Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
deathrides

economy changes not so sure they promote aggresive play

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,372 battles

I am opening this discussion for opions

My style of play mainly in IJN DD's  (or any dd) is to be a spotter and herder (I make ships shoe their sides by aiming torps at them so the team then has a chance of citadel hits) I have found under the new economy rules I make more money sitting back  (in the window between between being spotted and out of range) and lobbying shells as it seems to be damage based.

And it seems capping no longer gives the rewards it used to.

To me this means if you sit back and do a lot of damage you now make more xp and credits than if you spot or cap and is therefore promoting the type of play WOW is saying it wants to avoid. I fully agree with the changes that mean afk and others who hide all game get nothing but I feel the system needs fine tuning ,

example in 1 game recently I was in a tier 8 Russian cruiser and I made approx 120 main gun hits although only about 25k damage and used the radar effectively enough that it was responsible for the death of every enemy dd, all lit and killed whilst hiding in smoke (although I did not achieve the kill).I was in within 10 km of the enemy all game and ended up rating in the bottom 1/2 of the team and losing credits

Can we have opinions here please

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Being Focused fire at while dealing heavy damage give much more exp than being last man standing and kill half of the enemy

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

I still value a winning strategy over mere credit and xp gain. I will just play more games if I have to.

This will be the play style I chose no matter what kind of incoming patch.

124 posts

It's barely a week yet, so it's probably too early to tell.

For me, it's still BB heavy in Random. There are still plenty of BB players who chose to snipe. I have no problem with that, IF and only IF, they can aim well and RNGesus loved them unconditionally, and they're on my team :tea_cap:

So far the matches are not exactly fun for me.

Still too often times both teams are sniping at each other. For the entire matches as cruiser, I have no choice but use WASD hacks dodging long range snipes from enemy BBs while trying to snipe back. Whenever enemy DDs have the upper hand and I'm compelled to hunt them down so my team's BBs don't get scared off. My team's BBs still get scared off instead of backing me up hunt down enemy DDs.

Winning Random matches have been meh, no exciting battles at all. These last few matches are just me sniping HE and praying for burnings to damage and kill ships while dodging BB shells. So little chance to switch to AP at all.

In 5 matches yesterday, I'm only capable of doing half my average damage. I tanked potential damage between 500k to 700k. Spotting damage not so much, a lot less than would a DD earn. Iirc, not more than 5k.

On EXP earned, it's noticeably less than pre-patch. Credits wise, I don't care as I made it a point of not going higher than T6 except for Mahan.

My early opinion, changing the economy didn't help to encourage aggressive gameplays from players who are already not an aggressive player.

Maybe WG missed this, in Asia there is a stigma of afraid to lose and to die. Not all mind you, but plenty enough to not be fun around them. Matching rewards to their capability (or incapability) is not a concern for them. They have the patience, time and cash to inch their way up the tier or maintain games on their intended tiers.

Super Tester
419 posts
4,223 battles

Have a match in NO in the morning. 60k damage, 1 cap, 2 defend cap, damage spread was 30k on BB, 20k-ish on cruiser include 4 citadel in Prinz and Nurnberg. Spotting a 7k hp Mutsuki and solo kill it with radar. Made 5000 credits after all expense include 2 premium consumable which without it I would have die much earlier. Potential damage was 500k. Base Exp was 1k6~1k7.

So yeah, unless you get 100k damage and stuff, most likely you gonna lose money

Edited by Arcane_Dream

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

I'm fine with most of the changes but they should not have nerfed the exp gain from capping.

There is a lot of risk involved and its vital for winning.

Sign in to follow this