You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MichaelTHEANGEL

unfair match system for rank battle

6 comments in this topic

12 posts
4,466 battles

I just finish a battle with rank 10 players, at beginning, we never know what the rank for other side; in the end,we lose the game. However, when I check the team information at the result section. I find that all my member in our team are rank 10, but other side are randomly from 10 and higher! Is it fair?! Why my team are new to 10, and others are higher than that?! I feel like I have to battle with higher players to earn the star! Not play with same level! Seriously?!

shot-16.10.09_21.36.55-0151.jpg

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Imagine there's two players, with similar win rate (assume 60%), similar play style, similar average damage... in short everything similar. Basically, these two players are of equal skill.

But the only difference is, one of them got to rank 9 or 8 or 7 a few days earlier because he/she has been putting more time playing Ranked. The other one was busy with real life and only managed to reach rank 10 only today.

Now, keeping in mind of this:

these two players are of equal skill.

Does that mean that simply because one guy is at rank 7 and the other is at rank 10 their skill is no longer equal? Does that mean it's unfair that they are matched against each other?

Most of the time high rank = high skill. But not necessarily all the time.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

And to elaborate more on MM, it's based on which league you're in. Not on your rank. The logic being people in the same league should be of similar skill range. Anyone who doesn't belong will eventually be promoted or relegated.

You are in Bravo league (rank 10-6), so MM put you up against other Bravo league players.

26 posts
7,433 battles

Regardless... This season is no different from RANDOM except I can only choose from one of two ships now and yes 'those of us with a life' can't rank up yet we're skilled players...

What I find exceptionally disappointing is the complete lack of ability for 

1. Pre-game start strategy... imagine I could plot a course I think is best for 'my flotilla' and others do the same and we all see the commonalities and can infer what we were all thinking.. hone that down in early game chat and BAM.. far more coordinated and SATISFYING rounds... I don't mind loosing... I dislike immensely losing when surrounded by tards and falling a rank for it... and I can coordinate tards but we need tools...

2. No 'auto-divisioning' or the ability to Form Divisions during the start of the game.. I really can't believe ranked play can even be a thing while the innate channels of communication and strategizing are so utterly non-existent.. 

Please make this significantly better and quickly... it's just a nightmare in ranked at present...

Edited by Captn5Stars