You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

Team Killer

28 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

It's been a while since I was pink so about time I suppose..but

A small cruiser last night runs just above me in my BB and launches many Torps, I avoid all but one

Nothing said so I turn on him and put a salvo in his side (as any reasonable red blooded redneck would), I blow up, he didn't and I'm Pink 9 more times

I ask this..why didn't he blow up after hitting me, he knew I was their, he had to hit me

There is no justice or at least no internal justice, I'm happy with replies such as Suck it up, don't be a big boys baby bottle and the like but in any real world this would leave most in tears with a persecution complex

Being pink means what apart from the attractive colour and being the special one in the team

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Being pink simply means you're branded a teamkiller, and any further team damage actions will weigh more heavily on you and may result in a game ban.

Moral: Don't be a red blooded redneck.

Also, I don't think there's such a thing as a reasonable red blooded redneck ;-)

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,450 battles

Yea there is no real punishment for team killing or damage that matters. I've been killed and seen the killer go on to do better then me out of the match.

If team killing or team damage beyond a point meant no XP, no Money and a repair bill for all the damage plus say a 200k fine, there might not always be a pink person or 2 in every game.

As for being pink, no one cares, in almost every battle there is a pink team member so no one pays any attention anymore, its nothing.

Sorry about the unfairness,  it appears to be setup that way to ensure people who team kill or do damage keep playing and maybe spending money, I assume? Correct me by all means, there is probably a point where you get a stern talking to and maybe a warning, even CAPS in the message, but I doubt it, that's going to far the killer may feel like a victim and no one wants that, I assume. 

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

In WoT, teammate can kill a cyan player (like pink of WoWs) in the beginning of battle so it's normal when someone play both game and kill you as their habit :B This is consequence of teamkiller.

Edited by kairyu

341 posts
4,039 battles

One of my problems with teamkilling and friendly damage comes about that even massive team damage doesn't seem to be punished so long as you don't actually KILL the guy... I had a game a while back where after a 4 game losing streak I was finally doing decently in my battleship... until a friendly blindly dumped his torpedoes at an enemy on the other side of me and somehow didn't notice me there at point blanc range. Admittedly it was probably a mistake but I was forced to try to dodge his torpedoes. I took 3 for about half my remaining HP and ran aground in the process, got stuck, focused and died. I vented quite a bit of salt on the careless torper.:P

End of round, we lose and I only got like 11k compensation for effectively getting killed by him. Meanwhile he tops our team in EXP and gets away without any other penalty. Didn't exactly help my mood at the moment :sceptic:

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

One of my problems with teamkilling and friendly damage comes about that even massive team damage doesn't seem to be punished so long as you don't actually KILL the guy... I had a game a while back where after a 4 game losing streak I was finally doing decently in my battleship... until a friendly blindly dumped his torpedoes at an enemy on the other side of me and somehow didn't notice me there at point blanc range. Admittedly it was probably a mistake but I was forced to try to dodge his torpedoes. I took 3 for about half my remaining HP and ran aground in the process, got stuck, focused and died. I vented quite a bit of salt on the careless torper.:P

End of round, we lose and I only got like 11k compensation for effectively getting killed by him. Meanwhile he tops our team in EXP and gets away without any other penalty. Didn't exactly help my mood at the moment :sceptic:

I hate very much someone launch torp behind me, especially I play DD in first line. Sometime I'm hit by ally torp, I give him immediately 7 reports :sceptic:

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

I hate very much someone launch torp behind me, especially I play DD in first line. Sometime I'm hit by ally torp, I give him immediately 7 reports :sceptic:

Pretty much all the noobs in Myoko and Neons. Also some Mutsukis and Hatsus. 

220 posts
3,420 battles

thought pink was woman players ...

:)

But still unclear on why he didn't blow up after torping me

and I did., It doesn't really matter (like smeg it doesn't) and I don't mind (yes I do) and I forgive him (until I find him)

:)

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

It is really annoying when some joker behind you launches torpedoes in such a way that you have to turn and expose your broadside to avoid them.

I was torpedoed almost point blank from behind by a 'friendly' bot in Co-Op this weekend too.

341 posts
4,039 battles

Pretty much all the noobs in Myoko and Neons. Also some Mutsukis and Hatsus. 

Wow, is it that predictable? That's exactly what happened to me :D

(Is actually a frequent Neon Myoko player too...)

