You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

CVs need buff

13 comments in this topic

350 posts

Ok so a lot of the time CVs really need a buff because there aren't enough CVs around from tier 6 onwards. playing US CVs IJN CVs are superior because US fighters don't out number their japanese counter parts they just have better planes which is useless when trying to fight 3 squads of enemy planes with 2 because the enemy will always have an extra squad to barrage your fighters but that isn't (for me at least) the big problem

The problem is that because of the lack of CV players there's no-one to fight (probably because when they "fixed" it a lot of people must have given up on CVs) so match making takes over 7 minutes to put you in a match with 3 ships.

even worse when theirs no long wait time match making regularly pitches my poor tier 6 planes against tier 8 ships AA which limits what i can attack and how many raid I can do before running out of planes

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

When the last time we have this topic?

Oh yes

Almost never

No one freaking care about CV

Joke aside

It is very hard to balance CV without making them too strong (historically Strong though)

350 posts

Yea but the CVs aren't bad it's just the RNG on the Dive bombers are horrible manual drop without the drop circle still small still misses 6/6 bombs (don't have captain skills yet for 7th plane) I dive bombers could hit 4/6 bombs they would be just as good as the TBs hitting 2 torps 

350 posts

Yea but the CVs aren't bad it's just the RNG on the Dive bombers are horrible manual drop without the drop circle still small still misses 6/6 bombs (don't have captain skills yet for 7th plane) I dive bombers could hit 4/6 bombs they would be just as good as the TBs hitting 2 torps 

plus the problem is match making pitching tier 6 planes at ships like north carolina and I'm surprised that even tirpitz's AA are effective against tier 6 DBs and TBs attacking regardless of whether they are attacking at the same time or separately so even defensive fire isn't necessarily the problem

295 posts
6,845 battles

remember when Midway can kill full HP yamato in the first wave? 

pepperidge farm remembers

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,604 battles

LOL pepperidge farm remembers LOL... ahh good one, BUT as for Buffing CV's yes I agree buff them so they can only drop into Co-op Battles, don't tell them, they'll be happy seal clubbing and thinking they leet as :) 

Everyone wins, we get rid of the stupidest class in the game and they go away, far away and never ever come back.

They have no place in the game, you might as well have subs, to make them accurate would ruin the game for everyone else so just play a proper ship, one with guns that don't reach right across the map and allow you to kill people without any real risk. 

OR have their planes range reduced to no more then half the map distance so they have to go forward to engage, but I'm happy with the co-op option, that's just me of course. 

295 posts
6,845 battles

WG really need to buff CV especially in high tiers, people won't just sit around and sail backwards when they are enemy planes flying around, maybe by making their torpedoes has 100% flooding like it was back then in CBT would be enough, and this is me talking as a battleship player 

Edited by Teostra