You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BuckleUpBones

HE Spamming British Cruisers

15 comments in this topic

435 posts
6,169 battles

Cruiser are dying and the cruiser ratio by class balance is off.

HE spamming is not so bad and could even bring the cruisers value back into the game, it’s ashamed that the HE spamming British cruisers was pulled.

As Noster put it “we don’t need games full of Fiint’s and Atlanta’s”, which suggests that the British cruisers had a high firing rate, I agree with this setup.

But I disagree that WG have pull the HE spamming cruisers all together, WG should have tested them with a 13s to 15s fire rate but with a flat firing arc (and this would have also differentiate them from USN cruisers) and at least a 30% to 40% fire chance.

Battleships weakness is HE (fires), Battleships are over populating the game at the moment,  and HE spamming cruisers is a good idea (and maybe was the right idea) to curve the battleship populating but the execution was all wrong (from rumours/posts/opinions). Battleship players would have to choose very carefully between fire resistance mods and artillery mods but at the moment it’s a no brainer.

This would affect the battleship mid-range engagements (with artillery mods) but with more cruisers, the cruisers would take up this range. Middle tiers battleships would most likely become more stand offish but this is typical of top tier gameplay anyway. Is this game WOWs or WOBs.

13s to 15s fire rate mostly likely wouldn’t effect destroyers balance

Cruisers to cruisers is more range balanced

Carriers are balance with AA and carrier on carrier

PS Moderators, couldn’t find the “cruiser are dying” thread in the last 10 pages so I just started another one.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1,125 posts

advantage of HE shell shouldn't be "fire"

it should be 'able to deal moderate damage regardless to ship angle'

but now everyone pick HE because of fire fire fire fier~~~~~~!!!! BURN BABY!!

which is not good

maybe they could adjust British CA has very high alpha HE damage (higher than every nation), but very very low chance of fire like... next to nothing

currently game have more than enough "Spit fire" ship.

and IMO

BB high populate is not because CA has weak HE.

it because their main enemy 'torpedo' has been nerf to near obsolete level. only a reckless one getting hit nowadays

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

and IMO

it because their main enemy 'torpedo' has been nerf to near obsolete level. only a reckless one getting hit nowadays

Also because the German BB line is one that most people have been waiting for and its a fun line 

When British cruisers arrive no doubt people will switch to that and things will be back to normal

We will no doubt see the same posts in the forums when the British BBs arrive

435 posts
6,169 battles

advantage of HE shell shouldn't be "fire"

it should be 'able to deal moderate damage regardless to ship angle'

but now everyone pick HE because of fire fire fire fier~~~~~~!!!! BURN BABY!!

which is not good

maybe they could adjust British CA has very high alpha HE damage (higher than every nation), but very very low chance of fire like... next to nothing

currently game have more than enough "Spit fire" ship.

and IMO

Not because of torpedo nerfs, top tier tactics, for the first half of the match all cruisers and battleships stay at max range and destroyers can’t get close enough to launch an effective strike. Buffing top tier torpedo boats will have little effect on things but in middle tier it will be devastating because players still travel in straight lines.

If British cruisers had high alpha it could un-balance cruisers to cruisers engagements between nations.

“Spit fire” gun ranges would have to be carefully crafted by WG so as not be kill off the battleship completely. Battleships players won’t like it but they don’t like 5 BBs and 5 DDs per team either.

But maybe the fire chance could be 20% to 30%, lots of testing would get the best answer.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

...WG should have tested them with a 13s to 15s fire rate but with a flat firing arc (and this would have also differentiate them from USN cruisers) and at least a 30% to 40% fire chance.

You just explained Zao. Everyone knows that they're the main cause of Global Warming.

And I don't see cruisers to be a dying class. Still seeing mid-high tier matches filled by cruisers most of the time.

British CL line will be a peculiarity and I think its fine.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles

There's certainly plenty of them in ranked at the moment. 4 a side Atago wars everywhere you look.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

There's certainly plenty of them in ranked at the moment. 4 a side Atago wars everywhere you look.

that quite obvious,

wallet warrior filled the sea with their numb skill and esperience

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Cruisers are most positively not dead, combine WASD with 203mm HE and you can get them burning and running away. Good concealment and 203mm AP and you can hurt battleships quite the bit.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles

that quite obvious,

wallet warrior filled the sea with their numb skill and esperience

They certainly haven't been much of a threat so far :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They certainly haven't been much of a threat so far :trollface:

Gladly:trollface:

unless they are on our team:ohmy:

that's bad:bajan:

Edited by Harpoon01

126 posts
8,240 battles

My friend....have you ever heard of German crusiers?

Hindenburg can deal 10000+dmg on Yamato showing her broadside...by AP

Maybe you should know more about the penetration mechanics

So you will found that...OMG RN Crusiers so OP

64 posts
6,439 battles

Also because the German BB line is one that most people have been waiting for and its a fun line 

When British cruisers arrive no doubt people will switch to that and things will be back to normal

We will no doubt see the same posts in the forums when the British BBs arrive

Maybe it's just me, but British cruisers don't look that good. They seem under powered (at least from the stats I've seen). Of course, I could be wrong, they could be the best thing since sliced venison.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Maybe it's just me, but British cruisers don't look that good. They seem under powered (at least from the stats I've seen). Of course, I could be wrong, they could be the best thing since sliced venison.

Stats from what site? Or player?