You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Yo lang in rank battles

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

just a quick question for ya.

What do players think about Lo Yang in ranks battles with its radar/sonar ?

I believe it makes it a bit unfair and a bit OP for rank battles because he can pop his smoke sit in it and use his radar/sonar to spot other ships etc and you cant go no where near him as he can just shoot you and kill you and u cant even see him.

Also if you pop smoke in your DD he can sail up to you use his radar/sonar and spot you in your smoke and kill you and again your cant see him.

Its a bit like flint with its smoke etc making that ship OP and they didn't use tier 7 for rank this time round because the flint is so OP.

What are peoples thoughts? and yes I expect the yo Lang players to say its not op at all etc.

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Lo Yang will be kinda OP in certain situation which you suggest above (imagine Lo Yang can just sonar you in smoke nothing you can do lol)

But other than that aspect Lo Yang kinda having problems dealing with Benson Hull B head-on due to the lower HP and less gun, even worst is Lo Yang Torpedoes that deal really low damages and somewhat slow (dont ever think about that yolo torpedoes it will get you kill) so ability to dealing with large ship is worst than Benson

Yes if you have experience in DD gameplay to the Max lv Lo Yang will be one kind of a monster that can rekt any DD and able to use much more DD Tactics than Benson, but by sheer fire power and more HP pool Benson going to win.

So here my opinion in case you 1v1

- avg Benson vs avg Lo Yang, Most likely Benson going to win

- unicum Benson vs unicum Lo Yang Most likely Lo Yang going to win 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Lo Yang will be kinda OP in certain situation which you suggest above (imagine Lo Yang can just sonar you in smoke nothing you can do lol)

But other than that aspect Lo Yang kinda having problems dealing with Benson Hull B head-on due to the lower HP and less gun, even worst is Lo Yang Torpedoes that deal really low damages and somewhat slow (dont ever think about that yolo torpedoes it will get you kill) so ability to dealing with large ship is worst than Benson

Yes if you have experience in DD gameplay to the Max lv Lo Yang will be one kind of a monster that can rekt any DD and able to use much more DD Tactics than Benson, but by sheer fire power and more HP pool Benson going to win.

So here my opinion in case you 1v1

- avg Benson vs avg Lo Yang, Most likely Benson going to win

- unicum Benson vs unicum Lo Yang Most likely Lo Yang going to win 

yes agreed, good players will use the sonar/radar with great affect and I have been on the end of the yo lang radar/sonar a few times and lost that battle.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

yes agreed, good players will use the sonar/radar with great affect and I have been on the end of the yo lang radar/sonar a few times and lost that battle.

But id say if that Lo Yang is not a good one just rush him nothing he can do :D:D:D

"Sonar bro ??? come fight with ma 5 guns like a man !!" 

So pre-battle analysis on which Lo Yang you facing is kinda important just make a list of good Lo Yang player that you should not mess with and go after the weaker one :trollface: 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

753 posts
8,965 battles

There in lies the problem with ranked battles, fairly soon most players realize which ships are OP (mainly premium ships) and they are spammed in every match.

Like last season it was Blys and Sims, the reality is that if you don't have certain ships at certain tiers then you may as well not play ranked battles as am I this season.

They may as well just exclude all the ships that they know won't do well and be done with it, otherwise some players are just pinatas for the OP ones. 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Yeah well you need to go into that 3.5km range first. Lo Yang only has Sonar and she's C-hull Benson without Benson torp.

You only need one radar cruiser to ruin your day.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

There in lies the problem with ranked battles, fairly soon most players realize which ships are OP (mainly premium ships) and they are spammed in every match.

for Tier 8 Atago sure OP, but the rest are really depend on the player who using it.

They may as well just exclude all the ships that they know won't do well and be done with it

Here my Tashkent stats for 3rd seasons Ranked Battles

tashkent_zpsadojuzgd.png 

OP ship sure stronger than others but any ship that you master it can be OP :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Lo Yang is not OP in some points.

She earned a sonar instead of speed boost.

So if she runs into a tricky situation, she can not run away as fast as normal benson.

Also she has only 4 guns instead of 5( useless C hull of benson)

And Slow and Low damage torps compare to benson

To make a long story short, Lo yang is not the best 8 tier DD.

If you want to counter Lo yang,

just don't go into 3.5km.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Yeah well you need to go into that 3.5km range first. Lo Yang only has Sonar and she's C-hull Benson without Benson torp.

You only need one radar cruiser to ruin your day.

its only 3.5km?

seems like it has a bigger range than that tho.

I don't have the ship and got no idea what it is like.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Lo Yang is not OP in some points.

She earned a sonar instead of speed boost.

So if she runs into a tricky situation, she can not run away as fast as normal benson.

Also she has only 4 guns instead of 5( useless C hull of benson)

And Slow and Low damage torps compare to benson

To make a long story short, Lo yang is not the best 8 tier DD.

If you want to counter Lo yang,

just don't go into 3.5km.

yes I need to learn that one lol

and how long does its smoke last for?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

its only 3.5km?

seems like it has a bigger range than that tho.

I don't have the ship and got no idea what it is like.

The sonar was changed to increase between tier so I don't know the exact number but at tier 8, non-german sonar should only have about 3.5 km - 4 km, so yeah the sonar is too unreliable. Maybe you can catch some DD who's panicking against you and popping smoke when no one else saw you but yeah that's about it, you still gotta move quite close to them

Also yes, Lo Yang got Benson's smoke which is 120s duration with 28s active time

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The sonar was changed to increase between tier so I don't know the exact number but at tier 8, non-german sonar should only have about 3.5 km - 4 km, so yeah the sonar is too unreliable. Maybe you can catch some DD who's panicking against you and popping smoke when no one else saw you but yeah that's about it, you still gotta move quite close to them

Also yes, Lo Yang got Benson's smoke which is 12s duration with 28s active time

no worried thank you

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Well, first of all, when there is enemy Lo Yang, smoke camping far away from friendly is kinda dangerous. Second, you can play Lo Yang yourself.

have to buy it first :-)