Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Peanutflower

Amagi

9 comments in this topic

26 posts
1,989 battles

So, I have just come from the Nagato and I am now on the Amagi. I just need some help understanding what my role is, what I should be doing throughout the game and what I am most effective at killing. If anyone could take the time to help me with this it would b greatly appreciated.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Remember the Kongou? Yeah. Play it like that. Use your speed to dictate the range of engagement. Focus on killing cruisers, or if there are none available, wail on battleships. Under no circumstances do you ever show your broadside, even if this means sacrificing one turret's arc of fire. You're a battlecruiser - kill anything smaller than you, outrun anything larger than you while whittling them down. 

26 posts
1,989 battles

Angling works very nicely in it but the guns seem like they are worse than the Nagato. I think that I just need to get a bit better at reading the map to get myself in a nice firing position.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Angling works very nicely in it but the guns seem like they are worse than the Nagato. I think that I just need to get a bit better at reading the map to get myself in a nice firing position.

They are the same guns as Nagato and the dispersion is much better (till you get the FCS upgrade).

Range is pathetic at that tier till you get the FCS upgrade. 

You have speed, but don't let that make you yolo in the ship. Amagi is good at kiting, you should avoid getting into close quarter battle before the half time. Pick on targets that are showing broadside. If matched in a higher tier, if enemy battleship is bow on to you (if no other target) shoot HE, Amagi HE is totally broken. You will set 1-2 fire per salvo if you hit the target superstrucure.

Amagi angled is almost impossible to pen, amagi's broadside is virtually non existent armor compared to that tier. Also you have the second best torpedo belt in the game (hull B). Always actively evade CV drops and don't worry if you take a few torps, you are not going to sink from that.

Brawling is another story. In a brawl don't be greedy to use the back gun when you know enemy reload might be ready before you can re-angle. (Amagi is not well known for brawling, your situation has to be in favor). Amagi secondaries are extremely good (not as good as Bismarck) but still, extremely good. They melts DDs that come close. Amagi AA is good for up to T7 CVs. Out of the 4 T8 battleships, I feel like Amagi is kinda easiest.

26 posts
1,989 battles

It is nice to know that it gets a lot better when I get the b hull, I`ve been starting to go better in her but I still haven`t played too many games in it. I have to look at that HE too, I might be able to make some bow on NCs very sad.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

It is nice to know that it gets a lot better when I get the b hull, I`ve been starting to go better in her but I still haven`t played too many games in it. I have to look at that HE too, I might be able to make some bow on NCs very sad.

Careful about NC though, NC's long range AP plunges on your deck and often deadly. Also, cqc with NC is difficult unless you know what you are doing.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Angling works very nicely in it but the guns seem like they are worse than the Nagato.

You're kidding...

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Really? I think the guns are excellent.  Maybe slightly worse dispersion but you get one more turret, and this ship is so fast.  You have to use the speed to position yourself well, and exert your presence

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Amagi

She has same bad AP shell as Nagato stock, in stock config

She has same good AP shell as upgraded Nagato, in upgraded config

how to upgrade her gun/shell? upgrade her hull.

Sign in to follow this