drronnie

What would be a good premium ship for a newbie?

39 comments in this topic

25 posts
410 battles

Just started playing the game yesterday and I am looking for one good premium ship which is newbie friendly and a good credit and XP maker. Should I go for the Ishizuchi?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Don't buy a premium yet, you are not experienced enough. Once you get to T5 you could get the Murmansk, but you only started yesterday so please do not buy a high tier premium as you do not understand high tier game play and will get punished very hard. So after you get used to T5 get the Murmansk it's a great ship

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

your best getting the Murmansk.

its a good tier 5 cruiser, but wait until you get to that tier before buying it, as playing the lower tiers first will give you a good idea about how the game works etc.

game style changes as you go up the tiers and its a bit of a shock going from tier 2 to tier 6 to tiers 8-10.

tiers 8-10 is a massive jump in playing style from tiers 7 and below etc.

so I suggest that you dont buy any tier 8 premium's until you get to them tiers first as you will only be throwing your money away if you have no idea of the play style  required to win at higher tiers and you only hamper your team if you are not experienced at higher tiers.

the Ishizuchi is  for experienced players as it is a difficult  ship to play.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Just started playing the game yesterday and I am looking for one good premium ship which is newbie friendly and a good credit and XP maker. Should I go for the Ishizuchi?

Get to T6 and then try to buy something or you gonna make some of the good players rage.

People Buy tirpitz and just get to t8 and t10 battles and ruin other's day. 

For you I'd say try out every ship until t5 and t6 because then you'll understand which kind of player you are. Let me tell how I played this game first started out with cruiser line got to t4 and then understood that i'm not very good at using cruisers and bring them to full potential(it took me too long so my stats messed up) then started IJN DD line i got to t5 it was good but something was still missing so then I tried out IJN BBs, and I loved them got to Nagato pretty fast and then was kinda shaken up with the kind of players I faced then i took a break from T7 started other lines which helped me a lot but by the time I got to Nagato I completed my 1k Random Battles but my skill was so poor that my average damage was 24k which is totally poor.

Luckily German BB line was released and met some Unicum players and started playing with them then I started improving as a player.

So don't buy premium ships and don't become burden for the players at T8, T9 and T10 because they loose lot of in game currency to play at those tiers and before buying think twice if you can play the ship to it's full potential.

Good Luck and Have Fun Sailing ships

25 posts
410 battles

drronnie, you know you'll end up getting them all anyway - just like you did with tanks...

Yep I am a co sponsor of Wargaming Net. :teethhappy: In WOT I enjoy more collecting tanks but WOW I want to try something different. By the way how long can I play the Co - OP games because they are fun and good training and I need to learn how to manuever the ships and its guns

Edited by drronnie

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

you can play co-op for as long as you want to and you can play co-op with any tier of ship that you have.

Just the amount of XP and credits you get are very low.

some players only play co-op and never play PVP(pub) games ever.

Edited by yobbo1972

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you can play co-op for as long as you want to and you can play co-op with any tier of ship that you have.

Just the amount of XP and credits you get are very low.

some players only play co-op and never play PVE(pub) games ever.

Co Op is PVE dude

The correct  term is PVP (player vs player)

223 posts
8,238 battles

It's not recommended for newbies to own a premium ship. Firstly, you're experience enough. Secondly, you need to know the basis of earning credits, not just independent on premium ships. Lastly, there's no premium ships that suits newbie's gameplay, all (or pretty much all) premium ships need skills and is played slighty differently than other ships of its tier (some plays very differently). So in my opinion, you should get the hang of the game first, then decide whether or not to buy a premium! Have fun sailing mate :D

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Can we only fire the main guns or can we also use the secondary guns?

Secondaries are automatic, they will fire on any ship that enters their range. You can select a target by holding ctrl and pressing left mouse button, same goes for air defence.

25 posts
410 battles

It's not recommended for newbies to own a premium ship. Firstly, you're experience enough. Secondly, you need to know the basis of earning credits, not just independent on premium ships. Lastly, there's no premium ships that suits newbie's gameplay, all (or pretty much all) premium ships need skills and is played slighty differently than other ships of its tier (some plays very differently). So in my opinion, you should get the hang of the game first, then decide whether or not to buy a premium! Have fun sailing mate :D

Does WOW work like WOT when it comes to lower tier ships that even if you do not do as well you will not have minus credits?

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Does WOW work like WOT when it comes to lower tier ships that even if you do not do as well you will not have minus credits?

Lower tiers will almost never have negative credit income. That is from T7 and up if you are horrible you will lose credits.

I have somewhat good collection of Premium Ships.

From ships already available: 

Aurora and Ishizuchi -> most useless two (I still got them for collection)

Murmansk -> Most OP T5 cruiser. Also quite cheap.

