Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

Is RNG hates me or Fuso's HE is bugged?

9 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

I was on a mission that required to set 30 fires on ship, so I decided to bring out a Fuso since I don't feel comfortable driving cruisers yet.  I managed to land 20 HE shells on a Scharnhorst but did not get a single fire. In return, I got set on fires 11 times from "only" 70 shells.

Well, Fuso's HE has 25% fire chance but not so much the case here. Is this an isolated case of "RNG hates me" or is something happening on Fuso's HE?

RTG7Dtp.png

634 posts
6,234 battles

Several possible reasons:

1. 20 shells are too small as a sample size, for a Fuso that's like 2 salvos .

2.it may well have been that the superstructure and the deck was already on fire, thus reducing the chance of you causing a fire, 

3. The health for the structure/deck module may have already been depleted, so you can hardly get a fire on her.

4. You hit the belt where a fire is guaranteed not going to appear, try hit the deck/superstructure of the ship.

Edited by Lordofcaptain

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Granted, 20 shells hit is quite a small sample size but:

1. That Scharnhorst has never been set on fire the entire game (even if he uses repair, I should still get the fire badge).

2. My shells mostly land on the superstructure, you can see I took out quite a number of his AAs.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Maybe the shiny horse has all the survivability related skills, so maybe like -10% fire chance and it just so happens RNG hates you with fires hehe

Truth to be told, if you want to set fires use IJN CA. If you want to annoy BB and set fire use USN DD.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its jut rng. there are games on my scharnorst when i'm using HE and even a single shell immediately set target on fire. sadly no witherer yet because i lack 7k fire  damage.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

its jut rng. there are games on my scharnorst when i'm using HE and even a single shell immediately set target on fire. sadly no witherer yet because i lack 7k fire  damage.

I have been on the receiving end of that too in my Colorado.

First salvo from Scharnhorst = 3 fires, repair

Repair runs out, another salvo = 2 fires + 2 other fires from other CAs, no repair

....Burned down 30 seconds later.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Sign in to follow this