You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Sick of the constant +2 MM for tier 5

78 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Originally I was going to say that 80% of my tier 5 matches are always against tier 7 but having played about 10 matches today I'll make that 90%.

Every match today I was matched with tier 7 and I'm not talking about just a couple of ships, practically every ship was tier 7 with perhaps 2 at tier 6 and just 1 at tier 5.

I wouldn't mind if it were 50% or even 60% but this is getting ridiculous. 

Super Tester
419 posts
4,207 battles

Same with tier 6,7,8 being in tier 8.9.10, MM need an overhaul because having a ship in a +2MM ain't fun at all. Ideal MM would be +1 because the difference of power level and experience between 2 tier in high tier battle are huge. Also some ship are only enjoyable at lower tier MM like Marblehead with the 12,7km range and 13,1 detection range at tier 5 constantly get pit against tier 7 or the Mogami 15,8km range get pit against tier 10 where most cruiser have range mod making the effectively having an invulrable zone where they can constantly shoot at the lower tier without being punished. It's one of the reason why people like to play passively at high tier also, because coming into a MM+2 match, there is often little they can do against the big guy without getting shred by the return fire. Maybe more small battle like 7v7 or 8v8 to keep the game more balance and enjoyable where they can play more agrressive knowing they are not hugely underpower like MM+2 battle.

753 posts
8,965 battles

So play tier IV/VI instead?

I suggest Myogi, she's a great ship for her tier.

I do play 4 as well and enjoy that due to the evenness of the contest. 6 I rarely play (only for events) because then I'm in the realm of 7/8 play style which bores my to tears, although I'm now getting that in tier 5 due to all the tier 7 players I meet.

671 posts
1,508 battles

It's a balance measure to contain the unstoppable juggernaut that is Krasny Krym.

You mean the Krispy Kreme? Don't forget the lil' gremlin too.
Edited by ShadoPulse

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Originally I was going to say that 80% of my tier 5 matches are always against tier 7 but having played about 10 matches today I'll make that 90%.

Every match today I was matched with tier 7 and I'm not talking about just a couple of ships, practically every ship was tier 7 with perhaps 2 at tier 6 and just 1 at tier 5.

I wouldn't mind if it were 50% or even 60% but this is getting ridiculous. 

RIP T5 cruisers in T7 matches. they die so quickly that even Flash couldn't notice their death :trollface:

268 posts
6,381 battles

Admit it.

We Tier 5s just want to beat up helpless Tier 3s.

Gone are the days where my Bouge preyed upon helpless Tenryus.

For me it was kiting St Louis' in my Konigsberg or just wrecking Kawachis in a New York...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

he isn't the only one to notice this problem as well.

it happens to me as well, most battles I play 80-90% of the time I will be bottom tier, its very rare that I get top tier from tiers 5-8.

playing tier 7 with a tier 5 ship isn't so bad and I can manage to win and carry, but as you go up the tiers it becomes real hard to carry and win when you are bottom tier 80-90% of the time.

I have also noticed that RNG seems to be either massively against you, or its massively in your favour. I have played rank battles in my benson where  not a single enemy ship could hit my ship after being spotted and had 5 BBs cruisers and DDs all shooting at me but not 1 single ship could hit me and then ive had battles, where no enemy ship could miss me, and no its not because players have bad aim or good aim either.

So if other people are noticing that there is something going on and maybe it needs to be looked into.

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

The only people affected by this are the seal clubbers.

How is tier 8 a seal clubbing tier???

as I said, when I play tier 8 ships, I get  tier 10 battles 8 out of 10 games played, and that is not suppose to happen according to WG and this has been happening at all tiers and its been like it for the last 2 weeks.

im not the only person who has noticed this and has had it happen to either, it does seem like its only a small number of players and it is not wide spread though the player base.

Edited by yobbo1972

268 posts
6,381 battles

as I said, when I play tier 8 ships, I get  tier 10 battles 8 out of 10 games played, and that is not suppose to happen according to WG and this has been happening at all tiers and its been like it for the last 2 weeks.

im not the only person who has noticed this and has had it happen to either, it does seem like its only a small number of players and it is not wide spread though the player base.

I have a friend who plays on NA who says that tier 10 is dead now because of the economy changes.  Interesting to see if this server follows.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Shhh, any tier below X is seal clubbing, whether you prefer the balancing or playstyles at certain tiers more than at tier X does not matter. :harp: