You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

why dont we have server equality

54 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I have opened this thread for everyone to discuss the different treatment of the servers, by now I’m sure that even the most oblivious people playing wows has noticed a major difference on how WG handles each of the servers, in the below section we are going to give a list of the difference in treatment for the servers below, I hope that you guys can be give some constructive input and not just shitpost(though we don’t mind shitposting  =3)

*we wont be talking about the difference between the player meta, play style or saltiness of the servers, just the servers*

Even though Asia is a rather small server in terms of populations, it has gotten quite a few perks over NA and EU, Asia is the first server to get the Tirpitz and blys, first to get the R missions and first to get the arp missions, the only server to guarantee a kamikaze R for every player who has met the mission requirements. Asia also have the most arp missions, flag packages(correct me if im wrong) and missions on the forums

But Asia also have some things that are inferior to the other servers, for example, our missions. While our missions are very easy to do, give very little rewards. The last weekly mission only gave 15 doubloons for doing 50 million damage, and the “1st” one year anniversary only gave a “weeb” (I’m a weeb too, but just saying…) haifuri flag, a total of 800k credits  and 1.1xp per win for the missions, even the Arp missions yielded less rewards then EU and NA. In  EU, they can receive a LV16 captain right off the bat, and NA had great rewards during the mission stages, meanwhile in Asia, players received a bunch of iona clones

Asia also has the worst prem shop of all the servers, a very small selection of ships, relatively worse packages then EU and NA that are long and far between

EU also have quite a few perks, they have a pretty good prem shop, and nowadays has prem ships coming out the 2nd fastest, just behind NA, they have pretty good missions like the one where they received a campletown and a 12 point RN captain, quite a few x2 first win XP event and discounts events on certain prem ships(30% off on Saipan and Indi), like during this 1 year anniversary ,Furthermore, they have had special large scale events like the “Grand Naval Battle”

But they also have gotten the short end of the sticks more then once, they have few Arp missions, and the regular missions aren’t as good as NA’s and are harder then Asia’s, and (again, correct me if im wrong), they don’t have the upcoming Arp takao missions and haifuri collaborations

NA has a good prem shop, even the best prem shop as some might argue, both the quality and quantity of the NA prem shop is top notch, there is a wide selection of prem ships a permanent flag packages (equal speed Charlie London,  zulu hotel, india bravo terrathree, zulu and papa papa), with 100 of each in the package

The mission rewards are also plentiful , for the Arp missions, they get X2 XP first win and X2 captain XP for every win, regardless of whether or not the ship in question is a arp ship, there also are missions that give you prem camo and exp flags, there has even been a mission to give out misaka in the past, and finally there is the military month flag, which doesn’t just look good, but also gives a 5% boost to all earnings

But even a server with as many perks as NA has some downsides to it, same as EU, they also have very few Arp missions compared to Asia, and they also don’t have the haifuri collab or Arp takao, and they had a worse 1 year anniversary compared to EU

If you didn’t know how unequal the 3 servers, by now you surely do. The players on NA and EU want more Arp missions and easier missions, and we players on Asia want a better prem shop and more rewards for missions

I believe that all the servers have a right to treated equally, and that all players, regardless of which server he/she/it is playing should get the same amounts of benefits  as players on another server.

When all of the servers have equal rewards, the player dissatisfaction will go down and make the game batter for all

Some players might say “we don’t have this, so make them not have that to compensate”

But I think that if you care about the state of others, then they in turn will care about your state, and if you turn a blind eye, then vice versa.

We should have cooperation, fairness and friendships between the servers, not jealousy and salt over which server is better and why ours isn’t as good

1 last thing I want to point out, things will never change if we don’t fight for it, I hope that we can create a “server quality” movement and fight for our equal gaming rights, I have opened this thread to ask for suggestions and ideas, i welcome ideas and input, and the occasional shitpost, and hope that we can come up with some ideas on how to make the server better

Thank you in advance for your imput, and Viva la revolución.(and have a potato while you're at it)

:P

Edited by drakon233

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

as opposed to NA and EU which had a system of entering players who met the mission requirements into a raffle to gamble for a chance to win a limited number of kamikaze Rs.

Actually in the end both WG NA & EU went the same way as ASIA and just gave them out to all who qualified - they did kept the raffle but the requirements for that were lower than those to get a guaranteed ship

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Actually in the end both WG NA & EU went the same way as ASIA and just gave them out to all who qualified - they did kept the raffle but the requirements for that were lower than those to get a guaranteed ship

thanks for informing me of that

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I think the reason why our server's prem shop sucks is because we spent the least, thus WG don't put stuff on sale all the time but only on limited occasions to promote spending (as in if u don't get it now, it's likely you'll have to wait for a long while for 2nd chance, aka now or never sort of. it's customer psychology stuff).

