You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Shards and Estuary map problems

32 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Estuary is an old map but I'm having problem with this map. I don't know about you guys but when I spawn and look at south point and go left i couldn't read or see what is in the team chat. so that doesn't help with the teamplay.

Shards man this map makes me mad, From Public Test i couldn't see the torpedo assist lines(white lines) anywhere in this map.

I couldn't be the only one who is having these problems. so If you don't have these problems then tell me how'd you avoided it or did you change any visual settings

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

The only problem that I have that is similar to what OP mentioned is the lead assist for torpedoes on the shards map. It's a little darker grey than usual, and tends to blend in with the water, but I'm running my screen on low black settings so it's still manageable. Other problems I have not encountered.

1,162 posts

Its about chat background is not dark enough isn't? 

I want to suggest to devs to make the UI customizable, but its too much work.

I hate Solomon Islands, am I the only one?

Ehh.. Solomon Island is okay. The colour balance is perfect, at least for me.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Estuary is an old map but I'm having problem with this map. I don't know about you guys but when I spawn and look at south point and go left i couldn't read or see what is in the team chat. so that doesn't help with the teamplay.

Shards man this map makes me mad, From Public Test i couldn't see the torpedo assist lines(white lines) anywhere in this map.

I couldn't be the only one who is having these problems. so If you don't have these problems then tell me how'd you avoided it or did you change any visual settings

You have some screenshots? Cause I do not have this problem.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Of the new maps, I don't get Shards.

Are the islands supposed to force ships to engage closer or something? Because anyone that dare goes through the choke-points leading to A and B will get shot at with no way of getting out. 

The islands are also a bit high, and the corridors so small even destroyers have limited options. They can't receive supporting fire, either.

Following the logic above, no one wants to push, and if the only place where ships can get spotted are practically next to the islands, it'll be like hell for the team that didn't manage to get island cover.

The map layout is absolutely one-sided for either team, with the Northern team's Northeastern cap and the Southern team's Southwestern cap, the only logical choice would be to push from your team's choke point. The problem, however, is that if the team loses the cap that has the home advantage, they'll have no cover and end up in open waters, which would ultimately end with them bluelining.

This map feels clockwise.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Of the new maps, I don't get Shards.

Are the islands supposed to force ships to engage closer or something? Because anyone that dare goes through the choke-points leading to A and B will get shot at with no way of getting out. 

The islands are also a bit high, and the corridors so small even destroyers have limited options. They can't receive supporting fire, either.

Following the logic above, no one wants to push, and if the only place where ships can get spotted are practically next to the islands, it'll be like hell for the team that didn't manage to get island cover.

The map layout is absolutely one-sided for either team, with the Northern team's Northeastern cap and the Southern team's Southwestern cap, the only logical choice would be to push from your team's choke point. The problem, however, is that if the team loses the cap that has the home advantage, they'll have no cover and end up in open waters, which would ultimately end with them bluelining.

This map feels clockwise.

Actually there are very safe points around the side caps of shard to support the cap in center, the mountains will block most of the enemy long range shells. Already played in this map for 6-7 games in DD/BB/CA. BBs usually support the center cap and CAs go around the side caps. Its actually easier to cap from the choke point side than from the open side, cause enemy support cannot come close to the cap from the open side while the other team can.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

The only problem that I have that is similar to what OP mentioned is the lead assist for torpedoes on the shards map. It's a little darker grey than usual, and tends to blend in with the water, but I'm running my screen on low black settings so it's still manageable. Other problems I have not encountered.

Yes, me too.Hard to see at first.

505 posts
4,176 battles

stil can't understand Trident and neighbour its a bit too small for mid tier, maybe fix spawn ? 

recently within 1 minute in ranked in trident my fusou has already been set on fire and lightly damaged , my spawn was ahead of all the ships.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

stil can't understand Trident and neighbour its a bit too small for mid tier, maybe fix spawn ? 

recently within 1 minute in ranked in trident my fusou has already been set on fire and lightly damaged , my spawn was ahead of all the ships.

I thought that was the point, you spend as less time as possible to start engaging.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Rather light damage and a lil' fire than...

XpoHtjI.png

505 posts
4,176 battles

I thought that was the point, you spend as less time as possible to start engaging.

you really are bad at understanding huh

it's just that close that u aren't even full speed yet you are getting hit

350 posts

It cannot be helped that the Fusou's concealment is bad (sea detection range = 18 kms). A Fusuo in Ranked Battle is like a sniper wearing jungle camouflage in the desert, easily visible and thus a target.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

I dont think Im bad at understanding game mechanics. Also I'm very aware of the map and ship in question. I just dont understand why people expect the scenario to be different. And if you are taking fire you should be able to see the enemy as well.

