Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Stupid cleveland guns.

12 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

Just realized the Cleveland guns are the same as USN DD. High arc guns. No wonder the Cleveland need to close range battle to be effective. At maximum range, it is useless against CA. Still can hit slow moving BB. At close range, easily citadel by IJN CA. Really stupid design. Did WOWS changed the guns arc ? I can't remember this boat gameplay. 

199 posts
18,023 battles

After getting used to IJN or Russian CA, this Cleveland is difficult to aim. Need to adjust my aiming. This would be a super CA if the gun arc is lowered. Fast transverse and reload guns. I can shot and turn at the same time. WOWS is really good at messing with the ships.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Just realized the Cleveland guns are the same as USN DD. High arc guns. No wonder the Cleveland need to close range battle to be effective. At maximum range, it is useless against CA. Still can hit slow moving BB. At close range, easily citadel by IJN CA. Really stupid design. Did WOWS changed the guns arc ? I can't remember this boat gameplay. 

Nope, Cleveland carrying 152mm Triple-mount turret. Just saying. Unless you talk about its 127mm secondaries, which is equipped on CL Atlanta as main gun.

Back on the topic: It's really like that (high firing arc) ever since its closed beta, but the rate of fire compensate it so you have to adjust according & adapt.

Edited by Mingfang47

59 posts
12,002 battles

As I remember, before 5.10 Cleveland shell still do decent dmg despite of it's "Rainbow", but after the patch, the shell not only fly slow but also deal pathetic dmg...

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

The Cleveland is fine as it is, but a buff is a nice touch. At slightly above server average in the Cleveland, I'm no unicum, but if you know how to play her right, she's fun as she is. Long range is not that big of a problem to me, if you play it enough you will know how to hit CA/BB consistently at maximum range. DD is a tad more difficult, but not impossible. Best engaged under 12km for more fun.

Sign in to follow this