You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
admiral_tee

Some assistance - training to Lv15 & moving from 1 ship to another

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Hi all,

The in game description for moving a captain from one ship to another is very unclear. The "help" on the website is also poor.

So, i'm asking for help from the forum.

What I want to do: I have a Lv 15 (i.e. skills 1-5) captain on my Scharnhorst. I want to have that captain on my Bismarck (secondary gun build).

My set up: Premium account, doubloons available, Lv15 captain on the Scharnhorst, Bismarck with potato captain.

What is the best way to get the Lv15 captain from Scharnhorst to Bismarck?
I thought that premium ships were the best way to level up captains but when I click the button to transfer 1 captain from Scharn to Bism, I see that I need to grind another 100'000 XP when he is on the Bism...

If this is correct, and I can't just pay doubloons to move him across with no penalty, then whats the goddamn point of grinding with Premium Ships (besides Credits which I can buy..)?!

Tee

173 posts
5,332 battles

Transfer captain to Bismark, pay for 1/2 retrain then transfer it again to Scharny for the penalty-free retraining of prem ships, then fly dragon and commander xp flag. Should be good for 5, 10 or 15 games.

Edited by KirstieBeau

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

You got that on reverse order.

What you do : Premium Ship Captain (scharnhorst) -> transfered to Regular Ship (Bismark)

What you should do : Any Regular Ship Captain  (Bismark) -> transfered to Premium Ship (Scharnhorst)

then you dont have to pay any retraining fee.

Its the ship that special not the captain

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

You got that on reverse order.

What you do : Premium Ship Captain (scharnhorst) -> transfered to Regular Ship (Bismark)

What you should do : Any Regular Ship Captain  (Bismark) -> transfered to Premium Ship (Scharnhorst)

then you dont have to pay any retraining fee.

Its the ship that special not the captain

Ahh crap.

That's not clear at all in the game or website :/

Ok, so what's the best action for me to take now?

Move the Scharn captain to the Bism and apply flags, premium time and camo and just grind out the 100k XP?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles
  1. Move the potato captain on Bismarck to reserve.
  2. Move Scharn's 15pts captain to Bismarck.
  3. Pay 200k credits to half the retraining exp requirement.
  4. Move the 15pts captain back to Scharn.
  5. Hang all exp booster & dragon flag and play for about 5 games.
  6. After retraining complete, move the captain back to Bismarck. Done.

Also, paying 500 doubloons to instantly retrain captain is a big waste, and so is buying credits with real money.

Might aswell don't buy any premium ship if you have the capability to burn all those cash.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

1. Move the potato captain on Bismarck to reserve.
  2. Move Scharn's 15pts captain to Bismarck.
  3. Pay 200k credits to half the retraining exp requirement.
  4. Move the 15pts captain back to Scharn.
  5. Hang all exp booster & dragon flag and play for about 5 games.
  6. After retraining complete, move the captain back to Bismarck. Done.

Also, paying 500 doubloons to instantly retrain captain is a big waste, and so is buying credits with real money.

Might aswell don't buy any premium ship if you have the capability to burn all those cash.

Thanks for those steps Eurobeat.

WG need to really make that clearer

About the doubloon/money - I don't like the spending the money unless I "have" to.

Tee

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

nope, don't have time to go through all that retraining.  have job, have money = less time doing grinding I don't need to, more time enjoying what I want to.

(agree with credits tho)

Edited by dead_man_walking

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

that is the reason why you need to dismiss any commander that came with the premium ship. they start with 0 skill, unless you dont have any other ship from that nation

Edited by XP_On