Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

so this is the reason why i rarely score citadel against other battleship with my Bismarck..

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i though i'm the only one having hard time scoring citadel against battleship with bismarck. it turns out she has hard time scoring citadel against battleship even against lightly armoured amagi.

and i though bismarck are so good at close quarter battle.  :(

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

amagi is a exception, unless you know where to aim, the shells will either bounce, overpenn, or just do regular damage, it is almost stupid how troll the amagi's armor is

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

amagi is a exception, unless you know where to aim, the shells will either bounce, overpenn, or just do regular damage, it is almost stupid how troll the amagi's armor is

really? i have no problem scoring citadel on her with 16" guns of my colorado.

i mange to score citadel against twice yesterday with bismarck. one low hp and one with almost full HP, i shot her on the upper part near her front guns and i score a citadel. but yeah most of the time i fire at broadsiding amagi i score bounce or overpen, it really rustle my jimmies.

care to share where should we aim to deal heavy damage against her?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

That's because Bismarck has 380mm while Colorado has 406mm, some caliber shennanigans happen here.

Try to compare it with Tirpitz who has same guns

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Amagi citadel lays slightly bellow waterline

Bismark / Tirpitz gun arent good enough for Bellow water penetration

and

the shell is so fast, resulting trajectory is so flat, that the shell dont "dive" into citadel - it just pass and explode overhead the citadel

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Amagi rides low which makes sniping its citadel pretty hard, and when it angles good luck to even do damage against it with 15" guns or less

That being said, the citadel is still there. I've oneshotted an Amagi with my Bismarck before.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

It's explained in the reddit thread Aeroon posted this in. Amagi has a low-lying citadel, and her belt armour is backed by another angled layer behind. Bismarck's (and Tirpitz's) light 15" shells will pen the belt, but ricochet off the top of the citadel armour. 16" shells are more likely to punch right through.

67 posts
14 battles

Amagi is a little bit tricky to citadel because she rides really low in the water for battleships, regardless, I've citadeled multiple amagis before with plunging shells

And it's annoying because the exact same happens with north carolina 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

But I get random pen hits as well when I play Amagi (well, I never go broadside). Its like you bow tank one salvo completely, and the next one enemy randomly gets 8K damage.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

i though i'm the only one having hard time scoring citadel against battleship with bismarck. it turns out she has hard time scoring citadel against battleship even against lightly armoured amagi.

I don't wanna get to conclusions untill I know each and every ship's capability to citadel it's counter part

67 posts
14 battles

I don't have any issues with Amagi, even if I don't get a citadel a few normal pen will also shave 10-20k off her HP pool easily

Problem is that NCs are really hard to citadel at close range, even in an amagi...

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Problem is that NCs are really hard to citadel at close range, even in an amagi...

True, the only thing to do if NC is close is to try and knock out those guns. Or any competent NC player will mess up your day :P I usually hold my fire in close brawls so that I can hit the sweet spots (haha yeah, you need to know where to hit on shich ship from what angle for max output). (For example tirpitz and bismarck can be citadelled from the front turrets).

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

True, the only thing to do if NC is close is to try and knock out those guns. Or any competent NC player will mess up your day :P I usually hold my fire in close brawls so that I can hit the sweet spots (haha yeah, you need to know where to hit on shich ship from what angle for max output). (For example tirpitz and bismarck can be citadelled from the front turrets).

Eh3LYy3.jpg

Best thing to do in a bismarck against an NC in short range is to use your agility as advantage and burn him with your secondaries. Kill him slowly but steadily while angling your ship to bounce those APs

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Best thing to do in a bismarck against an NC in short range is to use your agility as advantage and burn him with your secondaries. Kill him slowly but steadily while angling your ship to bounce those APs

Broadside of NC is always a juicy target. Yeah, NCs rudder is so painfully slow.

Sign in to follow this