Kapisi

Would love to get ARP Takao, but i'm just a new player. Help!

20 comments in this topic

1 post
1,152 battles

i'm now at tier 3-ish. Should i buy tier 6 ships? Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Thanks guys, now i wonder if i tiered up properly and still make it in 3 months time...

Edit 2 : Thank you guys! :D I'll just work my way up then...

Edited by Kapisi

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Grind your own Tier 6 should take a week or less so you dont have to spent money on ship you dont really want :P

Then grinding that Tier 6 to 8 should be enough for you to get Takao, ill say in 2 month if you play daily Takao should be your

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

just focus on a certain nation... dont try to get all tier 6from all nation in all lines

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles
Do not try to rush any line! Try to get used to their perks and strengths. The point is to have fun while learning the different stages of difficulty in each type of ship. Rushing to get to a higher tier will eventually burn you out.​
Set a target for yourself, and make your way through it. Tier 4 to Tier 7 are the spot where the fun is at. Besides, ARP ships may return once or twice for players who missed them, so do not worry if you do not get it this time round.

All the best!~
Edited by Crim7AmbiencE

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Do not try to rush any line! Try to get used to their perks and strengths. The point is to have fun while learning the different stages of difficulty in each type of ship. Rushing to get to a higher tier will eventually burn you out.​

Set a target for yourself, and make your way through it. Tier 4 to Tier 7 are the spot where the fun is at. 

yeah.. you are right.....

. Besides, ARP ships may return once or twice for players who missed them, so do not worry if you do not get it this time round.

All the best!~

i hope so... 

i dont want to gave a bad thught.. but on 2017, the new colab is with Haifuri. so no one can tell for sure if there will be new ARP ship  / return mission

Edited by XP_On

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Don't worry 3 months is a long time to go. Plenty of time to learn the game. Don't be too bothered with the challenge, since you simply have to play to progress. Focus on improving your play style before spending money.

On a side note, in terms of non premium ships Farragut, New Mexico, Budyonny, Ryujo, Aoba, Myoko, are pretty good for getting mad XP if you know how to play them. The Cleveland is also good too, but takes a bit of getting used to. My pick for best premium ships would be Blyskawica, Leningrad, Dunkerque and Atago (yes because training captains).

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I disagree, Do not buy Lelingrad unless you are familier with Gnevny. For mad XP, sims is the best, blyska does not make as much base xp. Simply stick to a Battleship or a gunboat line. Or stay with USN DD line to be precise. Once you reach T6, it should not take more than 120 games to get the Takao.

496 posts
4,171 battles

i'm now at tier 3-ish. Should i buy tier 6 ships? Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Thanks guys, now i wonder if i tiered up properly and still make it in 3 months time...

Edit 2 : Thank you guys! :D I'll just work my way up then...

just play normally you have 3 months its more than enough time, you can get to tier 6 quite fast, and it takes a bit to get 111k base exp.

3 months left its a lot of time

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

You have 3 months, its not impossible, if you want to make sure you get ARP Takao i would recommend that you pick 2 ship types then pick a tree to go down for each of them and play nothing but those 2 ship lines, for example you can pick to go down the German Battleship line and the Japanese Cruiser lines, it would probably be better for you as a new player if you avoid Destroyers with the new Economy changes if you are hellbent on getting Takao and sticking with cruisers and battleships (do not snipe with your battleship, it is good in theory, but in reality you would do better and earn more at ~8km range)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Don't rush into buying anything lol.

As others have advised, just play the game and learn as you go what you like/dislike about the various lines.

With 3 months available until the end of the missions, you should reach the goal comfortably just by playing the game normally.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

it's a long time yet till to mission end, chill out dude

i once crazy grind because it required tier 7 ship, and it was painful

furthermore, the time now is losing streak lost, so expect much suffering through your grind