Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
devil667

New ingame Econ: Intention, Expectation.. fruition? And a suggestion

6 comments in this topic

120 posts
22,882 battles

So among the other changes to game economics in the last update, guess the following was meant to discourage camping and actively playing.

* Decreased credit reward for damage

* Added credit reward for Spotting

* Added credit reward for blocking/dodging damage.

And on top of that ships are to pay a fixed repair cost [which is near their old max repair cost]. 

1. Well, it has resulted in most BB/CA in higher tiers to go all suicidal on the opponent, while still making little loss or even profit. And in many incases they aren't even contributing much towards the outcome of the battle! Thus somewhat encouraging mindless aggression instead of skillful playing as there is Nothing To Lose but Gain...[well except the game itself :P].

2. Furthermore this has resulted in CV players in Tier 9s & 10s to actually encounter losses or little profit regardless of their contribution. I am sure CV isn't supposed to be dodging damage in the first place, and its not beneficial in those tiers to try and get high spotting damage either with long range AA in most ships! 

So heres a simple suggestion.

* Keep the reduced reward for damaging as it is now.

* Go back to the old system of paying the repair fee based on the damage taken. [Note Only repair fee and not the earnings]

* Additionally, reward angling against / dodging &  spotting, like its being done now, or even increase the % for it if deemed necessary. 

* Incase CVs are seen as tools for farming credits without paying repair cost in more games slightly increase their aircraft costs. 

Keeping the rest of the factors as it is atm/or with slight changes in numericals deemed necessary

This would affect a few things,

1. BB/CL players in higher tiers will be handling situations a bit more logically, since they will be forced to go forward to earn decent amount, but at the same time angle/dodge to mitigate losses. This would encourage in skillful playing instead of going "Leeeroy Jenkins"  & at the same time reward the skilled ones. This should encourage aspiring BB/CA players to learn to angle or dodge better and at the same time stimulate tactical playing. 

2. CV players will atleast not have to pay the 180k credit for repair [in T 10] when they haven't taken damage. However the fact that damage rewards are reduced[as it is now], will automatically make them go for the additional way of earning credits i.e via spotting and plane kills. This would discourage the idiotic damage farmers around, and promote tactical and teamplay yet again. Without having to pay the full repair fee, CVs should be able to earn a decent amount then, and as I had suggested earlier, increase the aircraft costs slightly if necessary, in order to make them think a wee bit before just throwing them on some AA blanket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last update somewhat dictates how the game is to be played and Wargaming SHOULD NOT dictate the playstyles, that has to be decided by the players themselves, otherwise it would be a limiting factor for the standard of playing / skill ceiling / tactical diversity. However, what they should do is implement changes that encourage & reward skillful playing, so players have the incentive to improve their playing & understanding of the game mechanics. 

I know there are far more changes / balances people would like, and I am not saying the suggested change will fix everything, rather, it would get rid of the [content removed] outcome the last econ change brought about, and perhaps get the results Wargaming originally intended with the last update. 

And on a Sidenote,

Dear Wargaming, kindly stop throwing random changes at us without taking the range of probable outcomes into consideration. Trial and error to balance the game is fine, but maybe, just maybe, analyze the variables a bit before implementing? I really hope its not decided by a parrot pulling cards or some future predicting octopus.. 

Thank you.

Devil

Derogatory/Difficult to read. Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Linking gaming with mental disabilities is frown upon from on high.

Edited by dead_man_walking

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I have found a good intention of current economy system.

IT DISCOURAGES LOW TIER SEAL CLUBBING BY SUPER UNICUMS

It's totally destroyed the grind in Co-Op.

Flags all the way to just get a little profit.

Craptastic update WG.

1,837 posts
8,068 battles

1. Well, it has resulted in most BB/CA in higher tiers to go all suicidal on the opponent, while still making little loss or even profit. And in many incases they aren't even contributing much towards the outcome of the battle! Thus somewhat encouraging mindless aggression instead of skillful playing as there is Nothing To Lose but Gain...[well except the game itself :P].

2. Furthermore this has resulted in CV players in Tier 9s & 10s to actually encounter losses or little profit regardless of their contribution. I am sure CV isn't supposed to be dodging damage in the first place, and its not beneficial in those tiers to try and get high spotting damage either with long range AA in most ships! 

So heres a simple suggestion.

Keeping the rest of the factors as it is atm/or with slight changes in numericals deemed necessary

This would affect a few things,

1. BB/CL players in higher tiers will be handling situations a bit more logically, since they will be forced to go forward to earn decent amount, but at the same time angle/dodge to mitigate losses. This would encourage in skillful playing instead of going "Leeeroy Jenkins"  & at the same time reward the skilled ones. This should encourage aspiring BB/CA players to learn to angle or dodge better and at the same time stimulate tactical playing. 

2. CV players will atleast not have to pay the 180k credit for repair [in T 10] when they haven't taken damage. However the fact that damage rewards are reduced[as it is now], will automatically make them go for the additional way of earning credits i.e via spotting and plane kills. This would discourage the idiotic damage farmers around, and promote tactical and teamplay yet again. Without having to pay the full repair fee, CVs should be able to earn a decent amount then, and as I had suggested earlier, increase the aircraft costs slightly if necessary, in order to make them think a wee bit before just throwing them on some AA blanket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last update somewhat dictates how the game is to be played and Wargaming SHOULD NOT dictate the playstyles, that has to be decided by the players themselves, otherwise it would be a limiting factor for the standard of playing / skill ceiling / tactical diversity. However, what they should do is implement changes that encourage & reward skillful playing, so players have the incentive to improve their playing & understanding of the game mechanics. 

I know there are far more changes / balances people would like, and I am not saying the suggested change will fix everything, rather, it would get rid of the [content removed] outcome the last econ change brought about, and perhaps get the results Wargaming originally intended with the last update. 

And on a Sidenote,

Dear Wargaming, kindly stop throwing random changes at us without taking the range of probable outcomes into consideration. Trial and error to balance the game is fine, but maybe, just maybe, analyze the variables a bit before implementing? I really hope its not decided by a parrot pulling cards or some future predicting octopus.. 

Thank you.

Devil

Please change your red text into other colors

Moderators will change it into something else

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Sign in to follow this