You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

a slight change to the awarness perk

19 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

ever since they made awarness permanent its been quite fun as well as frustrating(to a degree) and its all to do with whos detecting me at the time and were from especially when there is heaps of ships and if a dd is among them. i thought of how they could tweak the awareness symbol depending on what class of ship is detecting you  what would you think about this guys 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

no need. 

the difference of spotting now is enugh i think

spotted by plane / radar / ship

only by those 3 option right?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

How about get some actual real life situational awareness so you know who could be detecting you

this is what i try to hone....

683 posts
7,325 battles

How about get some actual real life situational awareness so you know who could be detecting you

If actual real life awareness... oh boy, thinking of all those ships sunk by torpedoes in WW2

683 posts
7,325 battles

I prefer not to have touch info from situation awareness. Its presence by default is good enough, and all players should know how to act upon it depends on the class of ship you are commanding, well at least try to.

345 posts
3,608 battles

Don't worry, it'll all be over soon. They're converting themselves to gunboats now. :hiding:

I'm sure that in future patches, IJN DDs will become full pledged torpedo boats again. 

IJN DDs will NEVER work as gun boats. 

671 posts
1,508 battles

I'm sure that in future patches, IJN DDs will become full pledged torpedo boats again. 

IJN DDs will NEVER work as gun boats. 

Cough *Akizuki cough

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well, the skill already beneficial to cruiser in cyclone, when they get detected by IJN DD, They will know right away (follows by Radar at high tier)

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” - Sun Tzu's Art Of War

Knowing what enemies are spotting you is pretty easy if you know your enemy well enough. Strike as a team if you are spotted and don't go sailing alone and making yourself an easy target for focus fire.

1,124 posts

ever since WG made situation awarness as a default skill, IJNDD lose a lot of element of surprise

nowadays if being detected but no enemy ship in sight, is nearly 100% DD and most seasoned player will start WASD hack and IJNDD torpedoes become totally obsolete.

if they even tell what ship spotting them, it'll be disaster and IJNDD will drop to bottomless pit. (they already at the very bottom right now)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

But a Gunboat is still a Gunboat.

not sure, worse firepower, worse speed, worse AA, don;t have DFAA, Laughable Torpedoes Armament 

671 posts
1,508 battles

not sure, worse firepower, worse speed, worse AA, don;t have DFAA, Laughable Torpedoes Armament 

Its a bad gunboat then. But it's my personal favorite Japanese Ship.

Edited by ShadoPulse