You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Aircraft Carrier Toggle

16 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

HI,

Is there anyway I can set the game so that I don't drop into games with aircraft carriers?

The only balance for a good CV player is another good CV player, to often their skill levels are so far out of sync its horrible to be part of. 

Just had a ranked battle with CV's and no BB's, our CV captain was still launching his planes and watching them go around and around and around, while their CV had scouted the caps, bombed the DD's and flown back to re load and have tea :) he was a good player.

That's the issue though as you will only have 1-2 CV's, normally only 1 on each side, so there is no real counter if yours is broke, unless both are hopeless then yea not really an issue lol.

Anyway people must want them in the game, that's nice and all, I'd be happy to wait a bit longer for drops if that's what it took to avoid them entirely, they truly detract from my enjoyment of the game. 

671 posts
1,508 battles

That's the part of the game, you can't toggle no CV, because most people will also click on that toggle, less games with CV. And as a DD player myself I like having a CV on the enemy team, like an extra added challenge. And if they do add a no CV toggle(probably won't) can they add a no arty in WoT:)

Edited by ShadoPulse

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

I didn't mention DD's, BUT a strong DD can be countered by any of the other ship classes that has a good player at the helm, some are better then others that have sonar or radar but no I won't complain as that counter exists and works, I have no issue with any of the other ship types due to the fact that any of the people on your team can prove to be the counter to that strong ship, only your CV can counter their strong CV though.

Your argument does not address the issue with different skill CV players and my comment is not a complaint about how OP CV's are, just how unbalanced they make a game when the 2 players have different levels of skill. 

Anyway as the game includes CV's and that will not change I'd like a way to remove them from mine, I pay Premium because this is a good game and deserves my support and its very cheap for the fun I get, that fun reduces due to CV's.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

As for WoT's yea do whatever I don't play it, I'd like a way to avoid CV's. I don't expect to see one as it would reduce the CV player base to the point where they would have to play co-op for a battle but still if you don't ask you don't get generally speaking. 

I'm not asking them to remove CV's or Nerf them or change them, equal skill captains add to the game and are fun, 1 in 10 games I might see equal skill CV captains, its a ship that needs player skill to balance and you can't program that so you can never balance them. By all means everyone play them, just don't ask me to play with them. 

Edited by Soloun

66 posts
1,373 battles

I actually find CVs less irritating then WoT's arty. I've got hit by arty whist zigzagging in my Luchs at top speed just as my Sixth Sense kicked in. At least in WoWS you can see the aircraft approaching and take necessary precautions/maneuvers.

Plus, if you include a no-aircraft-carrier toggle button, everyone (except maybe USN CAs and CVs with the Air Superiority loadout) will keep it at "nope".

66 posts
1,373 battles

You mean this?

cuDpwTp.jpg

Someone should update the card; we already have Bismarck (unless they still can't find their tech-tree button, which in that case it should become "Where is tech-tree?")

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,420 battles

So if you had this toggle and almost everyone would use it what does that say about people wanting to play against CV's? 

I like the Bingo card that's funny, lol. 

1,125 posts

me as a IJNDD liner, CV are "Balance Breaker"

have and not have them in match is drastically change fate, play style and outcome of IJNDD

stick with team, guarantee to spot by plane, since more ship attract more plane but safer due to friendly AA

go alone may a bit stealthier, but if being spot, it'll completely helpless and 100% died

this ultra rare outcome can only be possible because CV don't exist in match

shot-16.09.30_03.18.46-0946.jpg

so if I can choose, I rather toggle them off =w='a

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

So if you had this toggle and almost everyone would use it what does that say about people wanting to play against CV's? 

yeah, it was made by Eurobeat I believe.

EB if you are reading this, we need a new bingo card for the ranked season :D

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

yeah, it was made by Eurobeat I believe.

EB if you are reading this, we need a new bingo card for the ranked season :D

I believe it is not created by Eurobeat

Stop claiming things

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,232 battles

No one likes to be forced to do something they don't want to do, and CV precisely does exactly that in the game most of the time. It forces ship to turn undesirably and put their guns out of position, it disables IJN DDs and forces other ships relying on concealment to flee, all of this without the risk being sunk by enemy ship until later in the game.

Not to mention it can be frustrating to play as a CV too. You can be matched against a unicum CV player, with a counter loadout and your game is ended before it is even started. You can be horribly up-tiered especially now T7 and T8 is so common, you reached T6 and now hit a large brick of wall with all those T8 matches where every ship has AA designed to kill planes from carriers sporting twice or even triple the amount of reserves that you have.