Atago -> We now call it Paytago (EB) (it's kinda pay 2 win if you know how to high tier CA)

Atlanta -> Has a very high skill floor requirement. Most people can't play this ship. You also need experience for USN DDs if you want to play Atlanta.

Some other good ones when they come up for sale:

Tirpitz -> Its a good T8 battleship.

Mikhail Kutuzov -> Its russian and its balanced as in all WG games :P

Sims -> pay 2 win USN DD

Blyskawica -> pay 2 win Polish DD

Lo Yang -> almost pay 2 win Taiwanese DD

Saipan -> Pay 2 win IJN CV in USN hull but you need AS captain skill to make it work.

Scharnhorst -> Overhyped, not really good for average players.

Kamikaze -> better minekaze, but IJN DDs are meh in casual hands

Dunkerque -> Very good T6 multi purpose BB

Arizona -> Very good T6 water tank with super accurate guns

Warspite -> The old lady, very high skill floor

Texas -> Best T5 BB cause its CV proof.

Anshan -> Gnevny at T6 with longer range torps, kinda iffy. Well its Chinese...

There are lots others but not as good as these. You can collect them but whether you can put them to good use or not is up to your skill.

Edited by icy_phoenix

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Can you buy all premium ship while they are in the store and keep it until u reach tier 5 then u start playing it.

If u r a collector, then buy while it shown in the premium shop.

Also no need to worries about the co op or PvE mode. It will forever available to player.. The reason why i stop playing WoT is that Co Op is limited there....

223 posts
8,238 battles

Frankly, yes. Lower tier ships doesn't have much of an impact when played badly. If you play raw (no signals, no premium account), you'll not tend to lose credits on low tier ships. But if you happen to lose, it is not that dramatic. But it also is a two-sided knife, if you play really good (i mean like godly), you'll not make as much money as higher tier ships do. To sum up, the economics of low and high tier ships are pretty balanced. 

223 posts
8,238 battles

Lower tiers will almost never have negative credit income. That is from T7 and up if you are horrible you will lose credits.

I have somewhat good collection of Premium Ships.

From ships already available: 

Aurora and Ishizuchi -> most useless two (I still got them for collection)

Murmansk -> Most OP T5 cruiser. Also quite cheap.

Atago -> We now call it Paytago (EB) (it's kinda pay 2 win if you know how to high tier CA)

Atlanta -> Has a very high skill floor requirement. Most people can't play this ship. You also need experience for USN DDs if you want to play Atlanta.

Some other good ones when they come up for sale:

Tirpitz -> Its a good T8 battleship.

Mikhail Kutuzov -> Its russian and its balanced as in all WG games :P

Sims -> pay 2 win USN DD

Blyskawica -> pay 2 win Polish DD

Lo Yang -> almost pay 2 win Taiwanese DD

Saipan -> Pay 2 win IJN CV in USN hull but you need AS captain skill to make it work.

Scharnhorst -> Overhyped, not really good for average players.

Kamikaze -> better minekaze, but IJN DDs are meh in casual hands

Dunkerque -> Very good T6 multi purpose BB

Arizona -> Very good T6 water tank with super accurate guns

Warspite -> The old lady, very high skill floor

Texas -> Best T5 BB cause its CV proof.

Anshan -> Gnevny at T6 with longer range torps, kinda iffy. Well its Chinese...

There are lots others but not as good as these. You can collect them but whether you can put them to good use or not is up to your skill.

WOW :D You hoarder :D Just kidding tho :3 

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

WOW :D You hoarder :D Just kidding tho :3 

So far only 14 premiums. I don't have Arizona, Warspite, Scharnhorst and Texas yet. I have some useless ones too, like Mikasa, Campbeltown (most confusing DD in the game). Right now saving $ for Lelingrad.

gPTUAmV.jpg

Edited by icy_phoenix

223 posts
8,238 battles

So far only 14 premiums. I don't have Arizona, Warspite, Scharnhorst and Texas yet. I have some useless ones too, like Mikasa, Campbeltown (most confusing DD in the game). Right now saving $ for Lelingrad.

gPTUAmV.jpg

Now you make me jealous :( *crying in corner* 

25 posts
410 battles

Co Op is PVE dude

The correct  term is PVP (player vs player)

Are the fire extinguishers and repairs kits free ( I mean the slower ones)?

Edited by drronnie

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

yup

If you click on the premium ones, there is an arrow top right, you can change from doubloons to credits (25 doubloons or 25,000 credits)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yeah all standard  consumable are free

Edited by Harpoon01

25 posts
410 battles

Go with Murmask, it the most easy, safe choice and enjoyable ship for beginner

you cant go wrong with Murmask

I heard its like the Churchill III on WoT.