Still, I disliked that though.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

48 posts

Great post and I agree 100%. I can understand small differences to take into consideration the different nationalities buying styles. But I don't understand why the 3 servers have to be so different, especially the premium shops. I asked WG if I could purchase from the NA or EU premium shop but was politely told no . 

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

I would love some more missions though. Missions are ok here in terms of difficulty to reward. But they get completed on the first day and then we sit and wait a long time for them.

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,649 battles

I'm here only to talk about the Kamikaze event.

From the surface it seems we do get sightly better odds at getting the ship reward, but anyone who actually do know what happened during the event will counter something otherwise.

To start with, we were the first server to implement the event, which sounds nice. But by then devs obviously didn't know HOW to design their missions, the milestone requirements were simply absurd compared to how many pearls players can actually collect throughout the event. Someone actually did the math, even with all players in server clearing every daily missions each and everyday throughout the event, none will ever get the reward ship due to public milestone goals.

There were other multiple minor nuisances sprinkled across daily missions, and it wasn't after many fixes and tweaks when we finally had an acceptable event to accomplish, all of these happened DURING the event. Srsly WG staffs, was it that hard to test out your products prior to release rather having the entire server population to become human guinea pigs?

Other servers had their Kamikaze event primed and polished many thanks to the carnage the asia server had endured, after all those suffering you call this a privilege?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't backup your arguments regarding the Kamikaze event.

Edited by LurkingDeath

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
well the APR ships are Asian and thus have a lot more interest in Asia then any other server because the carton is from Japan so that's the only reason why Asia get more APR than any other server.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

To be fair, the Yokosuka Girls' Marine High School flag was for TGS and not part of the anniversary.

and i still wonder why they give it "FIRST" then the ARP one

Super Tester
419 posts
4,223 battles

I think WG should have a test promotion sale with actual good ship not in bundle to check how Asia server respond to it. Most of the time the sale is in bundle which contain stuff that the player dont really want that skyrocket the price making them reluctant to pay for it. Most of the players i know would buy ships like saipan/blyskawica/scharnhorst. Their price isn't too expensive like the tier 8 and they don't have to play with newbie in tier 4-5, also they can be use as captain trainer. Some would go buy a ship to seal club but most people still prefer the tier 7 ship because the players there at least have an idea about what they are doing most of the time (line and island hugger are still big issues though). 

TLDR 

Asia don't buy low tier because except for seal clubber, down there is frustrating to play

Tier 8 are too expensive in most case

Tier 7-6 are good, but the bundle hurt the sale quite a bit and popular ships are not always avaible. Also some ship are ridiculously unforgiving (Atlanta,Indianapolis) if they buy it but don't understand its playstyle the moment they drive it

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles

Honestly, I think it's because WG very much overestimates the benefits of (or their ability to) tailoring to specific markets, and underestimates the amount of bad press caused by perceived bias towards some servers.

All whining about some servers being better than others aside the differences between what we get are all actually really minor - sometimes one server gets a premium and another doesn't, sometimes one mission has different requirements or rewards etc etc

Sure, it's good in theory to tailor to different markets but i just don't see the WG approach actually pulling that off, they'd have to invest in their regional teams more, and give them more influence over the development of the game, for that to be effective (interestingly that's exactly what they had to do in mainland China and the Chinese server is far and away the most different). But the relative cultural isolation of China is a unique situation, and outside of that there is far too much interaction among us all for differences between severs to be tolerated - even the smallest perceived disadvantage is seized upon with huge quantities of salt.

IMHO the best thing for them to do at this stage is decide that all missions, premium shop items, and game patches be identical in content and delivery, and arrive within 24 hours of each other across every sever. That way, everyone gets the same toys and all the regional offices need to be in charge of is the pricing, website translation and maintenance, and community engagement.

Edited by Webba84

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Just to note - we were also the first server to get unbundled ships (started all the way back with Mikasa). Also, the Asia premium shop ships are a couple dollars cheaper than the identical bundles on EU and NA (and believe me, I checked when I was based in the UK).

As for the premium ships for sale, IIRC, Asia has less permanent premiums (though, last I checked, some more desirable ones gotten earlier - before EU), but on the flipside, cycles through the non-permanent premiums faster than the other servers. We've cycled through most recently, Krasny Krym, Kamikaze (which hasn't been resold on the other server shops yet, I believe) and Texas, and before that, Yuubari/Smith/Emden/Diana, Arizona, Molotov, and Anshan. So we've got a wider variety over the month, with the catch being if you miss the sale, you'll have to wait for the next. And people don't like waiting.

