Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Asian_noone

May I ask about chat censorship?

10 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i always got confused when i would see blocks in chat in the end it took a random player that could speak both chinese and english to tell me what the china man was saying after that i kept seeing blocks in chat and the occasional english

31 posts
5,558 battles

I reckon he means the in game chat.  To be honest the moderation of naughty words here is no different to anywhere else.

Yes it is. You can test in game by typing Essex. It will become Es*** :trollface: why "sex" is censored? :yes_cap:May be these vulgar words might hurt those angels playing this game? :child:
Edited by ImHikaruCat

31 posts
2,893 battles

I reckon he means the in game chat.  To be honest the moderation of naughty words here is no different to anywhere else.

I'm bumping this thread because I ran into the censorship of "pie". I tried googling about it, but the only other threads I found were derailed by useless banter. What is wrong with the word "pie" in the game chat?

350 posts

I'm bumping this thread because I ran into the censorship of "pie". I tried googling about it, but the only other threads I found were derailed by useless banter. What is wrong with the word "pie" in the game chat?

The same thing as the censoring of the word "bear". Maybe its because of translation issues for the said words that end up meaning something else entirely in another language.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

The same thing as the censoring of the word "bear". Maybe its because of translation issues for the said words that end up meaning something else entirely in another language.

I doubt it, because if you started cross language censoring, there would be no words left to speak! Especially German.... almost every German word sounds like a swear word in english!! lol

Beta Tester
21 posts
5,656 battles

Cant even type "No" also "Chilli" is considered a bad word so had to remove an "L" to get my name onto game. I would appreciate an answer on why common non offensive English words are "BAD" If they have an alternative meaning in whatever language the censor uses can he please list the meaning so we understand.

Thanks in advance.

Chilli

Sign in to follow this