You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AkatsukiTeitoku

Copy+Paste WoWS folder to another computer: does it still work?

10 comments in this topic

59 posts
4,539 battles

Good day captains,

I've been searching the net for some topics regarding this and the ones I found were 1 year old. I am aware that WoWS implemented a new file system earlier this year, so I'm not sure if it still works. I have WoWS installed on my desktop and want to copy it to my laptop without having to download it using my abysmal internet speed. I have a few questions:

1. How can I copy WoWS from my desktop to my laptop without downloading the game, if at all possible?

2. Would there be no problem with applying future patches with a copypasted game?

3.While we're on the subject, can you also do the same for World of Tanks?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

1,126 posts

hmm... it seem WoWs don't need register value to run than.

good info, if I happen to change my PC I'll just copy it directly,

i mean... this game is damn huge!!! it would take several day to re-download and re-patch whole game =w=

59 posts
4,539 battles

I copy the World of Warships folder from installed drive (with out update folder that contain patch) to other computer with no problems and it run fine for me :great:

So I don't need to copy the update folder then?

But does it work fine when a new patch is installed?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So I don't need to copy the update folder then?

But does it work fine when a new patch is installed?

Update Folder is just update file if you already updated your game then you dont need any file in update folder, on the other hand if you have 2 PC and only need to update the client of other PC like me just copy update folder to other PC it will work as well.

59 posts
4,539 battles

Update Folder is just update file if you already updated your game then you dont need any file in update folder, on the other hand if you have 2 PC and only need to update the client of other PC like me just copy update folder to other PC it will work as well.

Thanks for the info.

I assume you can do the same for WoT, right?

I am planning of getting a new laptop and not wanting to download the whole thing from scratch.

Cheers

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thanks for the info.

I assume you can do the same for WoT, right?

I am planning of getting a new laptop and not wanting to download the whole thing from scratch.

Cheers

Same goes for WoT

If you really concern about those registry and other important system file like me try install the game with installer first (dont need to download the client just the installer) then replace it with ur latest game folder i been told that this way can help you from crashing and other future problems (which i dont think this step is necessary but it just to clear my mind lol)