Frankly, being a frequent visitor of EU over the past year and regular checkup on NA, it's very, very much a grass greener situation. It really pisses me off to see players who've not spent extended amounts of time on EU and NA going around yelling that Asia server is the worst. Each server has its perks and its bad points. None of them are perfect, but none of them are truly bad. Not like how World of Tanks SEA used to be. Which is why I called the Asia server worst server meme spammed everywhere a childish tantrum.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Just to note - we were also the first server to get unbundled ships (started all the way back with Mikasa). Also, the Asia premium shop ships are a couple dollars cheaper than the identical bundles on EU and NA (and believe me, I checked when I was based in the UK).

As for the premium ships for sale, IIRC, Asia has less permanent premiums (though, last I checked, some more desirable ones gotten earlier - before EU), but on the flipside, cycles through the non-permanent premiums faster than the other servers. We've cycled through most recently, Krasny Krym, Kamikaze (which hasn't been resold on the other server shops yet, I believe) and Texas, and before that, Yuubari/Smith/Emden/Diana, Arizona, Molotov, and Anshan. So we've got a wider variety over the month, with the catch being if you miss the sale, you'll have to wait for the next. And people don't like waiting.

Frankly, being a frequent visitor of EU over the past year and regular checkup on NA, it's very, very much a grass greener situation. It really pisses me off to see players who've spent extended amounts of time on EU and NA going around yelling that Asia server is the worst. Each server has its perks and its bad points. None of them are perfect, but none of them are truly bad. Not like how World of Tanks SEA used to be. Which is why I called the Asia server worst server meme spammed everywhere a childish tantrum.

First server to get fujin and the other T2 for $100 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

First server to get fujin and the other T2 for $100 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

With a year of premium time, at something like 20%-30% discount overall? Let's not fudge stuff here. The year's premium were what was offered on sale, while bundled with single-release premiums (Fuujin was never even released on Asia, while Yuubari, Emden and Diana saw very limited releases). It's a ship bundle for collectors. You can take up the issue that the premium bundles sold during the anniversary weren't targeted at the majority hungry for the t6-t8 premiums, but it wasn't a bad bundle for those looking for the 360-day premium account.

And you know, we've got Kamikaze (the *exact* same ship as Fuujin with a different paint scheme) on sale now. For 15SGD/~10USD.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,025 battles

With a year of premium time, at something like 20%-30% discount overall? Let's not fudge stuff here. The year's premium were what was offered on sale, while bundled with single-release premiums (Fuujin was never even released on Asia, while Yuubari, Emden and Diana saw very limited releases). It's a ship bundle for collectors. You can take up the issue that the premium bundles sold during the anniversary weren't targeted at the majority hungry for the t6-t8 premiums, but it wasn't a bad bundle for those looking for the 360-day premium account.

And you know, we've got Kamikaze (the *exact* same ship as Fuujin with a different paint scheme) on sale now. For 15SGD/~10USD.

To be fair, the Kamikaze was sold... after the announcement of part 2 events for the anniversary (which seemed very off). Was it meant to be split into 2 parts or something?

54 posts
7,188 battles

Also, the Asia premium shop ships are a couple dollars cheaper than the identical bundles on EU and NA (and believe me, I checked when I was based in the UK).

Not by alot, Unless you the kind of player that purchase lots of multiple bundles, the saving is quite insignificant

So why cant we have the same amount of permanent premiums? NA has permanent saipan molotov, KKreme and the t2 ones. EU has permanent eugen, saipan, scharnhorst, arizona, dunkkek, Kkreme.

And thats just the premium shop difference. What about the events? Im not a anime hater, but its seems like all we have over other serves is missions that give us a ships that is completely the same as the tech tree one over and over again. While NA has things like Fast track to t10, Military month flag that actually do something rather than just cosmetics. EU had grand naval battles. Lets not forget we were not part of the high tier repair discount "experiment" thing

Frankly, being a frequent visitor of EU over the past year and regular checkup on NA, it's very, very much a grass greener situation. It really pisses me off to see players who've not spent extended amounts of time on EU and NA going around yelling that Asia server is the worst. Each server has its perks and its bad points. None of them are perfect, but none of them are truly bad. Not like how World of Tanks SEA used to be. Which is why I called the Asia server worst server meme spammed everywhere a childish tantrum.

And yet it because of the "sea worst server" meme spam that kinda made them did a better job for the anniversary. Everyone benefited, but I say its the ones spamming that meme was the cause of the anniversary part 2 thing. You benefited, and yet you called the meme that arguably made WG did a part 2 anniversary event a childish tantrum. LOL

Edited by AKagai42

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

I'm fine with the premium shop.