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Wow, is it that predictable? That's exactly what happened to me :D

(Is actually a frequent Neon Myoko player too...)

Yes!! "I heff torpedus, must use them...."

A large number of Neon owners actually do not play IJN CAs, so when they get these for free they do all kinds of weird stuffs.

Edited by icy_phoenix

220 posts
3,420 battles

One more Pink battle to go, I'm using the Chikuma as the battles are quick

Another thing I've noticed playing this lower tier ship I seem to be in winning teams...all the time, well nearly, at least 90% of the time plus I'm top team position 90% of the time, I put it down to the reload time compared to the BB

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Another thing I've noticed playing this lower tier ship I seem to be in winning teams...all the time, well nearly, at least 90% of the time plus I'm top team position 90% of the time, I put it down to the reload time compared to the BB

Unless you haven't noticed yet, that's what we call seal clubbing. Stop clubbing poor tier 2 players.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Oh you monster.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Unless you haven't noticed yet, that's what we call seal clubbing. Stop clubbing poor tier 2 players.

Ah Ha !! so that's what that means, Thank You I was going to do a post about what you guys go on about, I started on it last week and here's where I'm at so far. I will have lot more, it's amazing how long one can be a Noob in this we game

"Oh you monster." OH NO :)

buying slots
salty
premium
doobloons
winning battles as in completed missions that I didn't even know I was in
Getting lots of extra flags for whatever reason
RNG ? no idea

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

don't worry about the forumites, seal clubbing is a perfectly legitimate method of reducing stress and returning your faith in your ability to shoot, hit and kill stuff!

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,450 battles

don't worry about the forumites, seal clubbing is a perfectly legitimate method of reducing stress and returning your faith in your ability to shoot, hit and kill stuff!

LOL, and remember if you get a pack of those little seals up close they can be quite nasty :) 

671 posts
1,508 battles

Don't promirt sealclubbing *facepalm

220 posts
3,420 battles

It never occurred to me that I was really getting any better, because we all head up through the tiers and are always facing the hard wall and getting smacked in the head by better Captians.

It is a useful way to gauge how you are Really doing. I can

"seal club" at Tier II,

can do ok at Tier IV,

just hold my own at Tier V,

launch the ship with trepidation and slight fear at Tier VI

Kiss my we butt goodbye at tier VIII (I blame this fully on my Hipper now)

What can throw all this out of the water is if I was to use a different ship in any of the Tiers things would not be the same...and this comes back to how good this game really is.

I do know if I had a Bismarck then I would be invulnerable. 

14 posts

There have been occasions when I've dropped a shell on a team mate during melee, or I've not really been looking where I'm going and run into another ship, and this has been done to me, and I understand it's an accident an all that, but this evening I ate two torps out of nowhere from a friendly destroyer IN FRONT of me.  Oh, well, these things happen.  So I'm limping away from the action trying to repair etc and then the same friendly, still IN FRONT of me, took me out with another two fish.

I hope that bloke has the same skill when he's shooting his fish at the opposite team!

64 posts
6,479 battles

I think they came up with this system so they would not have to look at replays of team killing complaints. Remember, you used to have to have a replay before they would even pay attention to your complaint about team killing. (Probably the real reason replays are not automatically activated) Now they just have the system call everyone who does enough damage a team killer (whether you kill anyone or not) so they can pretend to be addressing the problem, without actually doing anything. And it's not a certain number of games it is a certain amount of damage. But of course they don't say how much damage or tell you your real progress, instead they jerk you around saying 5 (or some other number) of games and then it turns into 7 or 8 (or more depending on the number they originally claimed) games in reality. They could just say 'you must do x amount of damage without damaging your teammates (including being rammed, even if you are afk or slow to spawn, and can't move and the idiot can't avoid a non moving object)', but that would be too easy.

220 posts
3,420 battles

It seems the internal game model is very accurate, it can count your shells, see what hit and where..I won't go on but you see where I'm going.

Since this is a very intensive part of the game you would think "it" would be aware of what happened, we know "it" is as it penalizes us.

The model needs to be taught morals and discernment and a basic knowledge right of or wrong.

Not seeing a problem as it's most built in right now

This is my first post that has been a bit of negative, I must be getting an old hand and familiar, time to leave.

Edited by OraPits