Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
knightmike

Help! I do crap damage.

16 comments in this topic

1 post
115 battles

So I'm playing the South Carolina. My aiming is good but the ship's accuracy is inconsistent. I've watched all the youtube tutorials. I know when and what to aim for. I know when to use AP vs HE. I get a lot of hits but my damage is crap. Is it me? Is it the ship? What's going on here?

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

All I can say is, don't expect much from the South Carlolina.

All tier III BBs do crap damage. Their dispersion depends too much on RNG. You'd have to pray to get a good shot.

Move on to tier IV or V, that's when BB starts to shine.

Wyoming, the next ship, IIRC has the best accuracy for USN BBs.

But be warned. From tier VIII (North Carlolina) to Tier X, accuracy suffers.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

It's just a South Carolina bro, don't expect much. Shoot at Tenryuus and Phoenixes and Kumas they have large cits for ezy damage. But the South Carolina has what 8k AP alpha damage? Don't expect too much

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

All I can say is, don't expect much from the South Carlolina.

All tier III BBs do crap damage. Their dispersion depends too much on RNG. You'd have to pray to get a good shot.

But be warned. From tier VIII (North Carlolina) to Tier X, accuracy suffers.

:teethhappy: That thing is the 2nd most accurate USN BB...counting from the bottom up.:trollface:

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Somehow pass the grind to New York and you will start seeing USN Awesomeness of American Piercing. New York is the best T5 BB. Wyoming is also horrible to play cause when you are dropped into a T5 match, you will only outrange the Furutaka, and nothing else.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Somehow pass the grind to New York and you will start seeing USN Awesomeness of American Piercing. New York is the best T5 BB. Wyoming is also horrible to play cause when you are dropped into a T5 match, you will only outrange the Furutaka, and nothing else.

Well lol i'll take your advice and grind USN BBs and i'll keep NY in my port :)

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

All I can say is, don't expect much from the South Carolina.

But be warned. From tier VIII (North Carolina) to Tier X, accuracy suffers.

Carolina sisters always do
Edited by MatterCore

331 posts
17,063 battles

you've only done a few battles. you will get better over time there is lots to learn and as long as you're improving that a good thing

If youre over penning you will only do 1/10 of the damage of the shell.

there is also not sailing in a straight line.and not getting hit by torpedoes.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

USN Battleships play differently than IJN sniper fest. You have slow speed so you need to make up your mind before going somewhere. You have shorter range (well from New York and up they are still long range) than IJN with much better concealment (compare New Mex to Fuso, such a joke) value. You have to utilize the element of surprise, by using the terrain and rocks effectively. American Piercing shells hurt a lot even being lower caliber than IJN ones.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Well lol i'll take your advice and grind USN BBs and i'll keep NY in my port :)

Hey! don't blame me if it doesn't work for you ;) But if you are sneaky aggressive type BB player you will like them. Effective combat range of USN BBs are between that of IJN and KM battleships, so you have to play like that.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Hey! don't blame me if it doesn't work for you ;) But if you are sneaky aggressive type BB player you will like them. Effective combat range of USN BBs are between that of IJN and KM battleships, so you have to play like that.

Lol range is never problem for me until angling works well. but then my only problem is i could'nt get past wyoming and constantly being up tiered agains't kongos and konigs it is like hell for me. and my god the speed is like snail

Sign in to follow this