505 posts
4,176 battles

I dont think Im bad at understanding game mechanics. Also I'm very aware of the map and ship in question. I just dont understand why people expect the scenario to be different. And if you are taking fire you should be able to see the enemy as well.

yes you are terrible at undersanding , what i meant was words not game mechanics

you are taking fire you should be able to see the enemy as well.  #yousaidit, you said you understand game mechanics but then you don't understand this piece of statment

god pls

It cannot be helped that the Fusou's concealment is bad (sea detection range = 18 kms). A Fusuo in Ranked Battle is like a sniper wearing jungle camouflage in the desert, easily visible and thus a target.

atleast u should have enought range to go full speed before getting shot at god

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

yes you are terrible at undersanding , what i meant was words not game mechanics
you are taking fire you should be able to see the enemy as well.  #yousaidit, you said you understand game mechanics but then you don't understand this piece of statment
god pls

May be you should play Tier 7 before jumping to Tier 8 and not knowing how to play. You taking Fuso in ranked means you don't know what works and what doesn't. No one said it before that I have problem with understanding simple English, may be you should try to express yourself better. And yes, I said it. at tier 6 ranked, anything that fires at you, you should be able to see them as well. Get good.

Edited by icy_phoenix

350 posts

at least u should have enough range to go full speed before getting shot at god

Except in my case, I'm guessing the red team chat goes like this:

"Hey, it's Sting Ray in a Fusou. Everyone, blast him."

And here I am at full speed dodging both shells and torpedoes while trying to hide and shooting back.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

shot-16.10.10_23.56.58-0500.jpg   shot-16.10.09_11.44.33-0962.jpg

Sorry for the late upload i was kinda having problems with my internet connection as you can see in shards torpedo assist is barely visible.

other map is Two Brothers i just realized that Two Brothers also had this problem

I'll upload screenshots of Estuary as well.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

It seems to be a rendering problem to me. I carefully looked on those maps today and all were fine. You have proper graphics settings / cards / driver?

Edited by icy_phoenix

505 posts
4,176 battles

May be you should play Tier 7 before jumping to Tier 8 and not knowing how to play. You taking Fuso in ranked means you don't know what works and what doesn't. No one said it before that I have problem with understanding simple English, may be you should try to express yourself better. And yes, I said it. at tier 6 ranked, anything that fires at you, you should be able to see them as well. Get good.

are we still discussing map or we are talking about player skill?

to reply your sentence : 

I'M taking fuso into ranked cuz its my only BB and yeah i like my Fuso alot and i play decent in it and feels great sailing on her

no one said before that you have problem with understanding simple english?

well I AM NOW.

^ have to apologize for being rude well  :

cuz -> one doesn't need to play tier 7 to play tier 8 get it ? , "anything that fires at you, you should be able to see them as well." <- if you know the game mechanics and yet you don't understand concealment ?

seriously dude lets stop this is so stupid

we are talking about fuso concealment in trident and you are there saying that i can see them well i can't cuz they are cruisers or DDs shooting me " concealment" bruh

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

are we still discussing map or we are talking about player skill?

to reply your sentence : 

I'M taking fuso into ranked cuz its my only BB and yeah i like my Fuso alot and i play decent in it and feels great sailing on her

no one said before that you have problem with understanding simple english?

well I AM NOW.

^ have to apologize for being rude well  :

cuz -> one doesn't need to play tier 7 to play tier 8 get it ? , "anything that fires at you, you should be able to see them as well." <- if you know the game mechanics and yet you don't understand concealment ?

seriously dude lets stop this is so stupid

we are talking about fuso concealment in trident and you are there saying that i can see them well i can't cuz they are cruisers or DDs shooting me " concealment" bruh

We are discussing Topedo indicator not being showed up in the map. Take your Fuso whining somewhere else. I have written that statement specifically about tier 6 and if it makes you happy that "I don't understand concealment", so be it. You can check my stats to see what ships I play, all concealment dependent things. From my point of view you don't understand concealment as well as I do cause I never die to invisi firing (which I don't think any T6 can do without the use of smoke, probably you don't understand the term "invisi firing" at all), but oh well, I have nothing to prove to you. Thanks.
Edited by icy_phoenix

505 posts
4,176 battles

We are discussing Topedo indicator not being showed up in the map. Take your Fuso whining somewhere else. I have written that statement specifically about tier 6 and if it makes you happy that "I don't understand concealment", so be it. You can check my stats to see what ships I play, all concealment dependent things. From my point of view you don't understand concealment as well as I do cause I never die to invisi firing (which I don't think any T6 can do without the use of smoke, probably you don't understand the term "invisi firing" at all), but oh well, I have nothing to prove to you. Thanks.

next time just understand what you are even typing cuz it feels like you don't know what invisible firing is but you actually do but you words says other wise but whatever lets just end it here and im not whining about fuso its a good ship