You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

Planes trps attacks from island side

19 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

How How are trp planes able to do a trp run on a ship that is 20 meters away from the beach or island rock face,, from the direrction of that beach or rock face.. IT should be impossible for them to do an attack with the beach or rock face so close?? HOW.... If done from a beach the trps should hit the ground.. and no plane can dive down at 45 degree angles over a rock island and let there trps fly .. its is bollocks and crap and i am so sick of cv players able to do this .. they allready have  manual flight control over there planes what more do they need, let alone the advantage they have if they work together..The damage can be devastating if 5 flight attack you at once..Now they can set up a trp run from any direction no matter what the obstructions.. Sorry that is just not fair{ especially if you place your ship close, so the only directions they should be able to attack, are on one side but this is not the case in game}.....WHAT THE please explain.....cheers

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

How How are trp planes able to do a trp run on a ship that is 20 meters away from the beach or island rock face,, from the direrction of that beach or rock face.. IT should be impossible for them to do an attack with the beach or rock face so close?? HOW.... If done from a beach the trps should hit the ground.. and no plane can dive down at 45 degree angles over a rock island and let there trps fly .. its is bollocks and crap and i am so sick of cv players able to do this .. they allready have  manual flight control over there planes what more do they need, let alone the advantage they have if they work together..The damage can be devastating if 5 flight attack you at once..Now they can set up a trp run from any direction no matter what the obstructions.. Sorry that is just not fair{ especially if you place your ship close, so the only directions they should be able to attack, are on one side but this is not the case in game}.....WHAT THE please explain.....cheers

you got any kind of screen shots or replays?

96 posts
3,809 battles

you got any kind of screen shots or replays?

No sorry i am computer illiterate i play games thats all my knowledge on what i can do with my pc .. let alone know how to take screen shots.. Imagine an island, your ship is 20 meter to the west side of that island and also a rock face next you.. PLANES come from the east over the island and are able to drop trps in that 20 meters of water, and over the rock face? that cant happen... Or also from a beach,,instead of landing on the beach in the surf and not working,, they somehow still continue tracking in less than 1 meters of water????Cheers hope this helps

96 posts
3,809 battles

Yep I have had this happen to me as well on a number of occasions

In real life you are correct but this is a game so........

A game agreed ok,, But just how much advantage do the cv need .. they are allready deadly?? And it stops your tactic of trying to force an attack from only one direction.. Thus giving the advantage to the cv again when you are playing smart tactically.. Cheers

295 posts
6,613 battles

if you're looking for realistic gameplay you're playing the wrong game, and in real life warships cannot shoot and turn at the same time like in this game except for USN warships that had fire control radar system, and no one complaining about that

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,450 battles

LOL works for the CV's so it's ok? I'm fine with this if my ship torps work the same and ignore islands etc. otherwise fix it. CV's have to many advantages as it is.

96 posts
3,809 battles

if you're looking for realistic gameplay you're playing the wrong game, and in real life warships cannot shoot and turn at the same time like in this game except for USN warships that had fire control radar system, and no one complaining about that

No one expects reallity but ,,But it is a tactics game and plane have physics and just the plain impossible. Its no Excuse

295 posts
6,613 battles

LOL works for the CV's so it's ok? I'm fine with this if my ship torps work the same and ignore islands etc. otherwise fix it. CV's have to many advantages as it is.

dude your stats are better than me, and also you have more games than me, you should have know what happened to CV after the great CV nerf right? and now you want CV to be nerfed even further?

66 posts
1,373 battles

Well, people are running around in ships that are only mentioned in blueprints, drifting in BBs while spraying shells everywhere, firing HE at other warships non-stop, killing team-mates and not half-drowing in a hurricane so realism in this game is kinda out of the window, down the garden path and around the corner.

But if you're really lucky, you can turn into a torpedo before it arms so it deals no damage.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I recently saw torp bombers hovering around an island and then torp a helpless BB, I thought they were helicopters in WWII possibly invented by the Americans. They appeared to be hovering and then move when the BB approached.

The planes flying around islands is an issue and the mechanics needs to be updated. At the moment all planes have no manual altitude control, that is AI controlled and that logic fails sometimes near islands and the border(planes can go outside the playing border).

The turning circle of planes is also something of question. They can get around ships very quickly even if you consider the reduced scale of the game.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Don't try to eyeball distances in this game. You're not 20 metres from the water, because distances are massively compressed in this game, while objects (ships and planes) are magnified.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It's not 20 meters.

It takes 4 seconds to arm the torpedoes on any TB.

Base speed is 35kt, 40kt with Torpedo Acceleration.

They would need to clear 400-500 meters in in-game units in order to activate their warheads.

Ignore 'realism' in an arcade game and consider game mechanics as well.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I've done that plane dive-drop torp. Kinda awesome to see though. And this is arcade too sooo....

But if 2 CV do a coordinated attack on you, yep you're screwed. Not much you can do.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

I've done that plane dive-drop torp. Kinda awesome to see though. And this is arcade too sooo....

But if 2 CV do a coordinated attack on you, yep you're screwed. Not much you can do.

Shhhhhh, the "CV needs buff" party will see this and then pour salt on you.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

More accurately, enhancements to US radar assisted fire control during 1945 allowed US BB's (I think North Carolina class onwards) to maintain a degree of accuracy during a turn, similar to keeping on a level course.

In all other instances across the US and other navies during WW2, maintaining an accurate fire solution during a turn was considered impossible. You could still fire the guns, which makes your statement incorrect, you just had buckley's in getting an accurate firing solution as if you were on level course.

Tee

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

i have been beach torp also torp from outside border

both scenario i thought muahaha you are not gonna get me and then boom i get torp

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

i have been beach torp also torp from outside border

both scenario i thought muahaha you are not gonna get me and then boom i get torp

I've seen torps dropped outside the blue line  border too.

So far I've noticed TBs not attacking from the close island side so far but I'll have to remember from now on you can't rely on an island shielding you from a TB attack.

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Your AA can shoot planes through said island, too. Sounds fair, no?

I've seen torps dropped outside the blue line  border too.

Yes, torp bombers can do this by using auto drop. I mainly use it against blue-lining BBs and CVs.

Here's another little known fact about torp bombers: if your ship is on the blue line, torp bombers can't manual drop close to your ship.