You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Light_carrier_ryujo

I would like to ask for a buff for dunkerque

33 comments in this topic

126 posts
8,258 battles

Dunkerque is a T6 premium battleship(or I would describe it as battlecrusier)

It's a pretty nice boat with some pros like her speed and she dont have to show her broadside when salvo

Also her shell's initial speed...really nice 

But...her con is much more than her pro

Anti-Air...Secondaries and so on

But she equips catapult fighter so her AA is just OK

What I am dissatisfied is her dispersion and her rate of fire

Despite she got a lower caliber gun,she got the fastest reload in Tier 6 battleship---ARMADA

Well...is this sentence a kind of misleading?

I checked the data and found that her rate of fire is just same as Fuso(C hull) 

28s/round

well that is just...make me discontented about the ship

You got a smaller caliber gun and less firepower 

but your rate of fire is just same as the normal battleships

Scharnhorst got a smaller caliber guns and firing rate of 3rounds per minute

I dont look for a 20s reload for Dunky...but I would like to see a little buff like reducing her reload time for 2~3s

I think that would be better

Another issue is about her dispersion...

I have played Dunky for more than 120battles and I found her dispersion really frustrating

Even with a higher sigma rate compared to New Mexico and Fuso

The dispersion is still awful

Can you imagine...I missed 4~5shots even in 5km?

I just aimed the waterline and they all miss

The dispersion wont even scare off a crusier

Because they know all of them will miss and they will just sail straight and continue barbecuing you

I would like to ask for better dispersion...Your shells wont even deal damage on a broadside crusier/battleship since all of them miss

Dunky needs buff...but I think buffing either dispersion or rate of fire will be enough

It will be too OP if she got both of them buffed

I loved the Dunkerque...I played lots of battle on her and got a lv17 captain for her

So...I really hope that she can be buffed in the near future in order to improve the gaming experience of the Drunky players

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

Dunkerque is a T6 premium battleship(or I would describe it as battlecrusier)

It's a pretty nice boat with some pros like her speed and she dont have to show her broadside when salvo

Also her shell's initial speed...really nice 

But...her con is much more than her pro

Anti-Air...Secondaries and so on

But she equips catapult fighter so her AA is just OK

What I am dissatisfied is her dispersion and her rate of fire

Despite she got a lower caliber gun,she got the fastest reload in Tier 6 battleship---ARMADA

Well...is this sentence a kind of misleading?

I checked the data and found that her rate of fire is just same as Fuso(C hull) 

28s/round

well that is just...make me discontented about the ship

You got a smaller caliber gun and less firepower 

but your rate of fire is just same as the normal battleships

Scharnhorst got a smaller caliber guns and firing rate of 3rounds per minute

I dont look for a 20s reload for Dunky...but I would like to see a little buff like reducing her reload time for 2~3s

I think that would be better

Another issue is about her dispersion...

I have played Dunky for more than 120battles and I found her dispersion really frustrating

Even with a higher sigma rate compared to New Mexico and Fuso

The dispersion is still awful

Can you imagine...I missed 4~5shots even in 5km?

I just aimed the waterline and they all miss

The dispersion wont even scare off a crusier

Because they know all of them will miss and they will just sail straight and continue barbecuing you

I would like to ask for better dispersion...Your shells wont even deal damage on a broadside crusier/battleship since all of them miss

Dunky needs buff...but I think buffing either dispersion or rate of fire will be enough

It will be too OP if she got both of them buffed

I loved the Dunkerque...I played lots of battle on her and got a lv17 captain for her

So...I really hope that she can be buffed in the near future in order to improve the gaming experience of the Drunky players

Hmm Dunkek HE have ridiculously high chance of setting fires..

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

But you do realize he's rank 1 in playing the dunkek right? Some of his statements held truth imo, as a dunkek player anyway. Also, to mitigate the poor dispersion, i never fire full salvo, i just fire 1 turret a time to ensure maximum reduction in dispersion under 6km. (a theory, not proven).

126 posts
8,258 battles

Hmm Dunkek HE have ridiculously high chance of setting fires..

Yeah thats true...

But even with a ridiculously high chance of setting fire,the dispersion is a big problem

I cant set up any fire if they all miss

Well maybe the poor dispersion can set up 4fire in a salvo?    The dispersion is too bad that it covers the whole enemy target

126 posts
8,258 battles

But you do realize he's rank 1 in playing the dunkek right? Some of his statements held truth imo, as a dunkek player anyway. Also, to mitigate the poor dispersion, i never fire full salvo, i just fire 1 turret a time to ensure maximum reduction in dispersion under 6km. (a theory, not proven).

Oh well I lose a lot in my Dunky this week so I am just rank4 in week and rank3 in month lol

Anyway last week I was rank 1 in Dunky

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

So our server's top Dunkek player wants a buff (I'm only 14th lol).

I think the guns have a serious problem.  Given the shell arcs of this ship, you cannot pen any BB except flat broadsides (and turning towards you) at long range, since the shells are so fast that they do not plunge downwards like the USN and IJN 14" at range.  Thus, I always use HE against BB at long range.  I also think Dunkek could do with maybe 1.5km or so more range, considering that its guns have decent horizontal dispersion (ok at shorter ranges), but at longer ranges the vertical dispersion can troll you.  Reload is also a little long, I'd agree with the reload buffs.

