You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Does zoom sometimes point in wrong place?

11 comments in this topic

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Am I just not noticing something in the heat of battle or does zoom sometimes point in the wrong place.. torpedoes as well?

I realize that when you're turning and using free look etc things can change a bit, but there are occasions where the view seems to get thrown to some strange angle.

Example 1. I am focused on a single target, and have been for a while. Why if I switch to torps are they not pointing where my guns were (assuming guns in torpedo arc)

Example 2. Firing at target. Switch and fire torps at stationary target. Switch back to guns and they not aimed at target.

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Yes, I do find this a bit annoying. I have to move pointer and press 'X'.  Also, if you target a ship which is behind another ship, if you get out of zoom and then zoom in again, often the target marker moves to the closer ship which I do not want.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Yes, I do find this a bit annoying. I have to move pointer and press 'X'.  Also, if you target a ship which is behind another ship, if you get out of zoom and then zoom in again, often the target marker moves to the closer ship which I do not want.

Yes, sometimes that makes me die, the zoom sometimed aimed towards completely different direction.

So it's not just me then. Yup CQC sometimes quite often die because of this.
Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

So it's not just me then. Yup CQC sometimes quite often die because of this.

I wouldn't say I die because of this, cause if that was the case I would die anyway, I miss killshots because of this mostly.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I wouldn't say I die because of this, cause if that was the case I would die anyway, I miss killshots because of this mostly.

I say die because I go in to make an almost certain kill torp run around an island. Can't fire torps. Enemy has time to turn and fire theirs. Switch back to guns and looking somewhere so random have to switch back out and figure out what happened and guns no longer on target so can't fire back. In that time they can normally whittle away enough hits to get the upper hand.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

There are all sorts of weird stuffs happen when I'm in a bad situation, often 'A' and 'D' do not work, I have to release them and press again. Then there is this wonky target jumping which happens to a lot of people. Both incidents are recorded multiple times on youtube by flamu and others. They have time to copy paste Atago and make Takao but for some reason they can't fix these bugs present since 5.8 or something. So weird.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

That's another one which I feel every game, I keep smashing 'T' and finally after 2-3 seconds the smoke decide to work. That is something which caused me to take much unnecessary hits on a DD. And no, its not for lag or something because  my usual ping is 35-40.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

There are all sorts of weird stuffs happen when I'm in a bad situation, often 'A' and 'D' do not work, I have to release them and press again. Then there is this wonky target jumping which happens to a lot of people. Both incidents are recorded multiple times on youtube by flamu and others. They have time to copy paste Atago and make Takao but for some reason they can't fix these bugs present since 5.8 or something. So weird.

AHH SAME PROBLEM HERE! Had it since .5.8 too I think, and I'm pretty sure it's not just Windows because it happens on OSX too. Had that happen more in the pt server tho, although it will inevitably happen at least once every game for me in the main server.

683 posts
7,358 battles

A and D problem?! I thought that was due to my keyboard!