Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

HE spamming Amagi's

25 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

Me and my Div mates spotted a curious phenomenon tonight of nearly all Amagi's that we saw in both Ranked & Random were spamming HE instead of AP. Did we miss a memo somewhere where IJN BB's should stop using AP ??? For we would rather shoot AP and get 20-40k salvoes instead of getting 5-10 and maybe a fire or 2 that can be healed.

Anyone else notice this or is it just us ???

133 posts

Better to do some damage with HE against angled ships than to bounce all your shells with AP and do no damage.

It's situational.

Edited by Kaminari1

141 posts
6,658 battles

In rank, everyone is so nervous not to show boardside to you, and most of the time is durable snipe contest in long range, using AP consistently sheels ricochets all the time,  HE is the most effective in that way

Edited by zombiesforce

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

All you guys are wrong. Check current mission listing for ijn ships

Stage 3: Set fire to ships 30 times.

They are trying to do it by using a BB. What a scrub...

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,953 battles

to be fair, HE spamming.un amagi is actually very viable, you have the best throw weight of all BBs apart from montana and GK, you have.good speed to keep up with a cruiser pack, and the HE hurts like a b*#&!, not to mention all the fir dmg it does, it's just that AP is better at times

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

German BB's are hard to pen using AP especially if they are facing you. If the enemy team has more German BB's I would also use HE just to keep up the damage and set fires rather than get bounces every time.

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

German BB's are hard to pen using AP especially if they are facing you. If the enemy team has more German BB's I would also use HE just to keep up the damage and set fires rather than get bounces every time.

Hard to pen? Are you serious? They are hard to citadel, not hard to pen. Specially not with something like Amagi. 

Just to clarify my point, I know HE is viable on Amagi, OP asked about the possible reason of sudden influx, and I think it is because of the mission. Remember the last time? All the cruisers shooting AP on battleships. I mean sure, that is sometimes viable, but not the norm. Same goes for Amagi. On a T10 match with bow on Montana and Yamatos, sure. on a T8 match where Bismarck gives AP damage like a cake, why HE lol.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

This might be it, thanks Icy_Phoenix we just couldn't figure out why so many Amagi's were firing HE at broadside targets.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i though there's a contest that involve pyromaniac and fireproof. maybe they also wanted to join the contest using amagi. :teethhappy:

118 posts
3,589 battles

i though there's a contest that involve pyromaniac and fireproof. maybe they also wanted to join the contest using amagi. :teethhappy:

There's a contest?!WWWWWUUUUUTTTT

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I have seen people's screenshot of Bismarck getting it.

Well she has worst firepower on both HE and AP but better other stats like Torp, AA, Mobility, Citadel, Side armor

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,953 battles

Well she has worst firepower on both HE and AP but better other stats like Torp, AA, Mobility, Citadel, Side armor

i once saw bilibiliJC get a whitherer on his tirpitz

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Still Impossible

i almost got it yesterday. i'm on scharnhorst and i'm using HE against bb beyond 14km. i light up more than 10 fires. only 7k short for 50k requirements because game end too short.

Sign in to follow this