It sucks. But your opinion is contradictory with your opinion on 6. Thought you like "close battles".

8) Considering the fact that thousands of people are playing IJN DDs everyday thousands of times in total, it doesn't seem like people wait for big change to happen.

In my opinion, this time the survey was really good and there were many game play related questions which I think will be used as a base in some upcoming patches to come. Your version of survey prints "Its all about ME" everywhere. Don't like the game don't play it. Go back to WoT.

346 posts

plus how 

I on my tier 6 New Mexico just got put in a battle with tiers 7 8 and 9s any arguments?

​plus how do I post screenshots

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

I on my tier 6 New Mexico just got put in a battle with tiers 7 8 and 9s any arguments?

​plus how do I post screenshots

If you are in T9 it is your own fault. Don't lie here, we all know how MM works. New Mex is Ok in T7, but in T8 she will struggle a bit. Like I said enemy will also have T6 ships same as yours. You have to pick your engagement cause New Mex has the best concealment for the tier.

Here's how to post screenshots. (remove 's' from 'https' in any link)

Edited by icy_phoenix

346 posts

If you are in T9 it is your own fault. Don't lie here, we all know how MM works. New Mex is Ok in T7, but in T8 she will struggle a bit. Like I said enemy will also have T6 ships same as yours. You have to pick your engagement cause New Mex has the best concealment for the tier.

Here's how to post screenshots. (remove 's' from 'https' in any link)

I'm not saying I did bad I fare pretty well even against tier 9 ships I'm just saying I ended up in a battle with tier 9s so it's not impossible and how is matchmaking my fault I don't control matchmaking plus the enemy didn't have a tier 6 their lowest was tier 7 and I most definitely don't mind being paired up with tier 9 (specially if it's Iowa)

Edited by BravaZulu296

268 posts
6,381 battles

The New Mex will NOT see tier 9s unless you're in a division with someone in a tier 7 or above ship.

You can still make it work in 8s, target cruisers with AP, BBs with HE to set them on fire, as your AP will generally be ineffective.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

I'm not saying I did bad I fare pretty well even against tier 9 ships I'm just saying I ended up in a battle with tier 9s so it's not impossible and how is matchmaking my fault I don't control matchmaking plus the enemy didn't have a tier 6 their lowest was tier 7 and I most definitely don't mind being paired up with tier 9 (specially if it's Iowa)

Unless you division up with someone using T7 ship, New Mexico will never be at tier 9. So you division with uneven ship tier, that's how it is your fault.