Sometimes we get a certain ship early, sometimes we don`t.

The bundles and 'special sales' are indeed crap.

I don`t like how the whole Asia server is infested with anime related events and ships.

If it was a Japanese server it would be... hmm... fine, but I don`t think the majory of the players are into that kinda stuff.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

And yet it because of the "sea worst server" meme spam that kinda made them did a better job for the anniversary. Everyone benefited, but I say its the ones spamming that meme was the cause of the anniversary part 2 thing. You benefited, and yet you called the meme that arguably made WG did a part 2 anniversary event a childish tantrum. LOL

As with World of Tanks, events are planned and scheduled weeks in advance. I saw the spam and I saw the petition that was put out. Even accounting for it generously, maybe 500, or even a thousand players were actively protesting. Out of a playerbase of one hundred thousand accounts active during the anniversary, as seen from the anniversary achievements. If WG bowed that easily to a vocal minority, we'd see a really different game than what we currently have.

I don`t like how the whole Asia server is infested with anime related events and ships.

If it was a Japanese server it would be... hmm... fine, but I don`t think the majory of the players are into that kinda stuff.

Back in the days of WoT, the WoT JP server was around the same size as WoTNA, and bigger than SEA. The WoWS Asia server is the amalgamation of SEA and JP (with TW and KR thrown in the mix). I wouldn't be surprised if the JP community is the single largest national community on WoWS Asia. Not to mention quite a few senior WoWS Asia staff are based in Japan.

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,649 battles

Those anime events and missions were also implemented in other regional servers iirc, it's the server's homepage which made the difference.

Asia server uses more anime related materials to propagate its product compared to other regional servers.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I prefer our premium ship bundles over everyone else's. Just look at the PE, you could get it here as a ship and port slot for around $60 yet didn't everyone else have to have extras as well (seriously over $133). As long as they give us the cheap option then I'm happy, we're also cheaper normally than everyone else so maybe they're also catering for some poor countries in Asia as well. 

No idea why they don't release everything across all servers though together as this is pretty much WG's biggest failing with the shop.

I'm not a big fan of ARP ship rewards but that's only because I'd like a few non ARP ships mixed in as rewards as well. I have played a couple of Nachi games now as I quite like the green on her.

Missions, well I never even worry about any missions or challenges to be honest, if it fits with what I'm playing at the time, great I get them but if not O well I don't really care. The rewards aren't particularly worth the effort here anyway. Credits, well I almost always make credits and flags in game, so unless they're specifically meant for my play style no biggie. It would be great to have WoT's mission system as they seem to be like a campaign than a weekends worth.  

All in all, I can honestly say the rewards, challenges, give away's, missions ETC have absolutely no bearing on me, my playstyle or enjoyment within the game as they're not special enough to make me think "wow I need to do that". Should it change? Well it's a F2p game anyway, so I'm happy with anything extra they are nice enough to throw my way. I'm not going to complain.

A question on the other servers missions where they get 3x XP for the first win, well that's okay if you want to play all of your ships, but if you're grinding a line then x1.1 would work out better wouldn't it.

Would I change server - nope, for all it's issues every server has them and it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't..

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

As with World of Tanks, events are planned and scheduled weeks in advance. I saw the spam and I saw the petition that was put out. Even accounting for it generously, maybe 500, or even a thousand players were actively protesting. Out of a playerbase of one hundred thousand accounts active during the anniversary, as seen from the anniversary achievements. If WG bowed that easily to a vocal minority, we'd see a really different game than what we currently have.

Back in the days of WoT, the WoT JP server was around the same size as WoTNA, and bigger than SEA. The WoWS Asia server is the amalgamation of SEA and JP (with TW and KR thrown in the mix). I wouldn't be surprised if the JP community is the single largest national community on WoWS Asia. Not to mention quite a few senior WoWS Asia staff are based in Japan.

No offense Syanda but how does the "part two" of WoWS Asia Anniversary event was planned weeks in advance? How is making the "first part" of the Anniversary horribly mediocre going to make fireworks flies? And for the record, other servers doesn't get that 'part two' that Asia server 'exclusively' get. Right now we're all gonna assume that the 'part two' is a knee-jerk response from Asia against the infamous meme. Are you saying that its intentional?

You've yet to answer Strat's question too:

To be fair, the Kamikaze was sold... after the announcement of part 2 events for the anniversary (which seemed very off). Was it meant to be split into 2 parts or something?

And to add, even though the Fujin bundle was well worth the money, not all people had the capability to blow $100 a pop.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

We have better community contributors.

~snip~

Edited by Haku