Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pack_m

Why Asia server has no Flag in Premium shop?

34 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Two things, really.

Ours cycles around once a month or so. Only NA and RU have the signals always on the shop - EU has it on limited time cycles, like us. Helps with the pay 2 win accusations.

Second is that Asia server is ranked 3rd of the four servers when it comes to average money spent (only RU spends less per-capita than us, but they have a MASSIVE playerbase that makes up for it in sheer numbers). This is not really due to the lack of stuff to buy on the premium shop - we cycle through more limited-time ships and stuff than the other servers. It's likely a marketing strategy (artificial scarcity) to get players to buy stuff off the premium shop. WG's not a charity, after all. Though, if you want stuff, vote with your wallet - popular purchases are more likely to become permanent additions to the shop.

because asia server is the worst

Ah yes, how witty and original.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

When NA server has Nothing, no one bats an eye

When Sea Server have something less, everyone lose their mind

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Second is that Asia server is ranked 3rd of the four servers when it comes to average money spent

But if we have more stuff in shiop, peoples will spent more money right :trollface:?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But if we have more stuff in shiop, peoples will spent more money right :trollface:?

When we *had* more stuff in shop, people *didn't* spend money. The average Asia player spends 3.4x more than an RU player. The average EU player spends 5x more, the average NA player, 7x. This data was acquired *before* the addition of the permanent premiums, which means all the servers were basically cycling through the same ships with the same premium shop, and Asia was getting new releases before EU, and with unbundled ships and generally lower prices.

That's why we have limited-time cycles that cycle more frequently. It's the same principle as pre-order bonuses or limited edition stuff - artificial scarcity is designed to more effectively market goods to a market that's less open in spending their money.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

When we *had* more stuff in shop, people *didn't* spend money.

But with less stuff even we willing to we cant spent more right ? i just dont get what is cons having more stuff in shop ?

I mean is not like WG have to stock in-game item before selling it (or they actually do??), just be there so peoples who want it can buy it wont hurt WG right ?

And WG can still back stab them with flags bundle as usual that also cont as WG profit and i dont mind :D:D:D

Having less stuff in shop then complain about not generating profit seem kinda weird for me :trollface:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But with less stuff even we willing to we cant spent more right ? i just dont get what is cons having more stuff in shop ?

I mean is not like WG have to stock in-game item before selling it (or they actually do??), just be there so peoples who want it can buy it wont hurt WG right ?

And WG can still back stab them with flags bundle as usual that also cont as WG profit and i dont mind :D:D:D

Having less stuff in shop then complain about not generating profit seem kinda weird for me :trollface:

That's why we have limited-time cycles that cycle more frequently. It's the same principle as pre-order bonuses or limited edition stuff - artificial scarcity is designed to more effectively market goods to a market that's less open in spending their money.

Simple explanation. Person sees object X. Doesn't really want to buy it. Someone sticks a "LIMITED EDITION" sticker on object. Psychologically speaking, this makes person X want to buy it more than if it didn't have that  sticker on. Even if the object is exactly the same in every way.

That's how the Asia premium shop works because we generate the least amount of money for WG.

We don't have less stuff than the other servers' premium shops. We have the same amount of stuff, but available in limited cycled periods.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Not necessarily, if an item just sits there people won't buy it until they need it. On the other hand if you know it's only going to be there for a limited amount of time people who want it are more likely to buy her. IE: Impulse buying. Shops will make a lot more money from that, than keeping it permanently available. Flags especially are only going to be used by those who know how to use them properly.

Ships though is really just clever marketing. Just look at all the complaining going on about premium ship release delays. The forum just builds up more and more hype over the future releases, so any delay just builds more hype and in turn WG sales.... Any ship kept permanently on sale just becomes an ornament just collecting dust, whilst any rerelease ship is like a whole new toy for players and don't forget they're marketing towards new players all the time.   

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Not necessarily, if an item just sits there people won't buy it until they need it

I think peoples always need EXP/Credits and there a EXP/Credits flag that can be sell all year long :trollface:

Ships though is really just clever marketing. Just look at all the complaining going on about premium ship release

Simple explanation. Person sees object X. Doesn't really want to buy it. Someone sticks a "LIMITED EDITION" sticker on object. Psychologically speaking

I think those explanation is for Premium ships,  flags are more like Type 6 camo that peoples always have impulse to spend in order to speed grind and get away from certain ship.

Im shall stand that having "flags" sell in Premium shop or In-game wont hurt things and WG can always put flags bundle any time if they want to speed up the sell.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I can see your point about those 2 types. Maybe they could do a dragon flag sale!