126 posts
8,258 battles

So our server's top Dunkek player wants a buff (I'm only 14th lol).

I think the guns have a serious problem.  Given the shell arcs of this ship, you cannot pen any BB except flat broadsides (and turning towards you) at long range, since the shells are so fast that they do not plunge downwards like the USN and IJN 14" at range.  Thus, I always use HE against BB at long range.  I also think Dunkek could do with maybe 1.5km or so more range, considering that its guns have decent horizontal dispersion (ok at shorter ranges), but at longer ranges the vertical dispersion can troll you.  Reload is also a little long, I'd agree with the reload buffs.

Praise the RNGesus and hope that you can set up fires

I am satisfied with her firing range...For me it's acceptable for Tier 6 ship

Learn demolition expert in order to set up more fires---Eurobeat

Come on it will cause global warming

671 posts
1,508 battles

Learn demolition expert in order to set up more fires---Eurobeat

Come on it will cause global warming

Acctually Fuso International Airport is the maine cause of global warming, it's basically covered in Sake.

126 posts
8,258 battles

Acctually Fuso International Airport is the maine cause of global warming, it's basically covered in Sake.

ZAO---The main cause of global warming

OK I am just joking 

But the fire it caused increased the carbon dioxide in air lol

671 posts
1,508 battles

OK I am just joking 

Zao's shell is covered in sake right, otherwise why would it be the ozone killer.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

OK I am just joking 

But the fire it caused increased the carbon dioxide in air lol

Zao is not the main cause of the global warming.

She is the main cause of the hell fire. :D:D

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

also, Dunk is not immune when bow on, unlike Tirpitz and Bismarck do, i ever deal more than 10.000 damage in 5 km range with Bayern against Bowing Dunker

(i target the second turret)

126 posts
8,258 battles

also, Dunk is not immune when bow on, unlike Tirpitz and Bismarck do, i ever deal more than 10.000 damage in 5 km range with Bayern against Bowing Dunker

(i target the second turret)

Forget about her bow...

Anyway I am satisfied with that...at least she can bounce of 14inch shells

Her bow armor is just okay as long as you dont run into the battleships with 15/16inch guns

Oh please buff the bow armor for 2mm so that I can bounce off the 15inch shells ------a bit greedy Drunky players

Why not make your bow armor to 29mm? So that you can bounce off 16inch shells! -----salty Drunky players

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Lol first time hearing someone wanting a dunk buff. Her dispersion seems bad because ITS ONLY 8 GUNS others have 12. Do realise that she has weaknesses because she cannot be a perfect ship. There are no perfect ships in this game (except Orlan of course glorious cruiser) She actually CANNOT get any AA buff because they never mounted more AA on that ship. It's doing fine right now in the server so no buff needed. Now get better at playing it

126 posts
8,258 battles

Lol first time hearing someone wanting a dunk buff. Her dispersion seems bad because ITS ONLY 8 GUNS others have 12. Do realise that she has weaknesses because she cannot be a perfect ship. There are no perfect ships in this game (except Orlan of course glorious cruiser) She actually CANNOT get any AA buff because they never mounted more AA on that ship. It's doing fine right now in the server so no buff needed. Now get better at playing it

Yeah so I dont ask for ANY AA buff...

What I want is either dispersion or reload time buff

Comparing to other battleships she is a bit weak

And she cant perform battlecrusier's work well too...since she cant hunt crusiers effectively

Her weakness...in my point of view...is a bit too much...but most of them are just okay so I dont ask for too much

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

you know WG are very reluctant to Buff premium ship unless its really necessary like the situation on Atago. hell they took a year before they buff Atlanta (they gave it a radar and call it a day) and sims still require some torpedo buff (40ish torpedo speed with 8k damage is not gonna work on high tier).

126 posts
8,258 battles

you know WG are very reluctant to Buff premium ship unless its really necessary like the situation on Atago. hell they took a year before they buff Atlanta (they gave it a radar and call it a day) and sims still require some torpedo buff (40ish torpedo speed with 8k damage is not gonna work on high tier).

OMG:ohmy:

I will just wait patiently then...

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Eh, to be fair the dunkey is pretty hard to take down fast from my experience playing CA and DD, and the "bow-on and reverse" tactic seems pretty reliable, but it does have the problem of being outgunned by HE spamming cruisers so I guess a 2 or 3 second reduction in reload is reasonable. Though I doubt wg will be willing to do so, might have to wait and see

671 posts
1,508 battles

If WG buffs a premium: THE GAME IS TOO P2W

If WG nerfs a premium: I have spent money on this thing, precious money, and you nerf it? GIVE MEH REFUND!!!

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Eh, to be fair the dunkey is pretty hard to take down fast from my experience playing CA and DD, and the "bow-on and reverse" tactic seems pretty reliable, but it does have the problem of being outgunned by HE spamming cruisers so I guess a 2 or 3 second reduction in reload is reasonable. Though I doubt wg will be willing to do so, might have to wait and see

Dunkerque - Reversing since 2016​