You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Good thing MM on my side

22 comments in this topic

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

If ranks mean anything then how was this ever a fair fight? Why no balance of the high ranked players?

21ltweh.jpg

Edited by keskparane

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

Conundrum is I'm not a great player. My best way to rank up is to play for myself.. not the team. Conundrum.

I normally end up not committing to either :/

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

The difference may actually not be too big, who's to say the higher ranked players aren't just people who got there earlier? Or all the rank 10 players on your team are unicum players who got to rank 10 a bit late due to other commitments?

But since your team lost, maybe not... :trollface:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Conundrum is I'm not a great player. My best way to rank up is to play for myself.. not the team. Conundrum.

Is not about being great or not i won many match by just run capture point and smoke BBs with less than 10k dmg.

Im not trying to make it beautiful or something but once you give up you never coming back up, despite the odd  you just have to keep trying.

I won a match which enemy have 2 BB 1 CA and 1DD and my team have me and another Hatsuharu and we stand and fight together to the bitter end and we actually won it.

shot-15.11.28_14.14.23-0000_zpsezvokcrn.

shot-15.11.28_14.14.30-0804_zpsbw4y1mxl.

shot-15.11.28_14.14.34-0317_zpsjff9hgtd.

All i can say is dont give up and contribute as much as you can win or lose is just the result, if you already give 100% you just need to push to 200% that simple :P

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

All i can say is dont give up and contribute as much as you can win or lose is just the result, if you already give 100% you just need to push to 200% that simple :P

200%. You'd have to be schizophrenic wouldn't you. Yes, I think you're right, you would. :read_fish::smart_fish:

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

p.s.  I'm not ready to lay down yet, but it is taking some learning.

I have found ranked to be a different game than random battle, first change in style.

The tactics that sailed me through to Delta & Charlie league got me killed in Bravo.

It's my first season ranked so will take it as it comes.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

200%. You'd have to be schizophrenic wouldn't you. Yes, I think you're right, you would. :read_fish::smart_fish:

I got Ranked 1 for 3 seasons by wondering with could i done more for the team and what mistake i made and how i can contribute more to the team.

You say all you want but the fact that im Ranked out with this mind set still remain, how about you how many time you got Ranked 1 ?

or you just give up and complain about having noob team ?? did you ever realized your mistake did you ever try to improve your gameplay ?? 

Im trying to help you be positive and be a better player by changing ur mind set and you say such a horrible thing to me, great thank you hope you have a a better life ahead by that mind set im done here :D:D:D 

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

with this mind set still remain, how about you how many time you got Ranked 1 ?

or you just give up and complain about having noob team ?? did you ever realized your mistake did you ever try to improve your gameplay ?? 

Lighten up Mr negativity. 200% is an impossibility in the context it was used, I was making a joke.

I am positive. You are the one coming from a negative mindset.

I simply commented on an apparent imbalance in ranked players on the teams. Why you have to turn it into a pissing contest? (rhetorical question)

Edited by keskparane

Beta Tester
913 posts

p.s.  I'm not ready to lay down yet, but it is taking some learning.

I have found ranked to be a different game than random battle, first change in style.

The tactics that sailed me through to Delta & Charlie league got me killed in Bravo.

It's my first season ranked so will take it as it comes.

You have been playing great. I remember playing a game with you last night. I was in my Bismarck. 

You were one of the fubuki s that did your job.

I say keep at it. MM trolled me last night for 3 losses straight up. I manage to then get 7-8 wins afterwards. 

Edited by SlamUez

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

You have been playing great. I remember playing a game with you last night. I was in my Bismarck. 

You were one of the fubuki s that did your job.

I say keep at it. MM trolled me last night for 3 losses straight up. I manage to then get 7-8 wins afterwards. 

Thanks for the encouragement. Like it or not you stuck with me for a while :)

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

The difference may actually not be too big, who's to say the higher ranked players aren't just people who got there earlier? Or all the rank 10 players on your team are unicum players who got to rank 10 a bit late due to other commitments?

But since your team lost, maybe not... :trollface:

Yeah. I think you can typically tell if a team is good or bad. In this game 1 of their Benson capped against 1 Benson and 1 Atago while I was stuck holding the other cap. Could kinda see where it was going. 

Going by the current opposition I think I will probably stay around Rank 10. By all indications that is my skill level atm.

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

To highlight what I am talking about consider this. If I lay smoke for a BB, he gets top of the table if we lose, he doesn't lose a star and I do. If I use that smoke for myself, I can get top of the table and not lose a star if we lose.

I have lost the top spot many times doing this.

Beta Tester
913 posts

To highlight what I am talking about consider this. If I lay smoke for a BB, he gets top of the table if we lose, he doesn't lose a star and I do. If I use that smoke for myself, I can get top of the table and not lose a star if we lose.

I have lost the top spot many times doing this.

There has been so much selfish behaviour lately. not you personally. But I have Called out for smoke help from bb. Dd refused. They rather save it for themselves. 

I am changing my tactics tonight. See if I can make some solid progress.

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

I tell you one thing. Having players on your own team constantly barking orders and speaking non english about you doesn't add to the games enjoyment.

They never happy. Sorry I don't have money for Atago or Tirpitz.

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

There has been so much selfish behaviour lately. not you personally. But I have Called out for smoke help from bb. Dd refused. They rather save it for themselves. 

I am changing my tactics tonight. See if I can make some solid progress.

And not you personally either.. but perhaps if you want smoke you should capt dd? Like I say... why do they expect dd to save their ship so they survive and dd die? I very rarely see them focus on the chap.

Beta Tester
913 posts

And not you personally either.. but perhaps if you want smoke you should capt dd? Like I say... why do they expect dd to save their ship so they survive and dd die? I very rarely see them focus on the chap.

This is the mindset that won't get you far in rank5+ games.

You havnt seen how it was in last season. The team that doesn't save their bbs will lose. I have no problems with this. 

This literally means you want to play for the losing first spot. 

To be honest I prioritize my shots on Dd or CAs first. Any Dd that calls for help will get it . But that's just me. If I see more of this selfish behavior .I'll play like that too. Trust me I can aim my bbs at 20km and hit. Or would you rather me be 5-8km behind a dd.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

You have to play for win, regardless of what you need to do. Like Slam said above, playing for the 1st spot on the losing team means you already half lost before the battle even started. BBs (competent) can deal damage in 5 salvo that as a DD you may not even do the whole game, and they are the tank and meat shield. I do everything possible to save a friendly BB if I see he is competent. In ranked and team battles, DDs in general play more passive aggressive support role.

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

You have to play for win, regardless of what you need to do. Like Slam said above, playing for the 1st spot on the losing team means you already half lost before the battle even started. BBs (competent) can deal damage in 5 salvo that as a DD you may not even do the whole game, and they are the tank and meat shield. I do everything possible to save a friendly BB if I see he is competent. In ranked and team battles, DDs in general play more passive aggressive support role.

I will make a concerted effort to adapt that style for a while then. See if I can improve.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

I will make a concerted effort to adapt that style for a while then. See if I can improve.

Although I haven't played ranked but I think, the strategy involves

1. Staying alive and actively participating on removing or diverting enemy threats. 1v1 trade is one of the last resorts regardless of some people think its honorable or some shit.

2. Keeping team mates alive if possible.