That a little bit P2W but i dont care just sell it so WG make profit and stop complain about SEA spend less :trollface:

No interesting stuff to sell why i have to buy right ??? :D:D:D

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I think peoples always need EXP/Credits and there a EXP/Credits flag that can be sell all year long :trollface:

I think those explanation is for Premium ships,  flags are more like Type 6 camo that peoples always have impulse to spend in order to speed grind and get away from certain ship.

Im shall stand that having "flags" sell in Premium shop or In-game wont hurt things and WG can always put flags bundle any time if they want to speed up the sell.

It applies to any purchase in the premium shop, flags included. It's pretty much "I'll buy it if I need it" (for always available) vs "I better buy it in case I need it" (for timed sales).

End of the day, only WG has their sales data, and despite what people think, they're honestly pretty good at making money - last we checked, they had pretty insane revenues, and they've got enough cash lying around to throw at MoO, and open up WG Labs. 

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

because, an average RU player spends more money on vodka? :hiding:

open up WG Labs. 

and speaking of WG Labs, oh how I wish someone make a boat (literally) dating sim for them to fund :hide_turtle:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Second is that Asia server is ranked 3rd of the four servers when it comes to average money spent (only RU spends less per-capita than us, but they have a MASSIVE playerbase that makes up for it in sheer numbers). This is not really due to the lack of stuff to buy on the premium shop - we cycle through more limited-time ships and stuff than the other servers. It's likely a marketing strategy (artificial scarcity) to get players to buy stuff off the premium shop. WG's not a charity, after all. Though, if you want stuff, vote with your wallet - popular purchases are more likely to become permanent additions to the shop.

how can we spend our money if there's nothing good to buy? i wanted to buy kutozov for this rank season but she's not on the shop. nor i will receive bonus flag if i buy her using doubloon.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

and why are camouflage only gives exp, where are the camouflage that give extra credits? 

if i wanted to buy an expensive camouflage, i want something that can be very useful for grinding. i don't want to convert exp to free exp.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

how can we spend our money if there's nothing good to buy? i wanted to buy kutozov for this rank season but she's not on the shop. nor i will receive bonus flag if i buy her using doubloon.

We don't have less stuff than the other servers' premium shops. We have the same amount of stuff, but available in limited cycled periods.

There *is* stuff to buy, it just pops up on a timer. What the store is designed to do is this: You say you were thinking of getting Mikhail Kutusov, but the store doesn't have it right now. So the next time it pops up in the store with that time limit ticking down, you're going to remember wanting the Mikhail Kutusov and it's going to create the pressure to buy it before it disappears again. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It applies to any purchase in the premium shop, flags included. It's pretty much "I'll buy it if I need it" (for always available) vs "I better buy it in case I need it" (for timed sales).

What about "FDG **** i need london flags now" (for always available and buy it at full price) then saw 20% discount bundle later on "i should've stock it in case of Baltimore" (for cheaper timed sales)

So far this is not my problems and i dont need to buy flags anyways so either way im fine :trollface:

nor i will receive bonus flag if i buy her using doubloon.

Actually you get Ship cheaper by using doubloon, cuz if you buying doubloon at discount price/largest pack it will cost less than bying ship at retail price (and with discount port slots and free doubloon from contest can make price even lower than sales).

except you looking for flags bundle and stuff which i found that not really worth thinking about.

So doubloon is the best way of buying Premium Ship in my opinion.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

What about "FDG **** i need london flags now" (for always available and buy it at full price) then saw 20% discount bundle later on "i should've stock it in case of Baltimore" (for cheaper timed sales)

So far this is not my problems and i dont need to buy flags anyways so either way im fine :trollface:

Actually you get Ship cheaper by using doubloon, cuz if you buying doubloon at discount price/largest pack it will cost less than bying ship at retail price (and with discount port slots and stuff can make price even lower than sales).

except you looking for flags bundle and stuff which i found that not really worth thinking about.

So doubloon is the best way of buying Premium Ship in my opinion.

i don't have enough money for a 100usd doubloon pack... maybe next month.

and Civ IV is going to be release this month. i'm saving some of my money for that.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i don't have enough money for a 100usd doubloon pack... maybe next month.

and Civ IV is going to be release this month. i'm saving some of my money for that.

In that case you should not buy Kutuzov (and it not the best Ranked Cruiser anyways) :D:D:D

Atago all the way :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

In that case you should not buy Kutuzov (and it not the best Ranked Cruiser anyways) :D:D:D

Atago all the way :P

oh yeah, i'm using her and for some reason i have more success on her than on bismarck. but i still wanted kutozov for my russian CA grinding.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

oh yeah, i'm using her and for some reason i have more success on her than on bismarck. but i still wanted kutozov for my russian CA grinding.

Well save it for later sales and special discount then.

Most Ranked players are more happy to see Atagon than Kutuzov (cuz it get one shot at first 5 min) :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this