You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dark_Tenshi

Having problem with fighting german BB

23 comments in this topic

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,939 battles

Nowdays I see a lot of german battleships take part of the battle.

And here's the problem.

If I fight from far distance, its ok, but whenever I accidently get close to the german BB, I'm a dead man.......

how do you prove this problem in the game?

I mean how do you fight german BB in the close range?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

I disguise myself as a whaling ship and then at the last moment I mount the union jack and blast away at them.

Jokes aside, some more information would be nice, which ships versus which german BBs.

Generally the idea is to hurt them more than they can hurt you, but I doubt the problem is this basic.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Kite them away, that's the basic of dealing with charging ships. And use the superior caliber/firepower to [content removed] their superstructure.

Inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,939 battles

I disguise myself as a whaling ship and then at the last moment I mount the union jack and blast away at them.

Jokes aside, some more information would be nice, which ships versus which german BBs.

Generally the idea is to hurt them more than they can hurt you, but I doubt the problem is this basic.

I usually play DD.

Before I try to torp him, he gets me with his main or secondary turrets, and if I try to run away , I get a lot of dmg from these deadly secondary......

I know it's my fault to get close to german BB,but still I want to see some hope here....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

I usually play DD.

Before I try to torp him, he gets me with his main or secondary turrets, and if I try to run away , I get a lot of dmg from these deadly secondary......

I know it's my fault to get close to german BB,but still I want to see some hope here....

Getting close to any nation's BB is always a risk, always be prepared for the worst aka:

He knows you're coming, HE is loaded and he's an actually halfway decent player, i.e. your torpedoes will at best get 1-2 hits.

Take the lessons you gain in-game as they teach you how important situational awareness is and don't take anything for granted.

Rock, paper, scissors is fine and dandy until you run into someone who doesn't care about it.

Edited by Retia

671 posts
1,508 battles

I usually play DD.

If your in a Russian or American DD engage her at a distance and let your friends do the massive damage, if your alone you run, you run like you are getting chased by bullies, if your in a Japanese DD do the same but the difference is when you run you chuck torpedoes at her. And smoke when you run.

Edited by ShadoPulse

66 posts
1,373 battles

I usually play DD.

When I get close to a German BB in my DD:

He dies, I die. But I get "It's just a flesh wound!".

[APS]
80 posts
6,488 battles

My best moment in a German Bayern was when their cruiser was masking their DD, my secondaries mostly killed both and then I died to torps. Now I take rudder shift to be very aggressive against NOT Russian DDs. 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I just want to add from the advice above, some of which are good. I see you are in low tiers and probably is fighting the lower tiered german BBs.

Konig and Kaiser are monsters and are very accurate. They are also impervious to almost any attempts of citadel hits. Best way to deal with those 2 is to angle your ship and aim at his upper belt and above(aim higher) using AP. Dont dream of getting citadels from them, just focus on a steady, high-damage salvos on his decks, superstructures and upper belt.

Starting at Bayern(tier6) and above, remember that they will become quite inaccurate but with greatly improved secondary guns so they are in disadvantage at long range sniping. Gneisenau(tier 7) is a monster that needs a special mention as it combines agility, armor and speed in one package with torps as if it's not powerful enough yet.

Like they say, you can kite but you need to kite above 10.6km if you are fighting a bismarck(tier 8) as the secondaries starts to shoot at that range. Avoid brawling with them as they also have a fast rotating turret that can keep up with their tight turns.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,225 battles

I think that's the plan for every encounter in WoWS.

In fact, in any game involving combat/conflict.

In fact, in real life where there's combat/conflict.

Thanks, Captain Obvious :P

Tee

Super Tester
802 posts

The mini map is your friend. You can't be shot at if you're not detected :)

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

Imo, German battleships are kinda over-rated and over hyped. You have to remember, most of the players who are active in forum are much better players and in actually PvP, you will hardly see competent German BB players. What I do is, try to figure out how good the enemy BB is from his action, if I find him a noob, I can do whatever I like. Lol.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Imo, German battleships are kinda over-rated and over hyped. You have to remember, most of the players who are active in forum are much better players and in actually PvP, you will hardly see competent German BB players. What I do is, try to figure out how good the enemy BB is from his action, if I find him a noob, I can do whatever I like. Lol.

Considering the oversized aoba is still on the top by a quite big margin.. Most German BB player, especially in high tier is way more competent then average people who drives their counterparts. For now. 

Now, for me I prefer having a gneisenau on my team rather than nagato. 

There are exceptions however..

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

Considering the oversized aoba is still on the top by a quite big margin.. Most German BB player, especially in high tier is way more competent then average people who drives their counterparts. For now. 

Now, for me I prefer having a gneisenau on my team rather than nagato. 

There are exceptions however..

Can't agree more though. At the beginning of the match when I see Fuso and Kongo players (or Nagato in some cases) I pray "Please be a good player". But recently there are lot of Bismarck and Gneisenau that stay far back. Guess what, those players finally unlocked the high tier German BBs, it took a while for them lol.

83 posts
2,984 battles

The thing is, the germans are the more "user friendly" ones. You can do better on a german bb than the other two lines combined with the same amount of effort and skill. how to beat one? torp. dont have one? ur probably on a bb. instead of kiting just cqc him.yes. provided you hide ur citadel you will outdamage him by a veeeery large margin with just normal pens